Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I always think of that Blues Brothers scene with Aykroyd and Belushi behind the metal fence. Could not quite figure out which one was you? You had to figure the crowd were CONs but you won them over. That Yankee beer was like piss water. You had to drink 2 dozen to get a buzz!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

It means I can't muster any faux outrage over those so-called scandals....

So-called scandals. Can you find a PM in the history of this country with as many so-called scandals? 

Why Canadians give the nice-haired guy so many passes is beyond me. Pierre may end up being a horrible PM but it is just wild that people are like "ah, whatever"

Even with this recent federal judge ruling the PM's office broke the law by invoking the Emergencies Act. If this was Pierre doing the items on the list, I imagine all the nice hair followers would be losing their minds. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

So-called scandals. Can you find a PM in the history of this country with as many so-called scandals? 

Why Canadians give the nice-haired guy so many passes is beyond me. Pierre may end up being a horrible PM but it is just wild that people are like "ah, whatever"

Even with this recent federal judge ruling the PM's office broke the law by invoking the Emergencies Act. If this was Pierre doing the items on the list, I imagine all the nice hair followers would be losing their minds. 

Probably not....but that's because I don't see them as "scandalous". I leave that to the pearl clutchers.....

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Because none of it has been all that significant, and the CPC keeps putting forward bad alternatives.

2 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

Literally the guy hair boy replaced 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

The worst scandal was PP handing out donuts and coffee to the equivalent of the Jan 6 crowd. MTG would be proud. 

Edited by Spur1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

I thought it was already well-established you know very little about your own country's history.

I bet you couldn't even name the people on your money and what they did.  Telling us about Canadian history.  Heh.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I thought it was already well-established you know very little about your own country's history.

I bet you couldn't even name the people on your money and what they did.  Telling us about Canadian history.  Heh.

One of my favourite go-to party topics (designed to bore and get rid of people I'm not interested in talking to) is Robert Borden. I do not get invited to many parties.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ralph. said:

One of my favourite go-to party topics (designed to bore and get rid of people I'm not interested in talking to) is Robert Borden. I do not get invited to many parties.

$100 bill, right?

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Is this guy on the money?