Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Canadian police...posts a childish twitter account with 72 followers named terry from alberta with an image of trudeau in it.

crazy...or expected?

Clown world has 2.2 million followers on X.

I think they are from the States but notice Canada's mass formation psychosis and post on it.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

define mass formation psychosis

Mass Formation Psychosis represents a situation where mob influence can leave an individual with disturbed thoughts and perceptions and unable to fully distinguish what's real from whats not. The people that stormed the state house had as well as the BLM precinct and church burnings.

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Mass Formation Psychosis represents a situation where mob influence can leave an individual with disturbed thoughts and perceptions and unable to fully distinguish what's real from whats not. The people that stormed the state house had as well as the BLM precinct and church burnings.

Ahhh.

Gotcha.  

Really wanted you to clarify that for me before reminding you of this.

image.thumb.png.3f3eab424cf291081ba714af00f31410.png

image.thumb.png.ee75d49e702c2dd8d04869e129ea07ae.png

image.thumb.png.8c36bf3f315a6a2e2c6ac781c62e7799.png

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

there's no such term in science.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 112 said:

there's no such term in science.

There kind of is.  A guy named malone said it on the joe rogan show about people's acceptance about the covid vaccine and their willingness to take it.  He is about the only person to have said it or used it but it has been said.  To be fair Malone, while a medical professional is not and has not been accepted in the circles of mental health or psychological studies as this person was a medical researcher of 

Ironically, what he said and described actually almost perfectly exemplifies and describes the rise of extremists, trumpism and current right wing fanaticism around gender related issue, owning the libs and just generally being lead by worthless ill mannered douche bags with no actual desire to lead or be positive role models in their offices.

You tell me about mass formation psychosis or what is better known as mass psychogenic illness and who it applies to.

“Mass formation” suggests it is a large-scale event. Much like “mob psychology,” a pop psychology term to describe the behavior of crowds in specific, limited-time environments. Mass formation isn’t a term typically used in psychology or sociology today.

The answer is mass formation psychosis.”

“When you have a society that has become decoupled from each other and has free-floating anxiety in a sense that things don’t make sense, we can’t understand it, and then their attention gets focused by a leader or series of events on one small point just like hypnosis, they literally become hypnotized and can be led anywhere.”

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI) — also known as mass hysteria or mass delusion — has a very mixed record in the psychological research. Most studies that have been conducted are retrospective in nature. That means the researchers offer “mass psychogenic illness” as a possible explanation for symptoms shared by a group of people only after the fact.

Those groups of people examined are usually confined to a specific environment and limited period of time. For instance, one study suggested it as a possible explanation for the symptoms experienced by American embassy workers in Cuba who came down with physical ailments and auditory problems (Bartholomew & Perez, 2018).

This is how MPI is described by researchers:

There are two main types of MPI. The most common in Western countries (anxiety hysteria) is triggered by extreme, sudden stress within a close-knit group. It is usually triggered by a foul or unfamiliar odour that is perceived to be harmful. Symptoms are transient, benign and typically include dizziness, headache, fainting and over-breathing. Most victims recover within 24 hours and there is an absence of pre-existing tension within the group. A second type (motor hysteria) arises from long-term anxiety and features motor agitation. Common symptoms include twitching, shaking, trouble walking, uncontrollable laughing and weeping, communication difficulties and trance states. Symptoms appear slowly over weeks or months under exposure to longstanding stress, and typically take weeks or months to subside, after the stress has been reduced or eliminated

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I think they are from the States but notice Canada's mass formation psychosis and post on it.

2.2 million is not a lot really.  That's one hell of a minority.    I bet they all only buy the toothpaste that one out of ten dentists recommends.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

There kind of is.  A guy named malone said it on the joe rogan show about people's acceptance about the covid vaccine and their willingness to take it.  He is about the only person to have said it or used it but it has been said.  To be fair Malone, while a medical professional is not and has not been accepted in the circles of mental health or psychological studies as this person was a medical researcher of 

Ironically, what he said and described actually almost perfectly exemplifies and describes the rise of extremists, trumpism and current right wing fanaticism around gender related issue, owning the libs and just generally being lead by worthless ill mannered douche bags with no actual desire to lead or be positive role models in their offices.

You tell me about mass formation psychosis or what is better known as mass psychogenic illness and who it applies to.

“Mass formation” suggests it is a large-scale event. Much like “mob psychology,” a pop psychology term to describe the behavior of crowds in specific, limited-time environments. Mass formation isn’t a term typically used in psychology or sociology today.

The answer is mass formation psychosis.”

“When you have a society that has become decoupled from each other and has free-floating anxiety in a sense that things don’t make sense, we can’t understand it, and then their attention gets focused by a leader or series of events on one small point just like hypnosis, they literally become hypnotized and can be led anywhere.”

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI) — also known as mass hysteria or mass delusion — has a very mixed record in the psychological research. Most studies that have been conducted are retrospective in nature. That means the researchers offer “mass psychogenic illness” as a possible explanation for symptoms shared by a group of people only after the fact.

Those groups of people examined are usually confined to a specific environment and limited period of time. For instance, one study suggested it as a possible explanation for the symptoms experienced by American embassy workers in Cuba who came down with physical ailments and auditory problems (Bartholomew & Perez, 2018).

This is how MPI is described by researchers:

There are two main types of MPI. The most common in Western countries (anxiety hysteria) is triggered by extreme, sudden stress within a close-knit group. It is usually triggered by a foul or unfamiliar odour that is perceived to be harmful. Symptoms are transient, benign and typically include dizziness, headache, fainting and over-breathing. Most victims recover within 24 hours and there is an absence of pre-existing tension within the group. A second type (motor hysteria) arises from long-term anxiety and features motor agitation. Common symptoms include twitching, shaking, trouble walking, uncontrollable laughing and weeping, communication difficulties and trance states. Symptoms appear slowly over weeks or months under exposure to longstanding stress, and typically take weeks or months to subside, after the stress has been reduced or eliminated

Oddly enough, sounds a lot like organized religion.  Especially ones prominent in western society.  :hurhur:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Oh, Jesus.  Not again.  Every fucking time.

Tell American media to fuck right off.  It's only ever American media that right wing supporters post.

For real - keep American news sources off this thread.  Have some goddamn pride for once.

20 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

For real - keep American news sources off this thread.  Have some goddamn pride for once.

I get the sentiment, somewhat, it is said that the most Canadian thing about Canada that separates us from the US is our vehement distaste for the US and our constant denial that we are an extension of them. 

Oddly enough though, in a lot of ways that matter, we are somewhat an extension of them. Working for CFIOG and the CSE at one point in my career, our very Canadian chain of command was subordinate to the NSA's upper echelon, looking at defence from a five eyes perspective. I suppose that is why 'Canada played a limited role' in the UK/US joint attacks on the Houthi's. I think our role was intel and signals intelligence in particular, although I have a couple friends in Riyadh at the moment on account of world events who are 100% Canadian so perhaps we are playing a slightly larger role than I imagine.

Just because a discredited American doctor appeared on a podcast and invented a catchy phrase to promote his crackpot theories, it does not make it a scientific term.

Robert Malone called the Covid vaccines "dangerous", claiming that they could make Covid infections worse,(despite having taken the Moderna) promoted the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine and linked athlete deaths to the vaccines.

The term mass formation psychosis is not found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, is not based on factual medical information, and is described by Steve Reicher, a professor of social psychology at the University of St Andrews, as "more metaphor than science, more ideology than fact."[47] 270 physicians, scientists, academics, nurses and students wrote an open letter to Spotify complaining about the content of the podcast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Just because a discredited American doctor appeared on a podcast and invented a catchy phrase to promote his crackpot theories, it does not make it a scientific term.

Robert Malone called the Covid vaccines "dangerous", claiming that they could make Covid infections worse,(despite having taken the Moderna) promoted the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine and linked athlete deaths to the vaccines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

It's still kind of fascinating to me that some people would be drawn to this over Canadian public health officials.

Does it really just boil down to people being dumb? 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's still kind of fascinating to me that some people would be drawn to this over Canadian public health officials.

Does it really just boil down to people being dumb? 

I've read about it in a few places....people love the feeling of being in on a big secret that the general public isn't aware of. It makes them feel smarter than the "sheeple". (even though the reality is that they're the exact opposite)

It's one of the big reasons that there are so many conspiracy theories out there and why they're so popular.....the truth is just too boring....

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I've read about it in a few places....people love the feeling of being in on a big secret that the general public isn't aware of. It makes them feel smarter than the "sheeple". (even though the reality is that they're the exact opposite)

It's one of the big reasons that there are so many conspiracy theories out there and why they're so popular.....the truth is just too boring....

I also think there's an underlying idea that if things go bad the system will look after them. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I also think there's an underlying idea that if things go bad the system will look after them. 

'eff you dad, i am out of here!" ~ every 18 year old ever

"mom, dad, i dropped out of college and lost my pizza driver job, can i move back in?" ~same kid five years later

• ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

'eff you dad, i am out of here!" ~ every 18 year old ever

"mom, dad, i dropped out of college and lost my pizza driver job, can i move back in?" ~same kid five years later

I've met a lot of adults that still have kid brains. Maybe this is part of it?

8 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Oh, Jesus.  Not again.  Every fucking time.

Tell American media to fuck right off.  It's only ever American media that right wing supporters post.

I can't. All Canadian news advocates for the liberal government. The only one that didn't is Rebel news and they just arrested David Menzies for asking Christiana Freeland a question she didn't like. Watching CBC doesn't make you more Canadian.

Edited by Rob Eh
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I notice that in Canada, those that yell the loudest are 1st generation Canadians. Wheres your red cape? 

I have noticed that some of the things some people notice are not really noticeable.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I can't. All Canadian news advocates for the liberal government. The only one that didn't is Rebel news and they just arrested David Menzies for asking Christiana Freeland a question she didn't like. Watching CBC doesn't make you more Canadian, it makes you more of a dough head.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/far-right-website-rebel-media-removed-from-conservative-campaign-stop-by-police/article_7ae3186b-2de6-5149-8106-b205b78113fe.html

Tell me again why Menzies keeps getting arrested.

29 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I can't. All Canadian news advocates for the liberal government. The only one that didn't is Rebel news and they just arrested David Menzies for asking Christiana Freeland a question she didn't like. Watching CBC doesn't make you more Canadian, it makes you more of a dough head.

It's a conspiracy Rob.   Freeland, the CBC, Adobe, and the CFF mods are all in this together.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1