Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe we should all tone down on the racist and Nazi bs.  

It's always been a lazy and inflammatory way to say 'I don't like your view.' Or worse 'I don't understand you'.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't think Trudeau is racist either. Disparaging CPC leaders is standard on here and in media as well. That is life in a left of center Canada. 

We'll probably never agree on this B, but for me, Pollievre deserves disparaging. The fact that he stood behind the Ottawa blockade crowd ensured that he would never get my vote.

As I have pointed out several times before, if the Conservatives were running someone like Rona, I could vote for her and it wouldn't weigh on my conscience one iota....

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its always fun to point and yell 'hypocrisy' on the internet. I think that why it was invented. 

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Probably...and sarcasm

And here I thought it was for all those newbie programmers to send their "Hello, world" program output to.  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

We'll probably never agree on this B, but for me, Pollievre deserves disparaging. The fact that he stood behind the Ottawa blockade crowd ensured that he would never get my vote.

As I have pointed out several times before, if the Conservatives were running someone like Rona, I could vote for her and it wouldn't weigh on my conscience one iota....

me too, I could easily see an Ambrose government running a very reasonable platform that would be easy to vote for. 

PP just brings out the worst in people.

• Cheers 2

For the record, I don’t think Justin Trudeau is a racist either.  The reason I bring up his blackface is always as a counterpoint to the posters who keep claiming PP is a racist and a Nazi.

Posters? Pretty much one poster AFAIK, not in fact everyone centre-left.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 3

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yep. In fact, I'd bet the mortgage that there are more posters bringing up blackface than there are calling PP a Nazi.....

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I agree.  Me and TAW don’t see eye to eye on some things, but I don’t think he is a racist or said anything in a racist way.

The most important thing in all of this is for people to understand that blackface was racist 30 years ago and it is racist now.  I think that is Miss Korea’s main point.

For the record, I don’t think Justin Trudeau is a racist either.  The reason I bring up his blackface is always as a counterpoint to the posters who keep claiming PP is a racist and a Nazi.

Maybe we should all tone down on the racist and Nazi bs.  It doesn’t help in any discussions on here.  I’ll be the first one to never use those words again in here…

I'll consider it when the cons ditch PP and denazify their party. Until then, PP has shown no sign that he's willing to cut out his bigotry and it's important that people realize just how evil he truly is.  There's no excuse for treating PP with any respect or pretending his racism is acceptable.

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I used to vote PC before the merger with the pity party. I vote Liberal since then because its still the most centre option. 

The CPC base just keeps picking people I can't support, its just that simple. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And here I thought it was for all those newbie programmers to send their "Hello, world" program output to.  :classic_ninja:

Whatever is was , I think we owe a big thank you to Al Gore.

See Jim-Bob...../s

• ThereItIs 1

54 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

No we won't agree on politics. Hockey? Check. I gave my son a mini Stanley Cup to bury with me if the occasion arose. My grand daughters made me a coffee cup with Canuck colours and then added tears. Well I enjoy the cup every morning and have told my son to return the CUP as I now think my Canucks will win a legit CUP before his Oilers.

PP does talk about his platform whether well received or not. Failing that the CPC does have a web site that details their platform. What upsets me the most about politics these days is how top down it has become across all political parties. Party leadership would rather issue positions on social media and poll for opinions than engage with citizens. IMHO that is very dangerous over the long term. As a fiscal conservative I think politicians have to lead which means hard decisions on how money is spent. That isn't happening today.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'll consider it when the cons ditch PP and denazify their party. Until then, PP has shown no sign that he's willing to cut out his bigotry and it's important that people realize just how evil he truly is.  There's no excuse for treating PP with any respect or pretending his racism is acceptable.

Nobody expected you to change your tone around here. But as long as the rest of the group is doing so then at least we can narrow down the rhetoric to one outlier poster. 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

You just love to throw as many buzz words at the wall to see what sticks don't you? You have no idea how absolutely insane you sound. With opinions like this, it's impossible for me to take anything you saye even remotely seriously 

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You just love to throw as many buzz words at the wall to see what sticks don't you? You have no idea how absolutely insane you sound. With opinions like this, it's impossible for me to take anything you saye even remotely seriously 

I can guarantee I am saner than the vermin the Cons think is an acceptable option for PM.  Please explain why you think PP has shown he's capable of acting like civilized human being?

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody expected you to change your tone around here. But as long as the rest of the group is doing so then at least we can narrow down the rhetoric to one outlier poster. 

Ummm... "Narrow it down"?

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Well, many people do see PPs support of things like so-called parents rights as quite bigoted. It's a pretty easy argument to back up, given that whole thing comes out of the US evangelism movement. It doesn't get much more bigoted than those folks.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well, many people do see PPs support of things like so-called parents rights as quite bigoted. It's a pretty easy argument to back up, given that whole thing comes out of the US evangelism movement. It doesn't get much more bigoted than those folks.

This is where we're at in 2024 due to far left liberal progressiveness

Something known as "parents rights" is now classified as bigoted.

Schools don't even refer to students as "girls" or "boys" anymore and children are allowed to pump themselves full of hormones without consent.  

No insane person who thinks this is okay will ever get my vote 

Edited by Wiggums
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Like that's just your opinion man? I don't believe for a second that anything he has said is bigoted at all.

“If I were to create a political party from scratch, it would be called the ‘mind your own damn business party.’ People can make the decisions of who they marry, who they date, how they live their lives, but also how they raise their kids,” said Poilievre, who said that was roughly the Liberal party’s point of view 25 years ago.

“That’s why my role as a prime minister, is not going to be to impose my values on other people. It’s to get out of their faces and run a competent government,” said Poilievre.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/poilievre-doubles-down-on-parental-rights-pitches-disaffected-ndpers-in-rex-murphys-year-end-national-post-interview

Parents have a right to know what's going on in their child's classroom. That doesn't mean I agree with the extremists who think anything trans related needs to be gone. Just parents have a right to a say

12 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Like that's just your opinion man? I don't believe for a second that anything he has said is bigoted at all.

“If I were to create a political party from scratch, it would be called the ‘mind your own damn business party.’ People can make the decisions of who they marry, who they date, how they live their lives, but also how they raise their kids,” said Poilievre, who said that was roughly the Liberal party’s point of view 25 years ago.

“That’s why my role as a prime minister, is not going to be to impose my values on other people. It’s to get out of their faces and run a competent government,” said Poilievre.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/poilievre-doubles-down-on-parental-rights-pitches-disaffected-ndpers-in-rex-murphys-year-end-national-post-interview

But that's not what he does in practice 

12 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Parents have a right to know what's going on in their child's classroom. That doesn't mean I agree with the extremists who think anything trans related needs to be gone. Just parents have a right to a say

No that's the bs fear part. He's just going to hurt kids .

20 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

This is where we're at in 2024 due to far left liberal progressiveness

Something known as "parents rights" is now classified as bigoted.

Schools don't even refer to students as "girls" or "boys" anymore and children are allowed to pump themselves full of hormones without consent.  

No insane person who thinks this is okay will ever get my vote 

If you would like I can show you where this all comes from.