Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

As far as parents rights, who do you think is the main issue in most of these cases? Imagine if blakequinnandeggs had a kid who questioned there own identity,how do you think that would go? Many children are disowned or ostracized by their families because they are gay or trans. Where do you think most of them end up? Let the medical professionals do their job and, if you aren't one, stfu.

I am genuinely concerned about the welfare of his children.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Apparently there's a few overpasses missing some idiots today. Gender affirming care is medical treatment, determined by medical professionals, in order to save the lives of so many members of the lgbtq+ community who disproportionately take their own lives. Surgeries are not performed on minors in Canada with the exception of extreme cases, and there are long comprehensive steps that need to be done before anyone is considered for any type of treatment.

As far as hormones go, imagine you are a child who was born a boy but has always felt like a girl. All of a sudden pubery hits and your body starts changing. You start developing masculine traits that guarantee you wil be questioned by everyone you meet as to your gender at birth. Your body will never match the way you feel and there's nothing you can do about it. Hormone blockers can be used to stop those changes, and contrary to the propaganda, they can be stopped and reversed if done in a reasonable amount of time. 

Again this is a medical procedure determined by doctors, not construction workers. 

And Hip, you may want to delve in Rons posts a little more before heaping so much praise. I'm sure that part about teachers dressing appropriately is about that teacher back east with the huge fake boobs, who by all accounts is most likely an unhinged alt right nutbar trying to make a point. Literal propaganda being eaten up by the uninformed, it has to be called out. 

As far as parents rights, who do you think is the main issue in most of these cases? Imagine if blakequinnandeggs had a kid who questioned there own identity,how do you think that would go? Many children are disowned or ostracized by their families because they are gay or trans. Where do you think most of them end up? Let the medical professionals do their job and, if you aren't one, stfu.

image.gif.760eb5907947d87d4382bd528e06ccf5.gif

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I am genuinely concerned about the welfare of his children.

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

But what if they're not really his...? :classic_ninja:

I believe he mentioned that he and the mother are no longer together.....

I wonder why.....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I believe he mentioned that he and the mother are no longer together.....

I wonder why.....:classic_unsure:

like the dudebro protesting in Kamloops yesterday who ranted about protecting the children from the explicit curriculum and when pressed said "I don't have kids myself".

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

Shades of Harper, P P is asking  Conservative MP’s to not comment on SOGI related questions. I cannot believe that anyone in Canada could trust this guy enough to vote for him or his Party!

I've never been a single issue voter but I am now. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I wish we would move to proportional representation rather than first past the post.  More parties, more balance of power

No, I want rank choice.

I don't want an over enthused Alberta dictating federal politics. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2