Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

On 12/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, D.B Cooper said:

Yes.  I said the vaccines stopped the spread of covid.  Not the lockdown…..

Lockdowns and Vax policies caused massive inflation, drug use, homelessness, shortage of doctors/nurses, etc.  Things that are going to affect the population for generations to come, people are too dense and brainwashed to look at the bigger picture here.

In 2020 the average age of death from COVID was 83.8, in 2019 the average life expectancy without COVID was 76.5....  Again, we implemented guidelines that are going to negatively effect and also kill younger generations for decades to come.. and we did it to save people who were well passed their excepted due date anyways.  

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Lockdowns and Vax policies caused massive inflation, drug use, homelessness, shortage of doctors/nurses, etc.  Things that are going to affect the population for generations to come, people are too dense and brainwashed to look at the bigger picture here.

In 2020 the average age of death from COVID was 83.8, in 2019 the average life expectancy without COVID was 76.5....  Again, we implemented guidelines that are going to negatively effect and also kill younger generations for decades to come.. and we did it to save people who were well passed their excepted due date anyways.  

First of all, the average life expectancy in 2019 was not 76.5. It was over 80: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/91f0015m/91f0015m2021002-eng.htm

How are the implemented guidelines going to negatively effect and also kill younger generations? You've made a statement here without really backing it up. I'd like to know your take on this because I have young friends who are very much effected by things like long covid and it seems like just letting the virus do it's thing would have negatively effected and killed more younger generations for decades to come, if not directly from covid, than indirectly from it.

To be fair, this isn't going to be a "one size fits all" scenario either as people were to be effected no matter what.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Lockdowns and Vax policies caused massive inflation, drug use, homelessness, shortage of doctors/nurses, etc.

You'd have to supply all kinds of proof to back that statement up before I take it as anything more than an opinion wearing fact's clothing.

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, The Lock said:

First of all, the average life expectancy in 2019 was not 76.5. It was over 80: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/91f0015m/91f0015m2021002-eng.htm

How are the implemented guidelines going to negatively effect and also kill younger generations? You've made a statement here without really backing it up. I'd like to know your take on this because I have young friends who are very much effected by things like long covid and it seems like just letting the virus do it's thing would have negatively effected and killed more younger generations for decades to come, if not directly from covid, than indirectly from it.

To be fair, this isn't going to be a "one size fits all" scenario either as people were to be effected no matter what.

It says 76.5 first paragraph under findings. 

Doctor shortages, uptake in drug use and homelessness, inflation attributing to lack of nutrition, food, proper housing etc.  this is going to affect Canadians for decades and will all negatively impact young lives. Due to regulations and guidelines we were unable to provide food to countries affected by famine, we actually killed many children by discontinuing our food and supply chain to them.  

14 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You'd have to supply all kinds of proof to back that statement up before I take it as anything more than an opinion wearing fact's clothing.

Let me guess, you're 65+, retired, live in a rural community in the middle of nowhere with nobody around?  

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

It says 76.5 first paragraph under findings. 

Doctor shortages, uptake in drug use and homelessness, inflation attributing to lack of nutrition, food, proper housing etc.  this is going to affect Canadians for decades and will all negatively impact young lives. Due to regulations and guidelines we were unable to provide food to countries affected by famine, we actually killed many children by discontinuing our food and supply chain to them.  

Let me guess, you're 65+, retired, live in a rural community in the middle of nowhere with nobody around?  

Again, these are statements you're making. You've made a bunch of hypotheses. You think that the regulations and guidelines caused all of this. What if it was Covid itself? What if having no regulations and guidelines would have caused the same thing? Long Covid, deaths in the family, a fear of Covid itself: those could also have impacts could they not?

Edit: Not only that, no regulations... think about how that would have changed the life expectancy. Because there WERE regulations, that life expectancy is that high. It would have been much much lower without regulations. If you need proof of this, look at the countries that didn't have regulations. Sweden comes to mind: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9488891/

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wiggums said:

Yes, yes, and no followed by so the fuck what?   

BTW - I'm not at all offended by your statement, just bemused and wondering why you chose that to go route rather than explain to me why you feel lockdowns and Vax policies directly caused all the problems you listed.

We are all entitled to our opinions.  Sometimes though, we are asked to expand and explain them.   If I'm so dumb then please give me hand in understanding how things really work.

Just now, Satchmo said:

Yes, yes, and no followed by so the fuck what?   

BTW - I'm not at all offended by your statement, just bemused and wondering why you chose that to go route rather than explain to me why you feel lockdowns and Vax policies directly caused all the problems you listed.

We are all entitled to our opinions.  Sometimes though, we are asked to expand and explain them.   If I'm so dumb then please give me hand in understanding how things really work.

I wasn't even talking to you.  Stop asking people to prove things to you and/or do your reading after butting into a conversation, I've already told you this.

And wow what shocker that I guessed all that, it's almost like you have no idea what's going in the real world cause you're a retired old guy in the middle of nowhere.

8 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

And wow what shocker that I guessed all that, it's almost like you have no idea what's going in the real world cause you're a retired old guy in the middle of nowhere.

Really? You're going to just dismiss someone for who they are and where they're from? All because they asked for evidence and won't take your word as the bible?

Satchmo so far has proven to show way more intelligence than you have. He rarely even attacks anyone.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

In your mind, maybe. Clearly, if someone's defending someone and attacking someone else, they don't agree with your assessment here. Therefore, to say they're all the same isn't going to be an effective approach.

Even you felt the need to add in "pretty much" in brackets. That tells me you don't even fully agree with your opinion. You know there's differences out there no matter what. Am I correct?

Very slim differences.  IMHO, there's not much difference between Trudeau and Trump.  People say if you support Trump, you're a bigot/womanizer - well - same if you support Trudeau.  Just because Trudeau apologized doesn't make him better.  

Okay, so if you support Trudeau, tell me why and what qualifications does he have to run our country?  

Careful, for if you say he's qualified, then so are many others - including those you may be against.

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Very slim differences.  IMHO, there's not much difference between Trudeau and Trump.  People say if you support Trump, you're a bigot/womanizer - well - same if you support Trudeau.  Just because Trudeau apologized doesn't make him better.  

Okay, so if you support Trudeau, tell me why and what qualifications does he have to run our country?  

Careful, for if you say he's qualified, then so are many others - including those you may be against.

First of all, I never said I supported Trudeau. I actually dislike both Trudeau and Poliviere, but for different reasons. I think Trudeau gets us in trouble a little too much while I think Poliviere comes off as a sleeze, much like many of the more recent Conservative leaders. I miss the times of Chretien and Martin. I also miss politicians such as Preston Manning.

Also @Wiggums . Take notes from Heretic. This is how to respond to people rather than dismissing them because you think "they are old and live in the middle of nowhere".

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

First of all, I never said I supported Trudeau. I actually dislike both Trudeau and Poliviere, but for different reasons. I think Trudeau gets us in trouble a little too much while I think Poliviere comes off as a sleeze, much like many of the more recent Conservative leaders. I miss the times of Chretien and Martin. I also miss politicians such as Preston Manning.

Also @Wiggums . Take notes from Heretic. This is how to respond to people rather than dismissing them because you think "they are old and live in the middle of nowhere".

Didn't dismiss him it just makes sense that someone living in a rural area has no idea there's is an uptake in homeless and drug users. I did dismiss him because I wasn't even trying to talk to him to begin with though.  

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Really? You're going to just dismiss someone for who they are and where they're from? All because they asked for evidence and won't take your word as the bible?

Satchmo so far has proven to show way more intelligence than you have. He rarely even attacks anyone.

Wasn't expecting to see age discrimination today, but here we are.  We'll all hopefully be that age eventually and will deserve a right to express our opinion.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Didn't dismiss him it just makes sense that someone living in a rural area has no idea there's is an uptake in homeless and drug users. I did dismiss him because I wasn't even trying to talk to him to begin with though.  

All of this stuff is searchable on the internet if it's true. It doesn't matter if you're in a rural area or not. That's irrelevant. There's also something called the news which you can watch on TV. And if you think Satchmo is "too old" to use the internet.... what do you think he/she is doing here on this forum?

And then the whole "I didn't want to talk with him in the first place"... then don't respond to him. That just makes your response here even worse.

If you're trying to lose respect, it's working.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

1) I wasn't even talking to you.  Stop asking people to prove things to you and/or do your reading after butting into a conversation, I've already told you this.

2) And wow what shocker that I guessed all that, it's almost like you have no idea what's going in the real world cause you're a retired old guy in the middle of nowhere.

1) I think you are re-writing a history that can easily be seen by scrolling above.   

2) Seriously?

14 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'll also add that this is the same clown that DB Cooper rushed to the defense of, because I was so mean to him....:classic_rolleyes:

As I said before, I calls 'em and I sees 'em, and have been doing so for close to 20 years, on this site and CDC.....most often, it's these posters themselves that prove my opinion correct....

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Heretic said:

:classic_huh:

Sorry, when did Trudeau try and overturn an election loss through violence? (For that matter, when did he lose an election?)

You'll also need to point out which felony charges JT is currently facing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I'll also add that this is the same clown that DB Cooper rushed to the defense of, because I was so mean to him....:classic_rolleyes:

As I said before, I calls 'em and I sees 'em, and have been doing so for close to 20 years, on this site and CDC.....most often, it's these posters themselves that prove my opinion correct....

He strikes me as having a huge ego to the point where he's unable to question himself. He's probably been in an echo chamber for a long time. The irony is he probably thinks we're the same way.

Yet, we're the ones asking for evidence and giving him a platform to explain himself. We're listening to what he is saying but then he gets frustrated when we don't buy what he's saying without evidence. He doesn't need evidence himself because he's already into that confirmation bias, whereas we do for obvious reasons.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I wasn't even talking to you.  Stop asking people to prove things to you and/or do your reading after butting into a conversation, I've already told you this.

Good lord you are an arrogant child.

Grow up.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

But I already told you I don't live in  rural setting.   My eyes are getting older but I can still read things and pay attention as long as I have my glasses on

Okanagan cities are plenty big enough to hold a large number of homeless people and drug users.  

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

All of this stuff is searchable on the internet if it's true. It doesn't matter if you're in a rural area or not. That's irrelevant. There's also something called the news which you can watch on TV. And if you think Satchmo is "too old" to use the internet.... what do you think he/she is doing here on this forum?

And then the whole "I didn't want to talk with him in the first place"... then don't respond to him. That just makes your response here even worse.

If you're trying to lose respect, it's working.

If you have to ask for proof that Canada has seen a dramatic increase in homelessness and drug use then yeah I'm sorry but you must live under a rock(rural)  That was my point.  Literally just open your door and go in to any town center and you can see it

Just now, Wiggums said:

If you have to ask for proof that Canada has seen a dramatic increase in homelessness and drug use then yeah I'm sorry but you must live under a rock(rural)  That was my point.  Literally just open your door and go in to any town center and you can see it

Yes, because the act of seeing a homeless person proves that there's been a dramatic increase.....:classic_rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Just provide the proof dude. If you know it's true you should be able to google it and find evidence of it.

If you aren't willing to do that then there's no reason for anyone to take you seriously.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Wait... Time out... I thought massive inflation, drug use, and homelessness was caused by immigration..? At least that's what they claim down here in the US....

And "well past their expected due date"? Really? What weird-a$$ Scroogian attitude is that? "If they're going to die they had better do it and decrease the surplus population". (I know the original reference is towards the poor, but you've basically said the same about the elderly. I mean, what did nana ever do to you?)

• Thanks 3
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Ok so I'm going to respond even though you were replying to The Lock - and I'm beginning to think that pisses you off - because it seems to me I am the 'you' in your post.

Who was denying we have a huge problem with drug use and homelessness?

My whole involvement in this was based on the statement you made:  

Lockdowns and Vax policies caused massive inflation, drug use, homelessness, shortage of doctors/nurses, etc.

I wanted to know why lockdowns and vax policies caused all those problems.   I get no answers but instead I'm told I'm old and live under a rock. 

No doubt to me Covid policy impacted all those problems but your statement implied much more.

Edited by Satchmo
typo

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Just provide the proof dude. If you know it's true you should be able to google it and find evidence of it.

If you aren't willing to do that then there's no reason for anyone to take you seriously.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/75f0002m/75f0002m2023004-eng.htm

Goes from 2018 to 2021 so pandemic is included.  Two separate reports indicating homeless percentages (including hidden homelessness) declined slightly during that time period.  Guess who was the PM during all this.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1