Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yes vote conversative.   Live in a gated community so the crack heads can't  snoop at night in your yard.       

Maybe hire a  24 security firm to drive by your place.   Send your kids to an exclusive private school.  Pay for private medical procedures....

Great world. 

Yes cause the liberals sure have improved that in the last 8 years. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Yes cause the liberals sure have improved that in the last 8 years. 

Devils advocate here.

Every single year under the former government, things also got worse; more expensive and harder to obtain.

Things do not ever get less expensive.  Things are worse now than under the former government.  Things under the former government are worse than under the government before them.  Which was better than under the former.  And so on.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Devils advocate here.

Every single year under the former government, things also got worse; more expensive and harder to obtain.

Things do not ever get less expensive.  Things are worse now than under the former government.  Things under the former government are worse than under the government before them.  Which was better than under the former.  And so on.

Which is why voting for more social spending is useless 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I feel like I’m going in circles here but where is the help? 

For instance.  I've been selling honey and produce at the farmers market for 20 years.  In the last few years there's been a coupon program, funded by the province, where low income families are given farmers market vouchers for produce.  It's been successful, but only a smaller portion of our sales have come from that.  

This year, they expanded that program and now close to 60% of our sales come from those vouchers........because so many families can't afford fresh produce when they grocery shop.  Now, thanks to this social program, kids and their families are getting healthier diets.

That's one small example of why social programs are so critical 

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Hahah, you couldn’t handle the liability I carry. I do “specialized” work. There are only a few people in NA that have my credentials. I charge whatever I want. 

good for you, Canada needs more earners. But I'd argue Canada's social safety net helped you get there with access to healthcare and education. So thats what the current Lib-NDP coalition is keeping in place. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

good for you, Canada needs more earners. But I'd argue Canada's social safety net helped you get there with access to healthcare and education. So thats what the current Lib-NDP coalition is keeping in place. 

And even if the cons manage to win enough seats to fotm a govt, I seriously doubt they'd get a majority and that would still leave the balance of power with a Lib/NDP coalition 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yeah so by his own words he has worked in the US since 2010 and in Texas presently so he is not really contributing to Canada....

Feels like he is moaning in the wrong thread. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

For instance.  I've been selling honey and produce at the farmers market for 20 years.  In the last few years there's been a coupon program, funded by the province, where low income families are given farmers market vouchers for produce.  It's been successful, but only a smaller portion of our sales have come from that.  

This year, they expanded that program and now close to 60% of our sales come from those vouchers........because so many families can't afford fresh produce when they grocery shop.  Now, thanks to this social program, kids and their families are getting healthier diets.

That's one small example of why social programs are so critical 

everyone is acting like the CPC is going to convert Canada  into a libertarian society. The cycle roughly goes. Left, spend on social programs, Right, tighten the budget and so on. It’s time to tighten it up. You’re most likely not going to see a CPC government big enough to outvote the liberal and NDP so I don’t understand why everyone is so worried. 

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Yeah so by his own words he has worked in the US since 2010 and in Texas presently so he is not really contributing to Canada....

Feels like he is moaning in the wrong thread. 

No, I pay full Canadian taxes. I’d have to surrender my citizenship 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Well for someone so smart economically you sure do not understand non residency. 

Canada ain't the US where it is taxed by citizenship. Canada tax by residency. So no you don't have to give up your Canadian citizenship to got get taxed in Canada if working and living abroad. 

Edited by 24K

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It's possible that he'd need to file Canadian income tax if he spends more than a half year (or specifically, 183 days) in Canada.

Just now, LaBamba said:

Sorry residency is the word I meant. Settle down bro 

Well clear the record.

It's possible that he'd need to file Canadian income tax if he spends more than a half year (or specifically, 183 days) in Canada.

It’s complicated, my visa is the exchange of technical knowledge. I only get taxed in Canada. I get taxed in the US if I own property here. It’s weird. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

It’s complicated, my visa is the exchange of technical knowledge. I only get taxed in Canada. I get taxed in the US if I own property here. It’s weird. 

I'm guessing it's probably because you hold a "factual resident" status in Canada.  But it's just a guess on my part.  I'm not a tax accountant (IANATA).  😝

I'm guessing it's probably because you hold a "factual resident" status in Canada.  But it's just a guess on my part.  I'm not a tax accountant (IANATA).  😝

You don’t F around with the CRA, they’ll sell your kids on the black market if they have to lol. 

On 9/20/2023 at 5:21 PM, stawns said:

And you know this how?  I've never seen a single adult in schools ever encourage a student to pursue any medical treatment (outside of first aid), let alone behind parents back.

You are the victim of grifters and con men, sorry to say

My cousin changed her profile pic to the one you see floating around.. no place for hate.. my response to a few of the anti trans folks there was that these same people doing these protests are the same morons that brought us the Anti Vax movement.  The same ones that rallied for body autonomy, my body my choice are now telling others what can be done to their own children and what can’t.  Hypocrisy at its best.  Not to mention the fact nobody is actually trying to indoctrinate children, just to teach them to be tolerant and accept others. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

As long as it's not my left nut... or my right nut for that matter... :classic_ninja:

I’m not going to come out of the boards here with the puck. I get a little carried away. Nobody remembers the bipartisan things that I say. There are many things I like from both sides of the spectrum which is why I feel the CPC needs more representation in parliament so we are all covered. I could easily move down here but I don’t because Canada is better overall. I see what these poor bastards pay for healthcare. I understand the importance of taking care of each other. I just get concerned when we get crazy with the spending. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Thats weird. I have CDN friends in middle east.  Oil industry.   They sold house in Canada. Live in middle east.   Pay no CDN income taxes....    

They kept their CDN ciitiizenship.    hmm......   

Just now, moosehead said:

Thats weird. I have CDN friends in middle east.  Oil industry.   They sold house in Canada. Live in middle east.   Pay no CDN income taxes....    

They kept their CDN ciitiizenship.    hmm......   

ya I messed up my wording, sorry bro. My bad