Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

can you elaborate a little? is there a particular issue that irks you to this level? 

I'm pretty sure all you'll get is these kind of deep thoughts.

On 9/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, Gandalf said:

Trudeau, Biden, Obama, they’re all C U Next Tuesday’S

54 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Zelenskyy is a piece of garbage. 

17 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I’m here bro lol. I’ve said many times that PP annoys me. I just can’t understand how anyone could be cool with JT. It’s a pick your poison scenario and I don’t see how it could get worse with a minority CPC. 

Why? What specifically has he done (or not done) that should make us dislike him as strongly as you do?

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Deficits. 

Harper ran 5 straight deficits did he not?  For the record, I don't really care about "deficit" plitics.  All governments run deficits........they couldn't run the country if they didn't

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Deficits. 

Kind of like his predecessor's?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-harper-political-obit-1.3273677

JT legalized marijuana providing more tax dollars, negotiated a favourable trade deal with the US despite having to deal with a mentally unstable POTUS, dealt with the trucker protests effectively, and isn't attempting to destroy Canada with the barbaric social policies PP is on record supporting.  He's not perfect, but he's the best option we currently have.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Really? He's the only PM who ever ran a deficit? :classic_huh:

This big and aggressive, yes. I don’t even wanna talk about this anymore, hopefully people will stop quoting me so I can never come back in here again. Lol. 90% of the people in here just attack the crap out of anyone that doesn’t love what’s going on in our country right now. Telling me how bad it’s going to be when the CPC take over and how I’m a POS for having a different opinion. You guys can just continue to post your little CBC articles and encourage each other. I’ll just keep to myself and vote. 
@King Heffy

Edited by LaBamba
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This big and aggressive, yes. I don’t even wanna talk about this anymore, hopefully people will stop quoting me so I can never come back in here again. Lol. 90% of the people in here just attack the crap out of anyone that doesn’t love what’s going on in our country right now. Telling me how bad it’s going to be when the CPC take over and how I’m a POS for having a different opinion. You guys can just continue to post your little CBC articles and encourage each other. I’ll just keep to myself and vote. 
@King Heffy

I think posters just expect a credible argument, beyond one word answers or that you just don't like him.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think posters just expect a credible argument, beyond one word answers or that you just don't like him.  

I’m tired of saying the exact same thing to 17 different people.

Just look around. We are in a jam.
Y’all remind me of that mother with the f’d up son who refuses to acknowledge that he f’d up. Just zero accountability. Like I said earlier I don’t care anymore. Worship your god. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Y’all remind me of that mother with the f’d up son who refuses to acknowledge that he f’d up. Just zero accountability. Like I said earlier I don’t care anymore. Worship your god. 

I think most are open to constructive solutions that don't cause lasting damage.  Electing a psychopath like PP is not the answer.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think most are open to constructive solutions that don't cause lasting damage.  Electing a psychopath like PP is not the answer.

Inflation is increasing at an alarming pace with absolutely no response from the liberal government. It’s already at a point of no return. Don’t look at what might happen. Look at what is happening now. We are going to keep increasing interest rates. When people go to remortgage their houses with record household debt. They will not be able to pay their monthly mortgage bill. My mortgages doubled here in august when I remortgaged. Not a lot of people can double their mortgage payments. There will be a massive fallout. Yes, I understand that everyone is dealing with inflation due to Covid but not everyone is dealing with a housing bubble like we are. Our economy and wealth is so deeply tied into housing that a collapse in the housing market would result in a collapse in our currency like we’ve never seen before. The TSX would collapse along with everyone’s wealth that wasn’t in the housing market. 
We have low currency and high commodity prices. This is the perfect opportunity for investment. That’s not happening though. We are no longer competitive with alternative sources even though we are above the biggest economy in the world. This is also why our dollar doesn’t strengthen with oil prices anymore. Canada has divested from oil. The only tangible thing that backed our dollar. There are so many things that made this situation way worse than other countries. This is the only thing we should be worried about right now. If you’re not preparing or extremely worried about where we are going and how we got here you are going to be in a really tough place when this all comes crashing down. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Inflation is increasing at an alarming pace with absolutely no response from the liberal government. It’s already at a point of no return. Don’t look at what might happen. Look at what is happening now. We are going to keep increasing interest rates. When people go to remortgage their houses with record household debt. They will not be able to pay their monthly mortgage bill. My mortgages doubled here in august when I remortgaged. Not a lot of people can double their mortgage payments. There will be a massive fallout. Yes, I understand that everyone is dealing with inflation due to Covid but not everyone is dealing with a housing bubble like we are. Our economy and wealth is so deeply tied into housing that a collapse in the housing market would result in a collapse in our currency like we’ve never seen before. The TSX would collapse along with everyone’s wealth that wasn’t in the housing market. 
We have low currency and high commodity prices. This is the perfect opportunity for investment. That’s not happening though. We are no longer competitive with alternative sources even though we are above the biggest economy in the world. This is also why our dollar doesn’t strengthen with oil prices anymore. Canada has divested from oil. The only tangible thing that backed our dollar. There are so many things that made this situation way worse than other countries. This is the only thing we should be worried about right now. If you’re not preparing or extremely worried about where we are going and how we got here you are going to be in a really tough place when this all comes crashing down. 

Give me a party that has a tangible solution without the pure evil of PP and his inbred supporters and I'm more than willing to listen.  All PP is suggesting right now is how to make the problem worse.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Now that’s a good response that should make for a productive conversation.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

Again, I don't really like him either and the only time I've ever voted Lib was Chretien

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Give me a party that has a tangible solution without the pure evil of PP and his inbred supporters and I'm more than willing to listen.  All PP is suggesting right now is how to make the problem worse.

We need be more business friendly for starters.  Things like Permitting are nearly impossible. Lowering corporate tax. Adjust royalties based on commodity prices. Eliminate carbon tax, bring commodities to tide water. 
I understand that we need to look after the environment, however. Putting the responsibility of commodities in the hands of the 3rd world is actually detrimental to our planet. Nigeria, Saudi, Russia don’t care about emissions and clean extraction. 
How can we Tax carbon when we don’t have the infrastructure to use an alternative? That’s extortion. We are a long way from our farmers using electric Tractors. 
Your produce from Mexico is a long way from being teleported. 

Our wealth in resources was never replaced and now we are at the mercy of our housing market. 
Look at Saudi. One of the few countries in the world with more proven reserves than us. We actually have more overall reserves of resources. They don’t have lumber and bouillon like we do. They are buying gold and building green infrastructure with their oil wealth. They are strategically planning ahead for the days ahead without oil. What did we do? We just divested for political optics with nothing to replace it with. 

Yes, Covid drove the world into inflation but our government painted us in a corner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3