Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Well, it's kind of hard to have anything to debate about when you nosebreathers can just call anything you don't want to hear a conspiracy theory, even when i post links to back up what i say. You say it must be from MSM and every thing that is not MSM is fake news. The term fake news was created because of MSM.

I said a thread without liberal bias, not liberals. Theres a difference. If there wasn't a liberal bias in here, there'd be more than two non-liberals in this thread.

Seems like all the cons and CPP have been chased off. Luckily i'm a centrist, i haven't made up my mind, feels like we're screwed either way.

Bro your links and "proof" are ass and would get laughed out of any academic institution. Pretty much every other poster here is closer to the center than you are. 

You clearly haven't been educated on what constitutes proof or not and have this inane notion that twitter followers give one credibility. 

You don't argue in good faith.

Silly arguments like CtV receives government funding and then posting a covid wage subsidy that every business received 4 years ago is not the flex you think it is. 

You go on and on about liberal bias instead of addressing anything like it's a blanket statement to erase anything that doesn't fit your narrative then whine when posters stop taking you seriously.

Yea, there are some here who could grow up, but you haven't exactly done yourself any favors. People here would love to debate a knowledgeable conservative. That ain't you. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

This was expected.  Shame Alberta couldn't give her more than a single term.  She had ridiculously low oil prices and rampant unemployment to deal with coupled with a massive infrastructure bill and a lack of investment in serious areas of need and gets a bad rep because of it.  

But hey...Danielle Smith....Am I right?

Rachel Notley has announced she is planning to step down as leader of Alberta's Opposition NDP. 

The former premier made the announcement to caucus in Edmonton on Tuesday, sources have confirmed to CBC News. 

Notley's announcement will trigger a leadership race.

A news conference is expected today. CBC News will carry it live here.

Notley was elected NDP leader in 2014. She led the party to victory in the 2015 election for a one-term government. 

Was it expected?  Read her interview - she's essentially like "Meh - some new blood would be nice".

I thought she was an excellent leader and a solid premier, especially compared to the garbage that followed her.

Kenney: BEST SUMMER EVER

Smith: You can prevent stage 4 cancer

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Thats pretty sus, a lot more votes than they usually get in a non covid mail-in, election. year.  

Could you tell me what they normally get in a non-Covid election year? 

Edited by StrayDog
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, StrayDog said:

Could you tell me what they normally get in a non-Covid election year? 

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And what effect increased population has.  And what effect the new generation of voters had who became legal age between 2016 and 2020.

You guys got cucked.  You're starting a debate about Trump's stolen election in a Canadian Politics thread.

You cannot beat this stable genius and self-proclaimed centrist

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

This was expected.  Shame Alberta couldn't give her more than a single term.  She had ridiculously low oil prices and rampant unemployment to deal with coupled with a massive infrastructure bill and a lack of investment in serious areas of need and gets a bad rep because of it.  

But hey...Danielle Smith....Am I right?

Rachel Notley has announced she is planning to step down as leader of Alberta's Opposition NDP. 

The former premier made the announcement to caucus in Edmonton on Tuesday, sources have confirmed to CBC News. 

Notley's announcement will trigger a leadership race.

A news conference is expected today. CBC News will carry it live here.

Notley was elected NDP leader in 2014. She led the party to victory in the 2015 election for a one-term government. 

I agree that Notley was a much better leader than she gets credit for and certainly far better than Smith.....

....but honestly, it was a huge achievement getting even the single term....lets face it, "Alberta NDP government" sounds kind of like Omaha Surfing Club, or the Tallahassee Ski Club....

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I agree that Notley was a much better leader than she gets credit for and certainly far better than Smith.....

....but honestly, it was a huge achievement getting even the single term....lets face it, "Alberta NDP government" sounds kind of like Omaha Surfing Club, or the Tallahassee Ski Club....

She did the right thing, when a leader becomes an impediment to winning, fair or not, it's time to go before gutting your party.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

CERB helped people, CEBA helped Businesses, 10 dollar a day child care helped parents, Dental Care for those in need helps folks living in poverty get some more care, Weed legalization helps a lot of people from a lot of walks of life, including me. Back to back 10% increases to OAS is helping seniors, although not as much as i would like. Banning AR15's and the like from future sales helps EVERYONE but in particular will help to veer us away from the almost daily news in the USA about school, concert and theater shootings for generations to come...

These Liberal policies, and more, that came to be law lean towards the NDP in ways the CON MEN simply can't. 

I know there are folks out there who are for some reason against all these improvements to Canadian lives, but I like them and would vote to keep them and add to them. 

I really don't understand the attraction of the current version of the CPC. They aren't financially better, and have a serious pole up their asses on social issues. They have no better ideas on any major issues.

I don't get the attention PP receives, is it just tapping into anger?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

he is a Rage Farmer, and reaping bumper crops. I think it all boils down to COVID years SUCKED and even though it was Global, Justin is the face of that franchise and people hate it. I really think it is that simple. Dumb, but simple. 

Many people have grown tired of his message/personality too.  Every leader has a shelf-life, too bad Trudeau hasn't noticed his is up (fair or not).  I honestly believe if the NDP had a Jack Layton type leader, the Liberals would get decimated again next election.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Every leader has a shelf-life, too bad Trudeau hasn't noticed his is up (fair or not).

He may cost his party a lot of seats in the next election if he is still at the helm. Some politicians just can't leave the power and prestige that being the leader brings.

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He may cost his party a lot of seats in the next election if he is still at the helm. Some politicians just can't leave the power and prestige that being the leader brings.

Trudeau will be fine. He’ll form a minority government with the NDP. 

Best of the options out there, imo. 

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trudeau will be fine. He’ll form a minority government with the NDP. 

Best of the options out there, imo. 

Perhaps; but I think that Christa Freeland would be a better

option instead of him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

option instead of him.

My choices in no particular order - Mark Carney, Chrystia  Freeland & François-Philippe Champagne. Also like Marc Garneau but would prefer someone a little younger.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

option instead of him.

Agree. She’s a force to be reckoned with and knows her shit when it comes to foreign and domestic policy. 

I would happily vote for the Libs if she was Trudeau’s successor. 

My political leanings are elsewhere, but Freeland is amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

My choices in no particular order - Mark Carney, Chrystia  Freeland & François-Philippe Champagne. Also like Marc Garneau but would prefer someone a little younger.

Carney would top my list too but I heard that he is not interested in the job.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Many people have grown tired of his message/personality too.  Every leader has a shelf-life, too bad Trudeau hasn't noticed his is up (fair or not).  I honestly believe if the NDP had a Jack Layton type leader, the Liberals would get decimated again next election.

Yup people are tired of Justin.  His party needs a dose of humility (which means one or more terms in the opposition).  No different when Harper wore out his welcome.

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

CERB helped people, CEBA helped Businesses, 10 dollar a day child care helped parents, Dental Care for those in need helps folks living in poverty get some more care, Weed legalization helps a lot of people from a lot of walks of life, including me. Back to back 10% increases to OAS is helping seniors, although not as much as i would like. Banning AR15's and the like from future sales helps EVERYONE but in particular will help to veer us away from the almost daily news in the USA about school, concert and theater shootings for generations to come...

These Liberal policies, and more, that came to be law lean towards the NDP in ways the CON MEN simply can't. 

I know there are folks out there who are for some reason against all these improvements to Canadian lives, but I like them and would vote to keep them and add to them. 

But Libs, fuck Trudeau, etc.

Are we as Canadians as stupid as some of us sound? 

We want everything but want to put people in power that will claw back the little the little guy gets. 

Was it perfect? Of course not. 

Was it necessary? Hell ya. 

Why the hate? 

And fuck those Freedom Truckers, right in their ignorant asses.

As Canadians are common sense folks. We’re not going to manipulated by the Karl Rove type nonsense. 

We don’t have time for bullshit in the True North. 

Strong, as in smart and using the common sense our parents and grandparents taught us, from dealing with the real problems we faced. 

And Free, as I’m not being manipulated by foreign media or entities that seek to divide us. 

I’m sick and tired of us Canadians not being united. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

But Libs, fuck Trudeau, etc.

Are we as Canadians as stupid as some of us sound? 

We want everything but want to put people in power that will claw back the little the little guy gets. 

Was it perfect? Of course not. 

Was it necessary? Hell ya. 

Why the hate? 

And fuck those Freedom Truckers, right in their ignorant asses.

As Canadians are common sense folks. We’re not going to manipulated by the Karl Rove type nonsense. 

We don’t have time for bullshit in the True North. 

Strong, as in smart and using the common sense our parents and grandparents taught us, from dealing with the real problems we faced. 

And Free, as I’m not being manipulated by foreign media or entities that seek to divide us. 

I’m sick and tired of us Canadians not being united. 

There are troll farms all over the world spreading lies and hate, and they all seem to be dedicated to the far right. Wonder why that is? Even Trudeau had one based in Cairo, and I'm sure more than one in Russia. These people have one purpose, to destabilize western nations, and some of these morons are leaning right into it. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

There are troll farms all over the world spreading lies and hate, and they all seem to be dedicated to the far right. Wonder why that is? Even Trudeau had one based in Cairo, and I'm sure more than one in Russia. These people have one purpose, to destabilize western nations, and some of these morons are leaning right into it. 

This is true. Seems like far right propaganda and people is/are easier to corrupt. 

Ironically, that’s the ‘freedom’ political platform/peoples. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

This is true. Seems like far right propaganda and people is/are easier to corrupt. 

Ironically, that’s the ‘freedom’ political platform/peoples. 

The messaging to tear things down is far easier than building stuff.

"No Trudeau Tax" 

"No mandates"

Shit writes itself.