Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Poilivre can definitely improve things by showing up in an obituary.

In your head is this an acceptable thing to say? When even someone like Rupert thinks it's harsh you know it's dumb. I absolutely hate Trudeau but I'm not going on a hockey forum and wishing him death. Just pathetic 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

In your head is this an acceptable thing to say? When even someone like Rupert thinks it's harsh you know it's dumb. I absolutely hate Trudeau but I'm not going on a hockey forum and wishing him death. Just pathetic 

Which forum do you use for that? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

The Nazi/Hitler comparison is worse

10's of millions of deaths during that time, all looking down and seeing someone compare PP to Hitler.  Baffling.  Disrespectful and gross beyond words.  

Edited by Wiggums
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Margaret could have easily snuck out to Cuba to meet her lover in a private jet. I don’t care what some dude in his basement says about his fact checking. Trudeau needs to agree to a DNA test. 

Asking for the Prime Minister to take a DNA test seems to be much more humane and politically correct than wishing death upon the opposition leader. 

Maybe you should take that up with someone who wished death on the opposition leader then.

And by all means...carry on with the DNA nonsense. Just know that it makes you look like a fool for believing it.

30 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Now you're being willfully obtuse. That's exactly the comparison being made. They're both commies right? 

Dude if I see someone wish death upon Trudeau and call him Hitler or Castro I'll call it out.  

Edited by Wiggums

2 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

What do you mean, "someone like Rupert"?

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

What do you mean, "someone like Rupert"?

I took it as someone intelligent, who doesn't vote based on emotion and misguided, spoonfed ideology that's designed to distract you from actually important issues, and whom isn't easily dooped in to voting against their own best interests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Alberta isn't calling anymore because you're already here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-interprovincial-migration-q3-2023-1.7063681

People who moved within Canada over the summer overwhelming chose Alberta — again — as their destination, according to new estimates released by Statistics Canada Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the provincial government says it has stopped running its "Alberta is Calling" advertisements, which had encouraged Canadians to consider the province as a new home.

Calgary's rental prices climbing faster than anywhere else in the country

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-rent-increase-report-1.6951129

• ThereItIs 1

Canada as a whole needed an influx of population in order to keep the economy growing/afloat. 

That was the impetus of importing new immigrants. 

However, it’s not the immigrants fault. 

It’s the fault of the Federal government and Provincial governments for not keeping up with basic infrastructure like Housing, Schools and Hospitals, to name a few. 

Now, it’s going to hurt all of us, to play catch-up. 

• ThereItIs 2

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Canada as a whole needed an influx of population in order to keep the economy growing/afloat. 

That was the impetus of importing new immigrants. 

However, it’s not the immigrants fault. 

It’s the fault of the Federal government and Provincial governments for not keeping up with basic infrastructure like Housing, Schools and Hospitals, to name a few. 

Now, it’s going to hurt all of us, to play catch-up. 

The thing is, you need tax revenue to pay for all that....and who are the ones complaining the loudest about taxes?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Alberta isn't calling anymore because you're already here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-interprovincial-migration-q3-2023-1.7063681

People who moved within Canada over the summer overwhelming chose Alberta — again — as their destination, according to new estimates released by Statistics Canada Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the provincial government says it has stopped running its "Alberta is Calling" advertisements, which had encouraged Canadians to consider the province as a new home.

Calgary's rental prices climbing faster than anywhere else in the country

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-rent-increase-report-1.6951129

I've come across a LOT of the "muh freedoms" crowd that had been living here on the island, that were moving back to Alberta because they "don't like how the government is running things here"...

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I've come across a LOT of the "muh freedoms" crowd that had been living here on the island, that were moving back to Alberta because they "don't like how the government is running things here"...

Do you tell them not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out?

• ThereItIs 1