Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I think it is common knowledge around the political forums that I am one of them Laurentian "elites" inside the Liberal party, and i can tell you from our perspective we can't figure out why the CBC loves P.P. and the Con Men so much. 

i guess it means they are doing something right if both of the major parties think the CBC is out to get them. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I can't. All Canadian news advocates for the liberal government. The only one that didn't is Rebel news and they just arrested David Menzies for asking Christiana Freeland a question she didn't like. Watching CBC doesn't make you more Canadian, it makes you more of a dough head.

All Canadian news shills for the Liberals?  K.  Care to try to prove that?

Who exactly arrested the individual (not reporter) for the rebel?  

48 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I notice that in Canada, those that yell the loudest are 1st generation Canadians. Wheres your red cape? 

Funny, in my experience it's people that consider themselves old stock that have the most entitled attitudes.

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I can't. All Canadian news advocates for the liberal government. The only one that didn't is Rebel news and they just arrested David Menzies for asking Christiana Freeland a question she didn't like. Watching CBC doesn't make you more Canadian, it makes you more of a dough head.

Just buy a subscription to national post or the sun if you want your daily dose of Trudeau blaming. That's very far from the truth. Trudeau is getting slammed a lot nowadays.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/raymond-j-de-souza-the-meaning-of-justin-trudeaus-petty-falsehoods

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/trudeau-ignored-warnings-on-immigration-now-you-pay-the-price

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/trudeau-feels-your-pain-while-lounging-in-the-lap-of-luxury

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-year-same-problems-same-inept-leadership-from-justin-trudeau

This just reminds me of Ben Shapiro's infamous interview with Andrew Neil where he accused the most conservative and respected BBC anchor of being a leftist. Guess they aren't calling Trudeau a communist hard enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Funny, in my experience it's people that consider themselves old stock that have the most entitled attitudes.

How dare people get politically involved in the country their parents chose to live in to provide them with a better life?

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

Just buy a subscription to national post or the sun if you want your daily dose of Trudeau blaming. That's very far from the truth. Trudeau is getting slammed a lot nowadays.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/raymond-j-de-souza-the-meaning-of-justin-trudeaus-petty-falsehoods

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/trudeau-ignored-warnings-on-immigration-now-you-pay-the-price

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/trudeau-feels-your-pain-while-lounging-in-the-lap-of-luxury

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-year-same-problems-same-inept-leadership-from-justin-trudeau

This just reminds me of Ben Shapiro's infamous interview with Andrew Neil where he accused the most conservative and respected BBC anchor of being a leftist. Guess they aren't calling Trudeau a communist hard enough.

One of his more embarrassing moments for sure. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Ah wow.  All Canadian news, eh?  Right.

Explain to me why the large majority of newspapers (especially the large ones) are owned by an American hedge fund with known ties to the Republican Party?  The Sun.  The Post.  The Star.  The Journal.  The Gazette.  The Herald.  The Province.  An endless list of smaller local newspapers.

But yeah.  Go ahead and tell me how there's nothing but leftist media in Canada.

20240115_115352.thumb.jpg.b8e2439393f6cb2800eb90d821a2130a.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

At this point, anyone who makes the claim that Canadian media is left-owned is nothing more than a straight-up liar.  I'm so sick of people saying that kind of shit.

@Rob Eh Stats and numbers, buddy - learn to think for once.

CTV and CBC recieve a huge amount of money from the liberals.  It's nothing more than a bribe.  Mainstream media are all liberal sheep at this point.

Edited by Wiggums
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

CTV and CBC recieve a huge amount of money from the liberals.  It's nothing more than a bribe.  Mainstream media are all liberal sheep at this point.

Show me some fucking proof or you're nothing more than a blatant liar.

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Look how mad you are.  I can feel you yelling through my screen.  Relax

I'm not mad.   I would like some proof though.  Especially about CTV bribes.  CTV seems to be a just bit anti liberal to me, at least in many editorials   

It would be hard to disagree with the fact that CBC gets money from the government of Canada.   It would be equally as hard to defend the argument that the money is a bribe.  

7 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

When you learn to keep your emotions in check I'll provide whatever you want, until then just google it yourself 

Dude.  You're the one making these claims.  Do a common courtesy and post a link.  Why do we have to Google claims YOU are making?

7 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

When you learn to keep your emotions in check I'll provide whatever you want, until then just google it yourself 

Would you be so kind as to show the rest of us proof, from a legitimate news source?  Ransom idiots on YouTube and Twitter are not legitimate.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Would you be so kind as to show the rest of us proof, from a legitimate news source?  Ransom idiots on YouTube and Twitter are not legitimate.

I will provide proof to something that needs actual research, not something that literally anyone can find at the very top of a google search

• Like 1

Just now, Wiggums said:

I will provide proof to something that needs actual research, not something that literally anyone can find at the very top of a google search

That's the easy way out.

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Apparently, someone has never heard of the National Post....:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1