Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Minor children are under the control of their parents until they are 18. Until such time as they are adults the parents absolutely have the right to know what they are being taught at school. And the parents are the ones who will make the big decisions for their kids, not some teacher at school who may have some political agenda. 

Teachers need to teach. You know like math and science. Parents need to parent. 

Children are NOT cattle and a mere possession

The radicalized right wants parental rights without parental responsibility.

I have no issue with parents who want to be involved. What I have issue with is a radicalized group demanding.their religious views be forced on all.of us against our rights.

How about keeping the religion in your YOUR church and out of OUR schools 🙂

With patental.rights they should then hold parents 100% responsible both civil and criminal for all actions of their children as after all it is the parent neglecting to teach their own not to bully others etc ....

simply put .... I dont want others religion forced on me and nor do I want my grandkids groomed by religion as to whom to hate and who can be loved 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Still clearly wasn't used as an ethnic slur which is all that matters.  I've never heard a single person use that term anywhere anyways.

Do you like hormone treatment for children and no more boys and girls?  Weren't you always going of about certain people not acting like "real men"?  You know, you can't say that anymore without being called a bigot

I have absolutely no issue with hormone treatment under medical supervision and believe that's a conversation to be had between the individual and their doctor.

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Minor children are under the control of their parents until they are 18. Until such time as they are adults the parents absolutely have the right to know what they are being taught at school. And the parents are the ones who will make the big decisions for their kids, not some teacher at school who may have some political agenda. 

Teachers need the freedom to teach too. 

One doesn’t always agree about what one is taught.

There’s something to learn about that for us all. 

I’m not here to teach. Just wanted to preach. 

8 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Children are NOT cattle and a mere possession

The radicalized right wants parental rights without parental responsibility.

I have no issue with parents who want to be involved. What I have issue with is a radicalized group demanding.their religious views be forced on all.of us against our rights.

How about keeping the religion in your YOUR church and out of OUR schools 🙂

With patental.rights they should then hold parents 100% responsible both civil and criminal for all actions of their children as after all it is the parent neglecting to teach their own not to bully others etc ....

simply put .... I dont want others religion forced on me and nor do I want my grandkids groomed by religion as to whom to hate and who can be loved 

Ownership without responsibility. 

• ThereItIs 1

The whole trans thing in schools is totally overblown bs. I mean really, how many kids are there that are transgender. I would bet a lot of schools don’t have any. Gay kids sure, there has always been a small percentage of them. 

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

This is where we're at in 2024 due to far left liberal progressiveness

Something known as "parents rights" is now classified as bigoted.

Schools don't even refer to students as "girls" or "boys" anymore and children are allowed to pump themselves full of hormones without consent.  

No insane person who thinks this is okay will ever get my vote 

No one is handing out hormones to any kid who wants them just like no one is handing out fentanyl to any kid who wants it. This is fear mongering bullshit and requires absolutely zero critical thinking. Gender affirming care is medical care done through doctors and counsellors who have the best interest of the child in mind. That's all you need to know. Not a doctor, stfu.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I have absolutely no issue with hormone treatment under medical supervision and believe that's a conversation to be had between the individual and their doctor.

Yes, forget the parents.  Let the mature 14 year old and random doctor decide amongst themselves.  Again, brilliant 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

The whole trans thing in schools is totally overblown bs. I mean really, how many kids are there that are transgender. I would bet a lot of schools don’t have any. Gay kids sure, there has always been a small percentage of them. 

Too add to this it seems that the religious right wingnuts are afraid of school turning their children gay as if it is a choice to be gay. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

1.  Something known as "parents rights" is now classified as bigoted.

2.  Schools don't even refer to students as "girls" or "boys" anymore and children are allowed to pump themselves full of hormones without consent.  

1.  Bullshit.  Parents rights supercede all along as the child's safety and well being are secure.  So stop lying.

2.  Bullshit.  No Dr is EVER going to prescribe hormone treatment therapy without serious parental intervention or approval.

This is the issue with your camp.  You'll lie out of your ass to justify your position and it's actually kind of gross because what you'll lie about are basic human rights

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Yes, forget the parents.  Let the mature 14 year old and random doctor decide amongst themselves.  Again, brilliant 

I'll trust a doctor with a medical degree over transphobic parents.  If the parents are bigoted enough to be putting up that much protest, the children should be removed from their custody for their own safety.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

We are living in a clown world when people actually believe teachers should be able to influence children more than their own parents.

Keep this sogi crap out of schools and actually teach children STEM (science, tech, engineering, math). 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Context is pretty important here. Yea I am fine with the way he used it in this context. The dude he said it to is white? What are you even trying to argue here? Do you know what the word means?

53 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Okay... Context?

He's actually so not racist he never even knew the second meaning of it.  Actually helps his case if anything

53 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Was he talking to a black person? AGAIN... Context...

46 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Okay but so he didn't know about the term, didn't use it in that sense whatsoever but he's still a racist?  That's what this conversation is about

Ok so.

This is not racist and you guys can drop it and stop pretending it is right?  "Context" and all.

pm-trudeau-090.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

1.  Bullshit.  Parents rights supercede all along as the child's safety and well being are secure.  So stop lying.

2.  Bullshit.  No Dr is EVER going to prescribe hormone treatment therapy without serious parental intervention or approval.

This is the issue with your camp.  You'll lie out of your ass to justify your position and it's actually kind of gross because what you'll lie about are basic human rights

Excuse me?  Maybe you should educate yourself

Just now, Warhippy said:

Ok so.

This is not racist and you guys can drop it and stop pretending it is right?  "Context" and all.

pm-trudeau-090.jpg

None of us actually think this is racist lol

It's just funny seeing libs label everything as racist so we bring up the ol' Trudeau blackface every now and then for shits and gigs

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Except of course that many parents aren't even parenting anymore and are using schools as day care centers and only take serious or significant interest in their kids education when there's something to be offended about

Just want to poj t out.  Much of this is literally about child safety.  The issue so many of you in your camp Miss.

Tell me.  If a child who is confused is too scared to speak to a parent about that confusion and instead turns to someone like a teacher they feel they can trust over their parents.

What exactly does that say about that parent or their parenting?

Kind of something y'all refuse to think about.  But that's kind of synonymous with your camp so whatever 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Excuse me?  Maybe you should educate yourself

I have two teenage daughters in high school and middle school as well as a Dr and nurse in my family.

It's bullshit.  If you don't like it maybe you should educate me.  If you can't maybe you should grow up and stop thinking about the genitals of children so frequently 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

None of us actually think this is racist lol

It's just funny seeing libs label everything as racist so we bring up the ol' Trudeau blackface every now and then for shits and gigs

Sure y'all do.  It's been stated about a thousand times in this and the old CDC threads.

But revisionist history is something y'all do pretty well.  So carry on

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ok so.

pm-trudeau-090.jpg

Hur de dur de, you literally can go back a few pages to see that I said I don't believe he is racist just a moron. So what's your point?

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

We are living in a clown world when people actually believe teachers should be able to influence children more than their own parents.

Keep this sogi crap out of schools and actually teach children STEM (science, tech, engineering, math). 

Cheers are not enough.   I had to respond just to emphasize my surprise and delight in being able to agree with you on something.  🙂

I do have to say that art, literature, music, and history are also still very important. 

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Hur de dur de, you literally can go back a few pages to see that I said I don't believe he is racist just a moron. So what's your point?

The point is your camp trots out that chestnut every chance they get.  Or they bring up a story that has been laid to rest about him assaulting some woman.

Your camp dredges up the past then tells at others for brining up the past history of Pierre because "that's in the past he's not the pm or his party isn't in power anymore" and I love pointing out hypocrisy

If Trudeaus past is fair game so is the voting history of the potential future PM of our nation.  Fair is fair no?

14 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Doesn't happen.

Can't prove it.

Rinse and repeat though.

Afterwards, bring up kids pretending to be cats and pooping in litter boxes.  I love that one from your camp

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1