Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

He thanked Canada, said he loved us.  Lost like a man

He's a great fighter. One of the best boxers in the UFC.

I think he was thanking those that supported him...in Canada

He's not a real man though. He's a fossil in the way he thinks.  Even the guy you dont like Colby has better morals. At least he isn't saying women should be in the kitchen. In fact,even though Covington is a MAGA guy, he hates Strickland for his stances on certain issues.

Edited by bishopshodan

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He lost like a complete bitch and is still crying about it like a little bitch

image.png.805bd3e41641a885591afc74e49b9602.png

Yeah.

DDP won, it was split but DDP won. Sean is going on about a headbutt that I didn't see but could have happened, however the blood wasn't why Sean lost. He got taken down 6 times, which the judges would score. DDP didnt get taken down once. Sean had the better boxing but not the power. He loses a rematch. 

In fact, if the UFC thought it was a good close fight they would have annonced a rematch like they usually do for close championship fights.

I dont thinik he will win the title again. He is really good but I think there is at least 5 fighters in that div that are better. 

24 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Probably not but they will be apologists because they see them aligned with leftist politics.

There may be one or two misguided posters heading down that path though. The vitriol towards some of the MAGA characters such as MTG is almost antifa street punk violent. Thats what antifa is all about since their creation by the communist party in WW2 Germany. Violent street thugs and anti speech authoritarians.

Vitriol towards MTG? You do realise that vitirol is not just from the left but also from her own party. Even the right wing hates MTG.

Actually, I'd argue some of the left wing loves MTG... because she's one of the ones destroying the republicans from the inside out. Keep her in office so that the republicans get less votes please. The drama's been hilarious and only benefiting the democrats.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is this the Canadian politics thread?  🧐

Yeah, an mma figher got a crowd to chant F'..JT after a trucker-like rant. Brought Canada's freedom of speech into question.

So, it kinda fits in here/

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

No but i also wouldn't be 'hurt' by him saying it. Freedom of speech.

So he can go back to the US where that's a thing.  He should not be allowed in Canada where vermin like him are supposed to be held accountable for their bigotry via hate speech laws. 

25 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Probably not but they will be apologists because they see them aligned with leftist politics.

There may be one or two misguided posters heading down that path though. The vitriol towards some of the MAGA characters such as MTG is almost antifa street punk violent. Thats what antifa is all about since their creation by the communist party in WW2 Germany. Violent street thugs and anti speech authoritarians.

Are you arguing that MTG deserves to be treated with respect?  What has she done to suggest she is anything more than terrorist vermin?

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, an mma figher got a crowd to chant F'..JT after a trucker-like rant. Brought Canada's freedom of speech into question.

You mean the guy with CTE that hates gay people?  I thought we were finished with that discussion pages ago.  🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Are you arguing that MTG deserves to be treated with respect?  What has she done to suggest she is anything more than terrorist vermin?

I bet he bought her book and gave her one of the (very few) 5 star reviews of it. lol

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

You mean the guy with CTE that hates gay people?  I thought we were finished with that discussion pages ago.  🤷🏼‍♂️

I just got home from work, didn't know there was a time limit.

Sean doesn't get hit too much, very good boxing defense. I dont know if he is a CTE candidate. 

It will be interesting as the years go by which sport will lead the way with CTE....my bet would be football, maybe hockey...I mean bare knuckle fighting,  checks to the head etc...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I bet he bought her book and gave her one of the (very few) 5 star reviews of it. lol

The publisher made a grave mistake not releasing it as an audiobook given the fact that her target audience can't read.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unless a large portion of the crowd has cte the discussion is certainly valid. I'm surprised it doesn't piss you off more tbh, based on your support of the gay community. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Unless a large portion of the crowd has cte the discussion is certainly valid. I'm surprised it doesn't piss you off more tbh, based on your support of the gay community. 

CTE is a serious and sad issue.

AS a fan of MMA though I kinda get tired of everytime a martial artist comes up in topic its....roids, meathead, cte...

It's why I pointed out in my post to EP that other sports have nasty knocks. The one we all love on this site allows bare knuckle fights to occur!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

And to anyone that doesn't know....Sean Stickland lost his belt in his first title defense this weekend in this awful country of Canada. We will hear less of this person going forward. 

must have been our high soy content in our water. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I actually like tofu. There, I said it. Outed myself I guess. 

F' yeah.

I am a confident, happy, healthy, vegetarian.

Anyone with a problem with that can meet me at the bike racks. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

One Of Us Chickens GIF

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I just got home from work, didn't know there was a time limit.

Sean doesn't get hit too much, very good boxing defense. I dont know if he is a CTE candidate. 

It will be interesting as the years go by which sport will lead the way with CTE....my bet would be football, maybe hockey...I mean bare knuckle fighting,  checks to the head etc...

I think it will definitely be football.  Alot of those guys are dead now and they have examined their brains.  Any contact sport for sure will have CTE candidates in the future.  Fighters in the NHL are at the top of the list.  There are also alot of NHL guys that passed on that have been examined for it.  I've never heard of any MMA fighters that have died that have been diagnosed with CTE.  But seeing how some of them act in public, they must have some type of brain injury that hasn't been diagnosed yet...

• ThereItIs 1

In all the fluff over some MMA moron, this happened today. Pretty big deal in terms of university $$$. Going to be a lot of angry uni administration. They might even write an angry letter.

Federal government announces 2-year cap on student permits

Measure to limit international student permits comes in response to housing crunch

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/miller-cap-international-students-1.7090779

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Dana is lying here.

He constantly controls what is said and done... Recently with carrying flags into the ring...bans them all..the says they can carry them again...but not from certain countries...he has controlled walk-in songs for fighters...he took away their right to get sponsorships..when they did have sponsors and freedom of shorts he banned a guy for wearing pink short-shorts...he calls the fighters independent contractors but they are not ( massive lawsuit going on about that)..

So he says they can say what they want...but if they go against the will of company...they will be punished one way or another.

and regarding reporters...

UFC gets reported on by many MMA guys. They dont have 'UFC" reporters though they do hand out credentials for their events.

Dana White runs his org worse than any other in regards to media. He tries to control them. He apparently even shot a doc on how awful the media is to him, yet to be released. He's very Trump-like and to no surprise they are friends. 

If you want to learn more, look up Arial Hewani. He is one of the best and most decorated mma reporters ( won journaist of the year 13 times). He was given a lifetime 'ban' at one point from Dana. He has the most popular mma show in the world. He regularly exposes Dana for his crap. There are lots of articles out there about Dana and his antics.

And to anyone that doesn't know....Sean Strickland lost his belt in his first title defense this weekend in this awful country of Canada. We will hear less of this person going forward. 

Thanks for the additional info.

I can't say I'm surprised by Dana lying or anything you mentioned here. It just seemed like weak reporting if Dana can turn the question around on him so easily. But if Dana is banning the better reporters, that explains a lot...

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

In all the fluff over some MMA moron, this happened today. Pretty big deal in terms of university $$$. Going to be a lot of angry uni administration. They might even write an angry letter.

Federal government announces 2-year cap on student permits

Measure to limit international student permits comes in response to housing crunch

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/miller-cap-international-students-1.7090779

The intention is to target the diploma mills without explicitly going after the diploma mills.  This is because education is provincial jurisdiction, and the feds can't jump out and shut down those private "higher education institutions" that are really just a front for back-door immigration status / foreign worker loophole exploitation.  They're forcing the provinces to ration out the student permits and in the process compelling them to kill off the diploma mills.

At least, that's my take on it.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm willing to bet that's the same crowd that would tell everyone to keep politics out of sport from the pride tape saga earlier this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

On 1/16/2024 at 2:19 AM, Rob Eh said:

I said a thread without liberal bias, not liberals. Theres a difference. If there wasn't a liberal bias in here, there'd be more than two non-liberals in this thread.

Seems like all the cons and CPP have been chased off. Luckily i'm a centrist, i haven't made up my mind, feels like we're screwed either way.

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

So all the burning and looting riots and Chaz (Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone) didn't happen? Only the bouncey castles? Interesting.

Also many people killed in the BLM riots and Trump supporters murdered in Seattle. No Biden supporters were attacked but Antifa spent a year attacking christians and MAGA events. Dirty marxists.

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Yup. Perfectly normal "centrist" talking points here. Nothing right-leaning in any of these quotes. Like, at all....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1