Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Didn't Ezra Levant successfully argue that he was NOT a reporter but a columnist and as such any rebel personalities were also not reporters in order to avoid being sued for slander?

Around 2014 or 2016?

Didn't he then beg Trudeau for media accreditation to be part of the UN coverage only to then go on and argue afterwards that the views of rebel personalities were not news reporting but opinions based on personal beliefs to avoid yet another lawsuit in 2018/2019?

Seriously curious here because there's a lot of grey area as to what is it is not in fact "media" or "reporters" coming from the Rebel 

Finally, is Trudeau really the Boogeyman people claim he is with such wide reaching power that he can simultaneously affect the global economy, destroy Alberta AND have a random no name rcmp security staffer harass and silence a rebel personality staff member while also being so inept he is unable to even tie his own shoes?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Didn't Ezra Levant successfully argue that he was NOT a reporter but a columnist and as such any rebel personalities were also not reporters in order to avoid being sued for slander?

Around 2014 or 2016?

Didn't he then beg Trudeau for media accreditation to be part of the UN coverage only to then go on and argue afterwards that the views of rebel personalities were not news reporting but opinions based on personal beliefs to avoid yet another lawsuit in 2018/2019?

Seriously curious here because there's a lot of grey area as to what is it is not in fact "media" or "reporters" coming from the Rebel 

Finally, is Trudeau really the Boogeyman people claim he is with such wide reaching power that he can simultaneously affect the global economy, destroy Alberta AND have a random no name rcmp security staffer harass and silence a rebel personality staff member while also being so inept he is unable to even tie his own shoes?

Trudeau is just really bad at his job and is using his position to cover up his probable crimes along the way.  

We all know how silver spoon fed people behave having never been told no.

At least he has nice hair and doesn't eat apples.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I keep yammering about it, but it all comes down to Preston Mannings victimhood cult. CPC supporters see themselves as victims, the most down trodden of all Canadians. Its pathetic.

I do some consulting work federally from time to time, so I have this info in a spreadsheet: the Albertan Federal Ridings, 34 of them until recently, contain 13 of the top 32 of all the federal ridings for Median Income. 

For all the rhetoric about how Trudeau and even generically 'Ottawa' hates the west and has been trying to destroy it for generations (literally the two Trudeau's), Alberta seem to be thriving in the very best possible way. 13 of the richest ridings in the country are among the 34 ridings there. Doesn't sound like any harm has come to Alberta at all, financially, when you see it from that perspective. 

28 of the 24 ridings are in the top 100 for Median Income out of all 338 in Canada...

the six that are not in the top 100: you guessed it: Edmonton Center, Edmonton Griesbach both with 67.5 thousand median household income, the worst two in Alberta..

...Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, at 75k median household income and Edmonton Strathcona with 77k..and finally Calgary Forest Lawn with 74k median household income.

The other 28 ridings there enjoy a median income of from 85k to 155k. Fort Mac/Cold Lake is the number one riding in the country for median household income at 156 thousand. 

The idea that Ottawa is out to 'get' Alberta is purely fictional but sells a lot of party memberships in the Prairies where support for the Conservatives usually hovers around 63% year in and year out. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I do some consulting work federally from time to time, so I have this info in a spreadsheet: the Albertan Federal Ridings, 34 of them until recently, contain 13 of the top 32 of all the federal ridings for Median Income. 

For all the rhetoric about how Trudeau and even genericly 'Ottawa' hates the west and has been trying to destroy it for generations (literally the two Trudeau's), Alberta seem to be thriving in the very best possible way. 13 of the richest ridings in the country are among the 34 ridings there. Doesn't sound like any harm has come to Alberta at all, financially, when you see it from that perspective. 

28 of the 24 ridings are in the top 100 for Median Income out of all 338 in Canada...

the six that are not in the top 100: you guessed it: Edmonton Center, Edmonton Griesbach both with 67.5 thousand median household income, the worst two in Alberta..

...Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, at 75k median household income and Edmonton Strathcona with 77k..and finally Calgary Forest Lawn with 74k median household income.

The other 28 ridings there enjoy a median income of from 85k to 155k. Fort Mac/Cold Lake is the number one riding in the country for median household income at 156 thousand. 

The idea that Ottawa is out to 'get' Alberta is purely fictional but sells a lot of party memberships in the Prairies where support for the Conservatives usually hovers around 63% year in and year out. 

Yep it's all bullshit. What Manning did to the western psyche is really terrible.

Edited by Bob Long

4 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

In the words of Canadian icon Alanis Morissette "isn't it ironic, don't ya think"?

Well like her song, it's not ironic at all.

Standing up to Putin is miles different than our equivalent of the Enquirer having a melt down over not getting to push by police.

Actually, if he tried that in Russia he would disappear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Trudeau is just really bad at his job and is using his position to cover up his probable crimes along the way.  

I have to ask, curious, what 'probable crimes' are you suggesting the Prime Minister is covering up? A driveby anonymous smear like that really needs some meat to it don't you think? Please let us know what you are referring to, or if you are just supposing he must be criming because you don't like him. I am guessing that is it. 

36 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

It couldn't get any worse. Pierre is going to need more apples.

20240109_094927.jpg

You're going to have to explain your criticism here, because it isn't as obvious as you seem to think it is....:classic_unsure:

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

You seem capable of only saying one-line zingers and nothing actually intelligent.  Nobody gives a fuck about hair, or apples, or anything.

I can guarantee you that the majority of problems you have with Trudeau either have nothing to do with him as PM or nothing to with the Liberals as the federal government.  Go ahead.  List the problems you have about him.  I don't even like Trudeau and the Liberals that much.  But just try and list some things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

"Blackface" incoming in 4...3...2...1....

The poor reporter that the gestapo was violently beating on was saying it already.

"welcome to blackfaces' Canada!"

Surprised the brave man could get the words out with all the punches he was taking. What is this country coming to? please save us PP.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

Yikes, that's your take here? 

I am not a fan of rebel news or their antics but this is not okay. 

You know how I know? The 'journalist' was released without charges. 

That 'cop' should be fired and his arrests should be looked into in the past. 

Even a judge who was drinking as much as Alf would have thrown that case out of court once they saw the video footage. 

You can hate a person or a News organization all you want but you simply cannot allow the government or the RCMP to take away your rights and act like you are living in a Communist country. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Even a judge who was drinking as much as Alf would have thrown that case out of court once they saw the video footage. 

You can hate a person or a News organization all you want but you simply cannot allow the government or the RCMP to take away your rights and act like you are living in a Communist country. 

Did that happen?

Just now, Satchmo said:

Did that happen?

It was a setup for a fake arrest for a guy they hate. So yes his rights were taken away. I don’t really give a shit about the dude wearing the Fedora looking like John Gotti’s consigliere. However, I do give a shit about government and RCMP overreach. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The poor reporter that the gestapo was violently beating on was saying it already.

"welcome to blackfaces' Canada!"

Surprised the brave man could get the words out with all the punches he was taking. What is this country coming to? please save us PP.

Maybe not initiating contact against a senior citizen for the purpose of arresting him is a good place to start as Canadians. If asking her questions was illegal, arrest him, if it's not maybe the RCMP should behave better.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

It was a setup for a fake arrest for a guy they hate. So yes his rights were taken away. I don’t really give a shit about the dude wearing the Fedora looking like John Gotti’s consigliere. However, I do give a shit about government and RCMP overreach. 

Senior citizen

Just now, 5forFighting said:

Maybe not initiating contact against a senior citizen for the purpose of arresting him is a good place to start as Canadians. If asking her questions was illegal, arrest him, if it's not maybe the RCMP should behave better.

I think who initiated contact is questionable. 

At the moment the police identified themselves the man should have stopped.

They went very easy on him. They even let him go on to do his spiel. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

It might be argued that a policeman overstepped his bounds and that others in the justice system kept it from going any further than that.

It might also be argued that linking the government to all this and comparing it to communist tactics is nothing but bollocks regardless of now much conviction is used to express that idea. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Arrests without charges happen all the time.