Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Here's an example of the circular logic of the Trudeau bashers.....

- "People are losing their homes, because of Justin's insane mortgage rates!"

- "WTF is Justin doing giving everyone free money, just because of a little pandemic!"

Literally, the same people....:picard:

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Here's an example of the circular logic of the Trudeau bashers.....

- "People are losing their homes, because of Justin's insane mortgage rates!"

- "WTF is Justin doing giving everyone free money, just because of a little pandemic!"

Literally, the same people....:picard:

Never mind that their own party also voted to give Canadians said free money....

I honestly am shocked how many people are apparently being fooled by all this nonsense.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind that their own party also voted to give Canadians said free money....

I honestly am shocked how many people are apparently being fooled by all this nonsense.

the dumbing down of right-side politics is sad to see. Skippy is running a master class of garbage politics. 

And yet, the CPC almost certainly will form at least a minority government in 2025. Bullshit works. 

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Maybe folks havent been around much law enforcement.

It's a very hard job.  I have tons of respect for them and quite honestly wonder how they are going to get more much needed recruits with the mircoscope they are under. 

The amount some folks are drumming this up is laughable....'3rd world country stuff" What an absolute joke.

It was a very mild interaction. The 'Rebel' once engaged, was still trying to push past and resisting. Yet, he still got to do his hate slinging right there while on the street. He was treated with kids gloves. 3rd world indeed!

these goofballs fake news people probably try this at every event. You only need 1/100 or even 500 for something to happen to get your inflaming "story."

Very convenient timing too. The Lich trial and the interference inquiry - remember that? - are not generating the outrage Skippy had hoped. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

the dumbing down of right-side politics is sad to see. Skippy is running a master class of garbage politics. 

And yet, the CPC almost certainly will form at least a minority government in 2025. Bullshit works. 

It's sad. I'd hoped Canadians were smarter than this. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

people everywhere love easy answers, its universal. All Skippy has done is bang the drum for years that anything bad in your life is JTs fault, even if its not even bad. Some will stick, he really only needs to shift single digit voter intentions. 

I mean look at the discussion over interest rates. People can't even discuss that rationally. Thats what people like Skippy do, make it impossible to have a meaningful discussion. He does it with every issue. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think we all knew they weren't, but didn't want to admit it...

After all, the three of us are long time CDC/CFF members. The evidence has been right in front of us for years.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

So now the so called insane interest rates are somehow JTs fault. When I bought my first house in 1979 the rate was 12%. I never paid under 8% until after 2008. 

I was paying 18 % in the ‘80s.

IMG_0738.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Wiggums said:

2025 needs to get here ASAP before that worthless sack of human filth does anymore irreversible damage to the country.  He can not conduct himself properly and no civilized country should have someone like him in charge.

His ex-wife knows it.  Imagine being the Prime Minster of Canada and still getting dumped

Imagine being so fragile you need to attack someone's marriage while also still not understanding how our government works.

3 hours ago, Mac said:

The turd is the most corrupt pm this country has ever suffered through. 

It is shocking some here actually think he is doing his job. 

Look at any metric and you will see the turd is destroying this country. Censorship, authoritarianism, highest murder rates in decades, making up laws, costs our of control.

The most corrupt ?  K

his job?  Tell us, what do you think his job is?

Any metric?  Which one shows he has the sole power to have engaged in censorship, making up laws by himself or controlling the costs of day to day living.

No no really.  This should be good.

I am sure asking you two these questions will not just get me labeled a JT supporter or something without actually answering that question 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I can't be bothered to contradict the defending on this thread for the arrest of a reporter. You don't have to approve of Rebel News or like any of their reporters to know that cuffing a reporter as he asks questions of a minister are a threat to free press. This is 3rd world stuff. If the reporter was out of line, which he was not, then step him to the side and let the minister move on. The minister was under no physical threat. Pretty clearly intimidation of a free press. 

Who intimidated them?

Serious question 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

People are losing their homes due to insane interest rates.  
Other folks are even farther away from ever buying a home. 
Price of food, gas, etc are insane.  
It’s as unaffordable to be here as it ever has been. 

I'm glad you pointed out this distinction

It's people.  A lot of people bought stuff they couldn't afford if rates rose after being held to artificially low rates since around 2008/2009

The prices of food has etc are in fact insane, as is rent and housing.  Who dictates these prices though?  Is it the government?  Or is it the corporations who have raked in insane record profits every quarter for 3+ years and individuals charging specific prices for housing?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who intimidated them?

Serious question 

You ask a rhetorical question so I doubt you are serious. The RCMP handcuffed the guy. What message was sent? Was he a threat to the minister? If he was an obstacle then why was he not moved to the side and there is never an issue. I am done on this. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I can't be bothered to contradict the defending on this thread for the arrest of a reporter. You don't have to approve of Rebel News or like any of their reporters to know that cuffing a reporter as he asks questions of a minister are a threat to free press. This is 3rd world stuff. If the reporter was out of line, which he was not, then step him to the side and let the minister move on. The minister was under no physical threat. Pretty clearly intimidation of a free press. 

Did you happen to notice there were no other reporters around? I wonder why that is? Maybe that douche wasn't supposed to be there? 

7 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Did you happen to notice there were no other reporters around? I wonder why that is? Maybe that douche wasn't supposed to be there? 

On a public sidewalk?  

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You ask a rhetorical question so I doubt you are serious. The RCMP handcuffed the guy. What message was sent? Was he a threat to the minister? If he was an obstacle then why was he not moved to the side and there is never an issue. I am done on this. 

People grabbing you when you don't want to be or don't deserved to be grabbed is very unsettling and not cool.  Then forcing your hands behind your back and making you comply, again, not cool.  

And anyone who doesn't see that in this video is blinded by their political bias.   

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

On a public sidewalk?  

People grabbing you when you don't want to be or don't deserved to be grabbed is very unsettling and not cool.  Then forcing your hands behind your back and making you comply, again, not cool.  

And anyone who doesn't see that in this video is blinded by their political bias.   

I can live with this.
Are you prepared to see the political bias in equating one cop’s uncoolness to a third world country or blackface Canada?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

On a public sidewalk?  

how can you blame Trudeau for the actions of one RCMP officer? is there a standing order against Rebel or something?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

So, who intimidated them?  You made the comment I'm just asking for clarification.  No need to say "I'm done with this" and take your ball and go home.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

On a public sidewalk?  

I don't see many here ok with what the cop did. what I do see is a large number asking the same question without answer.

How is one overzealous cop the PMs fault and how is pointing that out political bias

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you have any info/link on that?

I know it was the fear but I heard that it is not happening...

People are doing everything to hold on to their homes. They call it a lock in effect as the market shows signs of stalling.

Good distinction bishop.

Yes, the fear is there and right fully so... tough times, people starting to get behind on payments..

...however..

Canada’s housing agency is warning of a looming “shock” for borrowers renewing their mortgages as a new analysis shows the pain of higher interest rates is starting to put pressure on some homeowners.

70c8fc80

Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. (CMHC) released its biannual report on the country’s residential mortgage market on Thursday.

The analysis shows that more than 290,000 Canadians renewed their mortgages with a chartered bank in the first half of 2023, facing “significantly higher” interest rates and putting “financial pressure” on these borrowers.

Despite the higher debt-servicing costs, CMHC noted that the mortgage delinquency rate in Canada is holding steady at the “historically low” rate of 0.15 per cent.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10082126/mortgage-delinquency-rates-cmhc-nov-2023/#:~:text=An estimated 2.2 million Canadians,country%2C Bourassa-Ochoa wrote.

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

I wonder if people who don't own their own home realize the CONS have never ever, never ever ever in the existence of the Canadian Conservative Movement ever once cared one iota for those without capital. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'm glad you pointed out this distinction

It's people.  A lot of people bought stuff they couldn't afford if rates rose after being held to artificially low rates since around 2008/2009

The prices of food has etc are in fact insane, as is rent and housing.  Who dictates these prices though?  Is it the government?  Or is it the corporations who have raked in insane record profits every quarter for 3+ years and individuals charging specific prices for housing?

and don't forget, those same for profit corporations align mostly with the Conservative Party. The fox is not only making a push to guard the henhouse now, but herding all the chickens towards more foxes, 'for their own good'. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wonder if people who don't own their own home realize the CONS have never ever, never ever ever in the existence of the Canadian Conservative Movement ever once cared one iota for those without capital. 

Voting in PP to try to fix people's personal finances is like amputating a finger to treat a paper cut.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1