Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

this right here... is the saddest thing i have ever read in my life... i see why you have no shame, you must be incapable of it

Just because you're angry doesn't mean you're bright or understand what you're talking about 

Being offended isn't a green card or free pass.

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, according to your logic Stephen Harper should have won the 2015 election because he had 9 years of experience running a G7 country up to that point while Trudeau’s experience in 2015 was teaching kids French and Math in a high school. 

Not at all, no. Someone asked what qualifies Trudeau to be the PM or something like that: I replied that at this point he has done the job for 8 years and has a whole lot of on the job experience, more or less. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Not at all, no. Someone asked what qualifies Trudeau to be the PM or something like that: I replied that at this point he has done the job for 8 years and has a whole lot of on the job experience, more or less. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

No problem my friend. At some point somebody has to get the experience. Every Prime Minister and every US President never had the experience of running the country until after they were elected. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No problem my friend. At some point somebody has to get the experience. Every Prime Minister and every US President never had the experience of running the country until after they were elected. 

I agree with your premise…in a way.

I didn’t like the Libs selection of JT precisely because he had no qualifications aside from being the offspring of a former PM. Which makes PP equally unqualified, or less if you count genetics.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But we've seen Skippy in action for 20 years and we know he's a moron.

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Unfortunately our options are a couple of morons and a guy that needed to change his name as a cover for his previous life. 

And people still laugh at me when I say our country is completely fooked. 

Nah, it's not. We have systems.

Skippy is a real tool tho, too quick to stoke anger.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unfortunately our options are a couple of morons and a guy that needed to change his name as a cover for his previous life. 

And people still laugh at me when I say our country is completely fooked. 

IMO you're putting far too much emphasis on party leadership. The electorate doesn't get much say in which Muppet is the face of any party, nor do those leaders have as much unilateral power as people seem to think (if internet vitriol is any indication).

Like @Bob Longsaid, we have systems.

Vote based on party platform/policies and your local candidate. Voting based purely on a given party's leader is about the most ignorant, short sighted thing you can do. Vote in thoughtful, quality local representation to insulate us from what I agree are generally, bad, worse and awful party leaders.

@Heretic, this one's for you too.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

Who's defending Trudeau's leadership ability? 🤨 Most of the "defending" I see on here is people rightly pointing out he isn't actually responsible for whatever thing they're ignorantly screaming about that day. Today it seems to be MAID.

I doubt most people on this forum have ever voted for Trudeau FWIW, as I doubt there's many people from Papineau on a Canuck forum.

And no, Pollievre doesn't seem overly qualified either. But PMs don't really "run" a country either. Certainly not as some one person show.

wrong he voted it in, i was lied to

8 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Dude. Chill. You are on the internet surrounded by strangers who don't agree with anything you say. Maybe find something else to do?

people should stop lying to me and themselves. making lies

responding with troll questions and falsehoods

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trudeau’s father used to be Prime Minister. Isn’t that good enough of a qualification?

And if you really want to go there, his father could have also been leader of another country too.  

Here's what Pierre Trudeau thought of us:

g4d1EGoFD05pKHYlw9sXbDG3hMaQlZGun69582rUGWI-3784745702.png

Edit:  So what you're saying is, if a doctor had a son, his son wouldn't have to go to Med school because his father's "qualifications" are good enough and you would be okay with him operating on you?

Edited by Heretic

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

IMO you're putting far too much emphasis on party leadership. The electorate doesn't get much say in which Muppet is the face of any party, nor do those leaders have as much unilateral power as people seem to think (if internet vitriol is any indication).

Like @Bob Longsaid, we have systems.

Vote based on party platform/policies and your local candidate. Voting based purely on a given party's leader is about the most ignorant, short sighted thing you can do. Vote in thoughtful, quality local representation to insulate us from what I agree are generally, bad, worse and awful party leaders.

@Heretic, this one's for you too.

Exactly!

Politics has become just a popularity contest.  

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Including Ronald Reagan. He blundered through his final years as President with dementia. Who then was pulling the strings in that Country?

35 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

whenever i come on here, its almost as upsetting when you fuck up your youtube algorithm, getting these vids you really dont want,but your too lazy to fix the issue.

It shouldn't be that upsetting. If the politicians own that much of you it's time to take a break.

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Exactly!

Politics has become just a popularity contest.  

Be the change you wish to see. Don't fall victim to the same "Trudeau vs Pollievre" side show narrative as the pleebs. And try to inform as many of them as will listen. Chances are, the leader of any of the parties will have little to no direct effect on your life unless you're in one of their ridings.

Edited by aGENT