Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Let’s move on.

No point milking the tree’s teat when it’s ran out of orange juice. 

Or something like that. 

That's where orange juice comes from....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

K  Last time.  I don't care about any article that's been posted, like okay I posted a.shit article, ya got me, sure. 

Once again you're just butting in, reading into things and acting emotionally. 

Literally the only point I've been trying to make the whole time is that you don't need a parent's consent to get the blockers..  why is this so difficult?  Absolute madness

A child does not need parental consent to get medical treatment here in Canada.  If they are deemed "capable" and understand the need, the process, and of course the consequences (of both getting the treatment or NOT getting it), then yes.  That has been the law in BC for years. 

But without parental consent, it's hard as fuck.  It must get approved by a medical board.  It must be approved by a child welfare officer. 

Beyond that, do you understand how hard is it to get proper medical treatment here in Canada?  Would you describe our health care system as... fast and efficient?  Isn't everyone here on some kind of of 5-year wait list for the appropriate medical treatment we want/need?

41 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Funny you should say that. I know a gay man who just came out as trans. It seemed to be a big deal to them that they worried over how people would react.

She wanted to be a girl but not wait in long bathroom lineups at venues. 

Win-win for them. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again incorrect

Consent is not the wheelhouse of JUST the parents.

As noted in the law I posted, a medical professional must be present for the initial examination and approve this ONLY after the government seems the child in question a "mature minor" and even then the child in question must pass an extreme medical and mental health screening to be considered mature enough to begins therapy with drugs/hormones.

So while at the most extreme end of things you can make that claim, it isn't true to the actual process at all.

I never said they didn't need doctor or government consent... Literally all I said was the child doesn't need their parents consent.. why is this so painfully hard?

Let's make this easy.

Does a child need a parent's consent to take hormone blockers.  Yes or no?

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

A child does not need parental consent to get medical treatment here in Canada.  If they are deemed "capable" and understand the need, the process, and of course the consequences (of both getting the treatment or NOT getting it), then yes.  That has been the law in BC for years. 

But without parental consent, it's hard as fuck.  It must get approved by a medical board.  It must be approved by a child welfare officer. 

Beyond that, do you understand how hard is it to get proper medical treatment here in Canada?  Would you describe our health care system as... fast and efficient?  Isn't everyone here on some kind of of 5-year wait list for the appropriate medical treatment we want/need?

Thank yoouu finnallyyyyy

Just now, aGENT said:

Exactly. That's literally all SOGI is about. Supporting kids in a safe environment to safely explore who they are while encouraging acceptance/minimizing bullying for everyone regardless of their sex, race, gender, gender identity, sexual preferences etc.

How horrifying! 🙄

Saw in the news (before Christmas) there were people protesting SOGI outside some schools. What kind of a sick bastard protests outside a school for one? And then add to that protesting against children who are in those SOGI things?  Old Alf don’t get that stuff. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Who said I was speaking for everyone?  And why are you posting a Wikipedia page about Hitler in reference to my post? 

This you? Oh, and it was a jews for hitler page, not a hitler page.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also, LGBTQ covers a wide variety of situations. Being gay and being trans are two completely different situations. I know lots of gay people who don’t support the trans community. They are not always all lumped together. 

So who exactly are you referring to?  Are you referring to a gay child who has not come out or are you referring to a trans child who wants to change their gender? 

Story changed a little, no?

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I actually got involved and started taking my clothes off. Wasn’t even drunk as I don’t drink.

My gay friends like “men”. That’s why they are gay.  Doesn’t mean they don’t support the trans community. They just aren’t interested in it. 

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You start at Major.....then you can go to video review and downgrade it to Minor, if necessary....

Kids are certainly major in one’s life, and then they’re minor. 

It’s an inverse progression I reckon. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But the fear mongers make it sound like its as easy as ordering a pizza. 

I'll have you know that ordering a pizza isn't necessarily easy.  I had my order cancelled on me because i wasn't able to go pick it up and they "don't have a delivery guy available".  :picard:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

K  Last time.  I don't care about any article that's been posted, like okay I posted a.shit article, ya got me, sure. 

Once again you're just butting in, reading into things and acting emotionally. 

Literally the only point I've been trying to make the whole time is that you don't need a parent's consent to get the blockers..  why is this so difficult?  Absolute madness

I've found in the past that most points will be ignored and people tend to focus solely on the weakest part of the argument.

Happened last time I tried discussing this topic. Hard to get an honest conversation going.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Saw in the news (before Christmas) there were people protesting SOGI outside some schools. What kind of a sick bastard protests outside a school for one? And then add to that protesting against children who are in those SOGI things?  Old Alf don’t get that stuff. 

Kindness, understanding and acceptance?! We don't need that crap in our schools!!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I've found in the past that most points will be ignored and people tend to focus solely on the weakest part of the argument.

Happened last time I tried discussing this topic. Hard to get an honest conversation going.

Just bear in mind you are responding to someone who ignored most of the problems with the article and focused solely on the weakest part of that article's argument.

Spreading misinformation is not a small problem today.

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I've found that to be true as well.   That or people fixate on a few words in a paragraph full of words.  Could that be considered a non partisan approach?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Walk in clinics will inject your kids with trans hormones. 

Stick to the ER where they’ll get the tried and tested gay hormones. 

image.gif.1752d5d6806ab913f8f2fc3afd96c331.gif

As a mod, you are not making this thread easier for me 😂

How far can Jimmy go? No one knows.

• Tank 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Where the hell were you in 1996

Screenshot_20240112_162254_Drive.thumb.jpg.5d536854e6abd7bfa7462f126c0307c2.jpg

Jesus H Christ.  I've been talking about consent for hormone blockers

Don't ever butt in and respond to me again.  This is the most painful conversation I've ever experienced.   

Time to get drunk

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'll have you know that ordering a pizza isn't necessarily easy.  I had my order cancelled on me because i wasn't able to go pick it up and they "don't have a delivery guy available".  :picard:

Probably doing trans stuff. 

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Jesus H Christ.  I've been talking about consent for hormone blockers

Don't ever butt in and respond to me again.  This is the most painful conversation I've ever experienced.   

Time to get drunk

Hormone blockers isn't medical treatment?  Then why the fuck do they have to talk to doctors and medical professionals?  WTF?

• ThereItIs 1