Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

I like how you resort to sarcasm instead of acknowledging that this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

I'm not even religious but most religious people are kind hearted people. 

A few perverted priests hide behind the cross... are you telling me there isn't some perverted trannies hiding behind the rainbow going into the little girl's bathroom???

If anyone needs anything... you need Jesus.

watching arrested development GIF

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Everything said in that video is 100% the truth.

Yes she is a great mom, she's good friends with my wife.

I said in my original post it was taken on a camera phone at the rally which is why it's a Facebook link.

Keep burying your heads in the sand. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm that dad too... parent teacher interviews will be interesting this year when I bring up the cross dressing dress wearing teacher who talks about in appropriate things with children

Fuck all of you weird perverts 

You really need to go back and find the post that refutes everything you said here.  I forget who posted it, but it lays out exactly how kids in BC are taught things.

Here is the deal bub.  

Can you at least find a concrete example of actual curriculum that you object to that is ACTUALLY being taught to kids.  Not some Facebook video or some anecdotal BS you pulled from your posterior.  I mean a link to an actual piece of curriculum that is actually being taught to kids in elementary school.  BE SPECIFIC.

Otherwise, piss off.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

I'm that dad too... parent teacher interviews will be interesting this year when I bring up the cross dressing dress wearing teacher who talks about in appropriate things with children

Fuck all of you weird perverts 

Right back at ya, sport....

BTW: I'd love to watch that Parent - Teacher interview. Especially the part where the cops show up and drag your sorry ass away....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

A conservative party that's closer to the center would be intriguing, there's room in Canada for a party with some conservative takes that doesn't appeal to the further right

I probably wouldn't vote for them, I generally lean pretty left, but I'd be intrigued to read and hear what they've got to say 

Might even agree with some of their takes 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A conservative party that's closer to the center would be intriguing, there's room in Canada for a party with some conservative takes that doesn't appeal to the further right

I probably wouldn't vote for them, I generally lean pretty left, but I'd be intrigued to read and hear what they've got to say 

If we had a truly centre right party.  Like a traditional conservative party in canada that was free from all the social nonsense and just concentrated on governing as opposed to yelling and blame I'd be very very interested in their platform.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If we had a truly centre right party.  Like a traditional conservative party in canada that was free from all the social nonsense and just concentrated on governing as opposed to yelling and blame I'd be very very interested in their platform.

I think there'd be a demand for a party willing to govern that way, I think a lot of folks with conservative views and values would opt for something closer to the center. You might even see some folks who vote liberal hop back and forth depending on the election. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

I think there'd be a demand for a party willing to govern that way, I think a lot of folks with conservative views and values would opt for something closer to the center. You might even see some folks who vote liberal hop back and forth depending on the election. 

The moderates are left holding the bag every election trying to decide who is the least disgusting turd to vote for.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I agree, my only worry is that the far right are such zealots and will vote in large blocks that it might be hard to resist courting that vote.

I also worry that it would bleed votes from the Libs, but not the Cons and lead to the minority governing the majority.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The moderates are left holding the bag every election trying to decide who is the least disgusting turd to vote for.  

I'm not in the centre, but if I was it would be livs every time.  To support the cons makes me implicit for the actions of the far right.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Douchebag Turdsandwhich GIF - Douchebag Turdsandwhich Debate - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree, my only worry is that the far right are such zealots and will vote in large blocks that it might be hard to resist courting that vote.

I also worry that it would bleed votes from the Libs, but not the Cons and lead to the minority governing the majority.

It's a fair concern, it's a hard segment for any conservative party to completely ignore. It's hard to say what a more splintered right would look like. 

And yeah, stealing Lib votes could upset the balance. 

• Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, Ribs said:

:parrot:

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

omg it happened!!!

Of course, now he's going to go back to his construction worker buddies and tell them how he completely owned some Libs....:classic_laugh:

First member banned from FCDC.....his parents would be so proud....

• ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Of course, now he's going to go back to his construction worker buddies and tell them how he completely owned some Libs....:classic_laugh:

First member banned from FCDC.....his parents would be so proud....

2nd!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can see how this would be the worry.

But we need more options.  Our current only option for anyone centre right is the Poiliverre Cons who seem to have lost their way and voice to the social caucus and the PPC who are about as repugnant as you can imagine.

The Libs have the NDP as their counterpoint and in Quebec the Bloc.  The centre right or small C moderates have nobody.  More options means less majorities means more representation that is fair for everyone.

I don't see that as a bad thing.  especially in instances like this where people are fed up with Trudeau and might just vote Conservative as a moderate to vote for change because there is no other option that aligns with their views