Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

30 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Weird time to bring this up seeing as how Trudeau violated Canada's charter of rights and freedoms

So I'll ask again.

Who runs Canada?

This is critically important and let's consider this a test of ones basic intelligence or at least comprehension

Who runs Canada?

25 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

What about things that affect you like price of groceries, housing, healthcare availability,  social issues like trans women crushing sports records, the homeless/drug epidemic, government overreach when it pertains to the charter.

I voted for Trudeau in 2016 by the way.  Yuck lol.  

So to the first paragraph I'll ask again.  Who runs Canada?  A follow up, you consider those social issues that critical?  

To the second, sure ya did.  And Rob Eh is a centrist 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hold it. Trudeau is just one guy, one vote. He isn't responsible for any of that bad stuff. 

I know we butt heads and I can be abrupt and borderline rude to you, but thank you for understanding this one thing that escape so many

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

To the second, sure ya did.  And Rob Eh is a centrist 

Of course he did, and because there was no Canadian federal election in 2016, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't reside in Papineau, so it must've been on his favourite "who do you want to fuck" site.  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

Does he even check what he writes?

Trudeau reopens Veterans Affairs office Harper closed

The reopening of the Corner Brook office marks the beginning of the fulfillment of a Liberal election promise to increase services to veterans.

Hehr said more offices will be reopening "on as quick a timeline as we can," with plans to have all of them up and running by May 2017.

The reopening of the Corner Brook office marks the beginning of the fulfillment of a Liberal election promise to increase services to veterans.

Hehr said more offices will be reopening "on as quick a timeline as we can," with plans to have all of them up and running by May 2017.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Thank you.  I don't and won't have kids, but I still can see value in a robust public education system.  I also find it strange that Wiggums brought up trans sports records, since I'm willing to bet he wasn't personally impacted by that despite his implication that was a valid argument.

Same for me with no kids & the value of the education system. I used the same logic when arguing  about the Port Mann bridge tolls when people justified them as ‘user pay’ taxes. A better transportation system benefits everyone.

Few things are more importanter than a good education.🤪

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I know we butt heads and I can be abrupt and borderline rude to you, but thank you for understanding this one thing that escape so many

Funny I read Bouds’ comment with a hint of sarcasm in it. Could be wrong though, sarcasm is hard to pick up sometimes.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry to disappoint you, again but I was trying to be sarcastic. Failure. Maybe we should call it the Trudeau gang. 🙂 Can he be the head bandito?   

39 minutes ago, DSVII said:

For healthcare availability, I think you need to scrutinize the Conservative provincial governments, particularly Ontario, Ford deliberately underspent billions on healthcare in order to starve the public sector and encourage the privatization of health services.

If Trudeau is sending money to the province and the province is refusing to spend the money to help Canadians, what is he to do? At the very least, he doesn't get all the blame here.

The conservatives in Ontario plan to underspend $21 billion by 27/28 as well. 

So really how strong are your principles in this if we remove the Trudeau factor?

Smith is following the Ford playbook.

Your post is a must read for anyone criticizing Trudeau for healthcare. Feds fund it (all provinces always want more) and the provinces decide how to spend it, or not spend it in some cases.

Edited by 4petesake
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

During Covid it was a supply issue, now it's grocery magnets capitalizing on higher profit margins, they're trying at least to address housing, but it's also market driven as far as pricing goes, and healtcare, every jurisdiction in the World has a shortage of doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers. They're burnt out by the abuse of the likes of Trucker Convoy idiots, and anti vaxxers.

Everywhere in the world has a shortage of workers in pretty much every field/sector. It's the result of an aging population. We simply don't have enough people to replace the older ones who are retiring.

I'd love to know what people expected Trudeau/the Liberals to do about that (beyond the immigration they already also hate), or what PP would do differently to "fix" global aging population demographics.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Smith is following the Ford playbook.

Your post is a must read for anyone criticizing Trudeau for healthcare. Feds fund it (all provinces always want more) and the provinces decide how to spend it, or not spend it in some cases.

Smith is worse than Ford.  Funny that those in this thread still complaining about the Flu Trux Klan being held accountable ignore the fact that Doug Ford supported using the Emergencies Act:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/doug-ford-justin-trudeau-emergencies-act-convoy-poilievre-1.6620869

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

So you're not a veteran but you like that they opened veteran offices.

You don't use cannabis but you like the legalization.  

What about things that affect you like price of groceries, housing, healthcare availability,  social issues like trans women crushing sports records, the homeless/drug epidemic, government overreach when it pertains to the charter.

I voted for Trudeau in 2016 by the way.  Yuck lol.  

So you care about the things you mentioned in your 3rd paragraph. Does that mean other people have to care about them too?

Everyone's going to be different in terms of what they care about, what they support, and what they are against. Yes. This is a very blanket statement I'm making, but it seems like it needs to be made here.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

BC will gladly take them.  Decent compensation from when we had to take Covid patients from Alberta due to them having too many antivaxxers.

Ironically enough, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them would have come from BC to begin with.

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Smith is worse than Ford.  Funny that those in this thread still complaining about the Flu Trux Klan being held accountable ignore the fact that Doug Ford supported using the Emergencies Act:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/doug-ford-justin-trudeau-emergencies-act-convoy-poilievre-1.6620869

I was looking at the timeline the other day and was reminded of this.

-Jan 28  Protesters  arrive in Ottawa

-Feb 6   The city of Ottawa declares an emergency and asks for 2000 more police

-Feb 7   Ambassador Bridge blockaded

-Feb 8   White House press secretary says that the President is monitoring the situation as Ford and GM close plants 

-Feb 11  Premier Ford declares a provincial emergency 

-Feb 14 Feds announce Emergencies Act

3 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

I am sure it's totally not related to the recent news that Emergencies Act was used illegally.

https://twitter.com/tvanouvelles/status/1750608620377518393?t=xe9KUrleE_2c6YzuSS35_g&s=19

I can understand why you would not be sure.   I can see no completely clear connection though I can see how dot connecters will go nuts.

As for the usage of the Emergencies Act - We have one vote for and one against.   The tie breaker is in the works.   Patience please.  The fat lady is yet to sing.

• ThereItIs 1