Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

You want to know which  province is laying off thousands of healthcare workers? Here’s a hint - a trio of freedom fighters is appearing there right not as the premier dismantles the healthcare system.

Plus the little man with the big hat did his best to try and make sure everything was opened up, giving those freedom fighters a platform.

How dare Turdope doing nothing to improve housing in Canada.

Example 9234875983475983745987345 of local governments being a problem in the housing issue.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news/oakville-council-rejects-10-storey-mixed-use-building-plan/article_08b38fcf-300a-5b25-b8fb-9f1a403e0527.html

Oakville council rejects 10-storey mixed-use building plan

An eight-storey compromise also turned down.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I can understand why you would not be sure.   I can see no completely clear connection though I can see how dot connecters will go nuts.

As for the usage of the Emergencies Act - We have one vote for and one against.   The tie breaker is in the works.   Patience please.  The fat lady is yet to sing.

Seems like text messages where he discussed using tanks to stop people from honking and parking illegally may not have been a good idea. 

He also deleted all his socials. Totally coincidental. 

13 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Seems like text messages where he discussed using tanks to stop people from honking and parking illegally may not have been a good idea. 

The dude is now a private citizen.   I'd leave Twitter too in that case.

You seem to be jumping to conclusions.  You may be able to easily walk to them in a day or two.   Or not.   I guess we will see.   

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Funny I read Bouds’ comment with a hint of sarcasm in it. Could be wrong though, sarcasm is hard to pick up sometimes.

I read it the same way....I also read Hip's response as sarcasm....

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

I'm someone who barely even uses socials. I could totally understand anyone, and I mean ANYONE, deleting socials. No reasoning needed. I'll even put things into perspective: I've conversed with you here more than I've posted on Facebook in 10 years. I'm sure you can count the times we've conversed on 1 hand. 😉

You seem really extremist though and adamant on making things up so I guess I'm not surprised you'd try and connect 2 things together. Needless to say, I can't take you seriously, so I hope you don't care about being taken seriously.

Edited by The Lock
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Health:  provincial issue

Covid mandates:  provincial issue

Social issues: predominantly provincial issue

Housing supply and building: Provincial issue

infrastructure: provincial issue

Education: provincial issue

Funding:  Federal issue

Food prices:  Corporate issue

Gas prices corporate issue

Supply: corporate and global issue

housing prices: corporate and personal issue

Government:  Minority for 5 years

Senate: Predominantly independent with powers over parliament

Summation:  Everything I don't like or agree with because it doesn't conform to my opinion, beliefs, bias or point of view is Trudeaus fault and nothing anyone can do will change my mind, if you make an unassailable argument, I will then pivot back to the beginning in an argument of circular logic full of fallacies and strawman arguments and then end up blaming it all on Trudeau again.

So if Pierre is elected it appears he will have no control of anything other funding. 

Liberals and NDP voters should feel great about that, because the provinces control nearly everything and so Pierre couldn't possibly be responsible for making things better or worse.

I noticed you left off things like immigration, which is currently the big strike against Trudeau, as well as security which is another giant strike (see the Emergencies Act). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm someone who barely even uses socials. I could totally understand anyone, and I mean ANYONE, deleting socials. No reasoning needed. I'll even put things into perspective: I've conversed with you here more than I've posted on Facebook in 10 years. I'm sure you can count the times we've conversed on 1 hand. 😉

You seem really extremist though and adamant on making things up so I guess I'm not surprised you'd try and connect 2 things together. Needless to say, I can't take you seriously, so I hope you don't care about being taken seriously.

I'm really extremist?

Am I in the room with you right now? Oogidy Boogidy.

What did I make up? He quit, deleted all his socials the day after the Emergencies Act was determined by a federal judge to have been enacted illegally and texts of his were shown to be discussing using tanks on the Canadians citizens parked illegally and honking. 

None of that is made up nor extremist. 

Start over.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

The Queen? Sir John A? Soon, the King. 

There are others. I know some.

Are you more angrier? Rage growing? 

Alright you've got 1/5.  You literally only got the Queen.  MacDonald is wrong.

So you don't know any of them.  And you certainly wouldn't know what they're famous for.

"Worst PM in history" - fails to mention any historical Canadian figures

6 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

So if Pierre is elected it appears he will have no control of anything other funding. 

Liberals and NDP voters should feel great about that, because the provinces control nearly everything and so Pierre couldn't possibly be responsible for making things better or worse.

I noticed you left off things like immigration, which is currently the big strike against Trudeau, as well as security which is another giant strike (see the Emergencies Act). 

These are the major sticking points you and yours whine about for Trudeau.

You think Pierre is going to stop immigration?  Maybe tone the numbers down slightly but he'll continue the immigration race because he can't stop it without bankrupting the country and the tax base.

The belief you all have about Trudeau being the end all be all  for everything bad in this country is just childish and when people point out how much actually falls in to his control as pm of a MINORITY government with a Senate to contend with you ignore it like it was a snake.

Facing the truth will only help.  Avoiding the partisan finger pointing will only be beneficial

Try it some time

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

If he has a majority government, then he gets more blame or credit; depending on the particular issue/decision being made.

Same as every body else.

Credit and blame are part of the amount of responsibility.

Just now, Gurn said:

If he has a majority government, then he gets more blame or credit; depending on the particular issue/decision being made.

Same as every body else.

Credit and blame are part of the amount of responsibility.

Nah they will just moan about how it's all busted and will take decades to "fix".

PP is all horseshit. He can say anything to his angry base and they're happy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

I'm really extremist?

Am I in the room with you right now? Oogidy Boogidy.

What did I make up? He quit, deleted all his socials the day after the Emergencies Act was determined by a federal judge to have been enacted illegally and texts of his were shown to be discussing using tanks on the Canadians citizens parked illegally and honking. 

None of that is made up nor extremist. 

Start over.

Really? None of this is made up or extremist? You want to connect dots without any proof. You see social media accounts deleted and immediately think you know the reasoning behind it. You don't need proof beyond that. You've figured it all out since you're the next Sherlock with a toy cigar pipe! lol

Like I said, I can't take you seriously dude. I really can't. rofl

Edited by The Lock
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

Welcome to Canada - clearly you are new to this whole federal system and how it works.  Because anyone who paid attention in social studies would know the basics.

• Cheers 1