Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Don't get me wrong, if you voted and are going to vote for Trudeau again because you don't like the alternative, then that's a good reason IMHO.  
Just don't defend him like he's the greatest leader Canada has ever had.

For the record, I used to vote Liberal until he came along.

Still waiting for someone to list his qualifications and work experience that make him capable of running a country.

BTW, Poilievre doesn't seem to have much neither.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see the connection at all. Why would that suddenly be a thing?

becuase people are cowards and kill themselves... Place a 9mm handgun with one bullet in the chamber next to every homeless person and you dont think some are going to end their lives?

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think that is an insult to those that actually were forced into concentration camps, literally. 

is it?

I think drug addicts and homeless people are more disrespected than how the homeless are treated, at least they gave them food and shelter.

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

is it?

I think drug addicts and homeless people are more disrespected than how the homeless are treated, at least they gave them food and shelter.

Oh boy. why are you digging this hole?

Insted you could try to do your extreme statements about JT without disrespecting the memory of those that perished in WW2...

creating infrastructure building 10-20 short term recovery centers with a plan to rehabilitate and return to society...

or Literally feeding addicts 100Million dollars in drugs and then offering them death when they realize no one is helping them...

like i said this is disgusting

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh boy. why are you digging this hole?

Insted you could try to do your extreme statements about JT without disrespecting the memory of those that perished in WW2...

sorry to disrespect the dead... but we have more important matters at hand... like the incoming murders of thousands of homeless and addicts...

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for saying that.

i dont mean to disrespect the dead, but i said those words for a reason... our homeless and addicts are being severely mistreated...

and the 100 million dollars invested in the federal plan in the safe drug consumption policy... sure it was needed at the time as a short term solution... but reinvesting 100 million dollars is grossly incompetent... Fix the stem of the issue and create rehabilitation centers.

• Cheers 1

and that money crisis is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...

the suicide rate will be so high... i wont even have to do with money... people losing a loved one might just end themselves or losing a marriage... or people will commit suicide justin spite of other people...

I have studied psychology, when things are available they get used... give someone an idea and they will think about it...

telling the canadian people... "hey lifes rough kill yourself if you want too" is not a fucking good message... no hero has ever said those words before...

Justin trudeau is a coward

18 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

the government is handing handguns out with one bullet, but only is possible to shoot yourself...

when the next money crisis hits we WILL SEE RECORD SUICIDES with this policy in effect

But isn't the law about people with untreatable mental illness? yes some of them may also be addicts.

Not sure what moral right you have to force someone to live in agony, but I guess thats why this is a contentious issue. 

14 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

and that money crisis is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...

the suicide rate will be so high... i wont even have to do with money... people losing a loved one might just end themselves or losing a marriage... or people will commit suicide justin spite of other people...

I have studied psychology, when things are available they get used... give someone an idea and they will think about it...

telling the canadian people... "hey lifes rough kill yourself if you want too" is not a fucking good message... no hero has ever said those words before...

Justin trudeau is a coward

you do realize that physicians are involved in the decision? 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But isn't the law about people with untreatable mental illness? yes some of them may also be addicts.

Not sure what moral right you have to force someone to live in agony, but I guess thats why this is a contentious issue. 

no... you are just dead wrong... The correct answer is "we are working hard with Pyschologists,Pyschiatrists and scientists to not only correct and treat mental illness through new science but also to cut the root of the evil at the stem"

I see this as JT is a person that is not following the latest science and breakthroughs in mental Illness... Psylocibin is a mircalous drug that are going to change people lives in the future, like marijuana did for Cancer... or Elon Musks Brain implant, we are so close to discovering the mystery's of the Brain, which until recently has been more unknown to us then even the Entire Universe...

The answer is to someone who is suicidal is "You never know, whats dark today might be bright tomorrow"

The reason why people want to kill themselves is not usually because of the illness themselves, its how they are treated like a second class citizen. the fact that the words "Untreatable mental illness are used is just a reminder to myself how out of touch people are and how disgusting politics are used to literally wipe their hands clean from a problem they are too stupid to solve themselves or too cowardly to admit the truth.

I dont see eye to eye with anyone that walks around handing out loaded handguns to people that are at their weakest... Claiming there was nothing we could do, but they were the one that created and fostered this mess

Edited by MidKnight Ego
red are edits

The use of MAID with psychological issues rather than physical ones is a human rights issue. Clearly no doctor in the country would sign off on it for a patient who woke up sad this morning. The bar is so incredibly high already to use MAID for physical reasons, and the bar for mental health reasons is actually much much higher that the physical one. As a person whose household may be affected by these laws, I think I can say with confidence that no one is going into MAID willy nilly on the spur of the moment, and having a painfree doctor assisted method to end ones existence is FAR SUPERIOR than folks doing it, sometimes successfully and sometimes NOT all on their own. This issue is akin to the abortion issue for me: if you ban it, they will just do it anyway in a far worse situation like a back alley coat hanger style. No one wants that end. No one deserves that end. We all deserve dignity and the right to not exist, where all other options have been exhausted. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

It's certainly a shock to wake up this morning and learn just how bad things really are.

I knew things were bad but now I see that we will very soon all be insolvent, starving, and shooting ourselves with government guns while our wayward sons and daughters are held in concentration camps run by AI robots.

I might just off myself now and avoid the rush.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The use of MAID with psychological issues rather than physical ones is a human rights issue. Clearly no doctor in the country would sign off on it for a patient who woke up sad this morning. The bar is so incredibly high already to use MAID for physical reasons, and the bar for mental health reasons is actually much much higher that the physical one. As a person whose household may be affected by these laws, I think I can say with confidence that no one is going into MAID willy nilly on the spur of the moment, and having a painfree doctor assisted method to end ones existence is FAR SUPERIOR than folks doing it, sometimes successfully and sometimes NOT all on their own. This issue is akin to the abortion issue for me: if you ban it, they will just do it anyway in a far worse situation like a back alley coat hanger style. No one wants that end. No one deserves that end. We all deserve dignity and the right to not exist, where all other options have been exhausted. 

ok cool... thats a sad thing...life is a sad thing... death is a sad thing...mental illness is a sad thing... I have untreatable mental illness and its a sad thing...

we do not need another easier OPTION, we all have an OPTION however gruesome it is... 

Like i said... "whats dark today, might be Bright tommorrow" Do not allow people to give up hope...

here is a fun fact about suicide... its fricking contagious... you can ask my step father...

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It's certainly a shock to wake up this morning and learn just how bad things really are.

I knew things were bad but now I see that we will very soon all be insolvent, starving, and shooting ourselves with government guns while our wayward sons and daughters are held in concentration camps run by AI robots.

I might just off myself now and avoid the rush.

do not hide from exponential stupidity and massive shifts of power,

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Don't get me wrong, if you voted and are going to vote for Trudeau again because you don't like the alternative, then that's a good reason IMHO.  
Just don't defend him like he's the greatest leader Canada has ever had.

For the record, I used to vote Liberal until he came along.

Still waiting for someone to list his qualifications and work experience that make him capable of running a country.

BTW, Poilievre doesn't seem to have much neither.

At the moment, Trudeau has 8 years of running a g7 nation on his curriculum vitae. 

P.P. by contrast has that one paper he wrote stating that every politician should only be allowed to serve two terms in office, the one he wrote when he was 20 that got him noticed by Preston Manning and Steven Harper. Then he got elected at the next opportunity and has been there ever since: 20 years in office for the man whose claim to fame before being elected was championing absolute term limits for all politicians...LMAO..you can't make this stuff up folks. ZERO life skills outside of public office, and the one thing he was famous for before public office, when he finished his second term he completely ignored and distanced himself from. 

But sure, he is the better choice...forgive my barrel laugh, it is just too funny to ignore. 

Trudeau is currently the best option of the three possible Prime Ministers. 

That may change once Jagmeet and Peter Poutine are replaced. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

At the moment, Trudeau has 8 years of running a g7 nation on his curriculum vitae. 

Yes,  but what did he have before that?

A BA in Lit and Education, and he dropped out of Engineering.  
Has he ever run a company?