Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wonder if people who don't own their own home realize the CONS have never ever, never ever ever in the existence of the Canadian Conservative Movement ever once cared one iota for those without capital. 

But they'll make the anti-woke crowd feel validated, that's worth more than money to them.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Voting in PP to try to fix people's personal finances is like amputating a finger to treat a paper cut.

Agreed, it isn't even about Trudeau at this point, he is merely the best of the three offerings to be Prime Minister. For me it is about keeping Poilievre's fingers out of the cookie jar. Cons have raided the Alberta Investment funds and handed them over the Oilsands, quite literally, at the provincial level.. I shudder to think of what a populist Con government federally will do to us. I don't have enough loob to find out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

But they'll make the anti-woke crowd feel validated, that's worth more than money to them.

I'll never understand why so many people are willing to actively vote against their own best interests, for purely trivial "emotional" reasons. Get ahold of your freaking limbic systems people! Engage those frontal lobes!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The last two pages shows we're doing exactly what Skippy wants. We're not talking about solutions to anything, we're talking about stupid shit. 

..and Rebel News for the win.

They got exactly what they wanted.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

I can easily understand. Not my proudest moment, but I was formerly of the Jordan Peterson self help pipeline. So I sympathize, it's not easy to get out of. A lot of folks start off on the journey of wanting to improve themselves because they lacked that guidance in their youth, at least that was my path. And the Cons and their online personalities really saw that opening and went for it. 

There is a real mental health crisis in the male population today, not discounting the minorities or other genders, but when you're being told that everyone needs attention/help and that you are privileged and your issues are taking a back burner, it builds a resentment that translates to an irrational response. To the point where it's worth acting against yourself just so everyone else can get hurt. (To quote LBJ “If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”).

And it's insidiously tough to spot, like slow boiling a lobster 😅. One minute you're being told that cleaning your room is good for you, the next you're angry at the "cultural marxists" for imposing their values on you. I remember being pissed at Trudeau changing the national anthem back in 2018, to make it gender neutral, you were being primed to be on the lookout for the smallest things that seemed to be an encroachment on traditional values. Ugh. 

And the left aren't helping either by ignoring this, I still remember one of the early moments in my career where the female CTO of the company said in a town hall something to the effect that she was going to make sure every female employee had a chance to advance and that they were the future, while the guys were clapping along, I felt like...what about us? We are allies too, why are we excluded? In hindsight, it's not a big deal to me today, but a lot of folks take the wrong cues from that kind of messaging.

It's tough, and even I'm guilty of this just now, but mocking these guys will only cause them to double down harder. You gotta engage them individually with some recognition and validation of their views and situation (not agreement) and go from there, at least that's how I got out of it. Of course in person is best lol this is an online forum, not expecting miracles here.

Doesn't work for all though, some are just too deep in the hate-algorithm.

interesting, and I am somewhat inclined to agree. When that lunatic rammed the gate at the Governor General's grounds and headed off to hunt Trudeau, who was living in the cottage at the time due to work being done on the P.M.'s official residence, I saw a LOT of white male's tending to think that murderous bastard was doing good things. 

I don't care who is in elected office: you can't impose your will on them down the barrel of a gun: that makes you an insane bad guy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

interesting, and I am somewhat inclined to agree. When that lunatic rammed the gate at the Governor General's grounds and headed off to hunt Trudeau, who was living in the cottage at the time due to work being done on the P.M.'s official residence, I saw a LOT of white male's tending to think that murderous bastard was doing good things. 

I don't care who is in elected office: you can't impose your will on them down the barrel of a gun: that makes you an insane bad guy. 

That would qualify as the too far gone category sadly. in his mind probably, Trudeau was the one imposing 'values' on him. 

Just like the folks always blaming Trudy for everything, there are just as many dismissing everything he does. 
If I left different departments to fail and fuck over my employees, I’d lose my job.  
health canada, bank of Canada, housing market. 
All a mess under his watch.  
Directly his fault?  Maybe not.  
Does the party in charge have a part in it tho?    Yup

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Spur1 said:

So now the so called insane interest rates are somehow JTs fault. When I bought my first house in 1979 the rate was 12%. I never paid under 8% until after 2008. 

Cool dude.  That was 45 years ago.  
The world has changed.  

17 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just like the folks always blaming Trudy for everything, there are just as many dismissing everything he does. 
If I left different departments to fail and fuck over my employees, I’d lose my job.  

This right here. He has had 8 years. It's time for some new blood. If that new blood sucks too, then I'll vote them out as well

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

how can you blame Trudeau for the actions of one RCMP officer? is there a standing order against Rebel or something?

Funny thing is, I saw a story about the "abuse" of this "senior citizen" on the CBC website....

...which struck me as odd, since we all know that nothing gets published on CBC without Justin's okay.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

This right here. He has had 8 years. It's time for some new blood. If that new blood sucks too, then I'll vote them out as well

There are a number of us here that are ready for new blood.  Many of us also believe that PP's blood is just far too cold.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What if we already know the new guy isn't worth giving the job to?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Especially if the 'new' guy has actually been around for 20 plus years, saying all kinds of weird stuff.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gurn said:

Especially if the 'new' guy has actually been around for 20 plus years, saying all kinds of weird stuff.

What I find really strange is that Pierre is a multi millionaire, who didn't inherit anything from his middle class teacher parents yet and has only had one job since school: elected MP in Ottawa. How does one pocket over 5 million while working as a parliamentarian (and Federal Minister in the Harper years) and followup if you believe he isn't a crook: how does the one who manages to do so legally then convince 3 million people who can't afford a house that he is one of them?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

There are a number of us here that are ready for new blood.  Many of us also believe that PP's blood is just far too cold.

10 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This is a huge problem, not just in our country.  
Where do these idiots keep coming from?

How are they the best we have to choose from?

Trump, Trudy, Biden, PP. 

That is 4 of the biggest cunts I’ve ever seen.  And that is all we get to choose from to run North America.  
What a fucking shame.  

I’d be horrified if PP won, but I’d be equally grossed out if Trudy wins again.

Why can’t they all fall down a fucking well and let us start over.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

57 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

The people who are saying that the Trudeau haters blame Trudeau for everything are the same people that keep dismissing and/or defending Trudeau for everything.  It's a vicious cycle.  Luckily the vast majority of Canadians see through the bullshit and don't read CFF...

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

What I find really strange is that Pierre is a multi millionaire, who didn't inherit anything from his middle class teacher parents yet and has only had one job since school: elected MP in Ottawa. How does one pocket over 5 million while working as a parliamentarian (and Federal Minister in the Harper years) and followup if you believe he isn't a crook: how does the one who manages to do so legally then convince 3 million people who can't afford a house that he is one of them?

I haven’t seen a single person on these boards say anything but negative shit about PP.  

I don’t even know why anyone brings him up at this point.  
He is like the big scary boogeyman to liberals for some reason.  
We get it. He is an asshole and no one likes him.    

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Justin Trudeau went from being worth 11 million in 2010 to 97 million in 2023. I could literally say the same

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is a huge problem, not just in our country.  
Where do these idiots keep coming from?

How are they the best we have to choose from?

Trump, Trudy, Biden, PP. 

That is 4 of the biggest cunts I’ve ever seen.  And that is all we get to choose from to run North America.  
What a fucking shame.  

I’d be horrified if PP won, but I’d be equally grossed out if Trudy wins again.

Why can’t they all fall down a fucking well and let us start over.  

I wish we had better offerings to pick from, but I will vote Liberal again as the totallity of the LIberal platform and policy is if not completely superior to the other two parties who 'might' form government, are absolutely the least harmful to the folks who it would matter the most to. Anyone in or above my income bracket, we are all gonna be just fine no matter which of the three is P.M. but anyone below my income bracket better hang on tight if PP comes to power. 
Lowering Taxes for Canadian Workers means cutting services to Canadians who need help. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Justin Trudeau went from being worth 11 million in 2010 to 97 million in 2023. I could literally say the same

He owned and operated businesses and had jobs before he was elected: that portfolio is managed in a blind trust now and earns money with his money, like any investor's would. 

PP literally had nothing before being elected and now has at least 5 million when his ONLY job has been in Parliament. 

For me there is a big difference. 

To borrow a phrase from a giant orange buffoon: Drain the Swamp: Don't Elect lifelong politicians to office. Dump P.P.

• Cheers 1