Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

You mean like building a pipeline?

The government having to pay for a pipeline that was previously owned by Kinder Morgan was probably the most embarrassing and expensive result possible. How anyone can use this as a liberal flex is just….. I honestly can’t even. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The government having to pay for a pipeline that was previously owned by Kinder Morgan was probably the most embarrassing and expensive result possible. How anyone can use this as a liberal flex is just….. I honestly can’t even. 

Sure wish Alberta could make up it's mind, do they want a pipeline of not?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Sure wish Alberta could make up it's mind, do they want a pipeline of not?

Kinder Morgan was going to pay for the pipeline lol. They said F it because the government squeezed their nuts for political gain. It backfired in a way that’s unbelievably embarrassing.

59 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Give me a party that has a tangible solution without the pure evil of PP and his inbred supporters and I'm more than willing to listen.  All PP is suggesting right now is how to make the problem worse.

This is also uncalled for. This is called stereotyping and it’s a major component of the liberal platform. Liberals are all about equality until you disagree with them. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This is also uncalled for. This is called stereotyping and it’s a major component of the liberal platform. Liberals are all about equality until you disagree with them. 

I'd say its a major component of all the parties right now.

LIke PP going on about woke etc....he's really running with an American style campaign and support. 

These times are prime for a moderate conservative party to swoop in. Done correctly I think many would listen. 

People are fed up with JT all over the place but PP and co. are not attractive enough for many. He didn't need to sling the fear and hate so much like those in the country you live. He could have sat back, presenteted a rational calm persona with a half decent platform and he would been away to the races. Not so sure he will have all the momentum come election time as many predict. Though I think he will win.

In fact I think for the first time in a while JT has had a spark, uptick in support. His dealing with Modi is top notch. Well done, makes Canada look a little stronger. 

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I think most are open to constructive solutions that don't cause lasting damage.  Electing a psychopath like PP is not the answer.

How is Polievre a psycho path?

He has common sense policies...

We have the highest cost of living in the g7 and its not even close. How can anyone not want change?

Our wages don't reflect the cost of living either. He hands out money like crazy. He gives the poor enough free money to bump them into the middle class and the middle class is taxed to poverty. The rich get richer.

Look around the country, tent cities everywhere. Sky high homelessness, drug problems and a country divided.

Crime through the roof.

Are there lots of variables? Sure... could all of this have happened under another party or pm, maybe or even likely 

But regardless of the "ifs" and there's a lot of them.

This is Trudeau's Canada.

He was at the helm during all this mess.

Polievre actually had a clear argument and is well versed, Trudeau humms and ha's his way though every interview I've ever heard. Has no political background, his last name is why he's here.

Drama teacher, snowboarding instructor, prime minister...

Makes sense, Castro Jr.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We need be more business friendly for starters.  Things like Permitting are nearly impossible. Lowering corporate tax. Adjust royalties based on commodity prices. Eliminate carbon tax, bring commodities to tide water. 
I understand that we need to look after the environment, however. Putting the responsibility of commodities in the hands of the 3rd world is actually detrimental to our planet. Nigeria, Saudi, Russia don’t care about emissions and clean extraction. 
How can we Tax carbon when we don’t have the infrastructure to use an alternative? That’s extortion. We are a long way from our farmers using electric Tractors. 
Your produce from Mexico is a long way from being teleported. 

Our wealth in resources was never replaced and now we are at the mercy of our housing market. 
Look at Saudi. One of the few countries in the world with more proven reserves than us. We actually have more overall reserves of resources. They don’t have lumber and bouillon like we do. They are buying gold and building green infrastructure with their oil wealth. They are strategically planning ahead for the days ahead without oil. What did we do? We just divested for political optics with nothing to replace it with. 

Yes, Covid drove the world into inflation but our government painted us in a corner. 

some things worth exploring here, for sure. Problem, is the current CPC can't do that without also giving us the social con crapperola. I know you don't care about that, but I do and a lot of others who have people in their lives affected by their hateful crap.

Now this might be a good alternative: https://www.centreicecanadians.ca

• Thanks 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

How is Polievre a psycho path?

He has common sense policies...

We have the highest cost of living in the g7 and its not even close. How can anyone not want change?

Our wages don't reflect the cost of living either. He hands out money like crazy. He gives the poor enough free money to bump them into the middle class and the middle class is taxed to poverty. The rich get richer.

Look around the country, tent cities everywhere. Sky high homelessness, drug problems and a country divided.

Crime through the roof.

Are there lots of variables? Sure... could all of this have happened under another party or pm, maybe or even likely 

But regardless of the "ifs" and there's a lot of them.

This is Trudeau's Canada.

He was at the helm during all this mess.

Polievre actually had a clear argument and is well versed, Trudeau humms and ha's his way though every interview I've ever heard. Has no political background, his last name is why he's here.

Drama teacher, snowboarding instructor, prime minister...

Makes sense, Castro Jr.

PP has slogans, he's extremely light on detail. And when he has tried bringing a concept, its been dumb stuff like bitcoin or claiming that cities are "gatekeepers' that don't want more homes. 

All he's really done so far is complain about Trudeau. Anyone can do that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

PP has slogans, he's extremely light on detail. And when he has tried bringing a concept, its been dumb stuff like bitcoin or claiming that cities are "gatekeepers' that don't want more homes. 

All he's really done so far is complain about Trudeau. Anyone can do that. 

That's what the opposition does in every single electoral campaign in history... you slam the incumbent and explain  what you would do differently.

The incumbent just preaches on the same that they have always done.

This country is divided and I voted for liberal the first time Trudeau ran and before him I always voted liberal. I never voted for harper. 

But things have changed, I'll never vote liberal again. This country needs to put its boots on and get back to its roots.

This is not our grandparents and parents Canada. It's a sad state we are in.

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'd say its a major component of all the parties right now.

LIke PP going on about woke etc....he's really running with an American style campaign and support. 

These times are prime for a moderate conservative party to swoop in. Done correctly I think many would listen. 

People are fed up with JT all over the place but PP and co. are not attractive enough for many. He didn't need to sling the fear and hate so much like those in the country you live. He could have sat back, presenteted a rational calm persona with a half decent platform and he would been away to the races. Not so sure he will have all the momentum come election time as many predict. Though I think he will win.

In fact I think for the first time in a while JT has had a spark, uptick in support. His dealing with Modi is top notch. Well done, makes Canada look a little stronger. 

I agree. I actually hate PP. the liberals couldn’t be in a weaker position right now. They’re ripe for the taking and the support for CPC hasn’t exploded like it would’ve with a moderate. 

• Cheers 1

That's what the opposition does in every single electoral campaign in history... you slam the incumbent and explain  what you would do differently.

The incumbent just preaches on the same that they have always done.

If you are going to call yourself the "PM in waiting" you'd better bring more. 

This country is divided and I voted for liberal the first time Trudeau ran and before him I always voted liberal. I never voted for harper. 

The country is divided because too many people have bought into the silly US-style stuff. Not accepting intolerance used to be a point of pride about being Canadian, now people get upset if we don't go along with their bigotry. Sorry thats not a divided country, thats us not wanting to follow the US down their bunny hole.

But things have changed, I'll never vote liberal again. This country needs to put its boots on and get back to its roots.

This is not our grandparents and parents Canada. It's a sad state we are in.

Canada isn't "broken" if thats what you're suggesting. Another bad slogan from PP. 

Do we have some serious problems? you betcha. Can we fix them? Absolutely. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

If you are going to call yourself the "PM in waiting" you'd better bring more. 

The country is divided because too many people have bought into the silly US-style stuff. Not accepting intolerance used to be a point of pride about being Canadian, now people get upset if we don't go along with their bigotry. Sorry thats not a divided country, thats us not wanting to follow the US down their bunny hole.

Canada isn't "broken" if thats what you're suggesting. Another bad slogan from PP. 

Do we have some serious problems? you betcha. Can we fix them? Absolutely. 

We have our challenges but Canada still gets high ( and increasing) marks for being the most desirable place to live for many reasons.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

We have our challenges but Canada still gets high ( and increasing) marks for being the most desirable place to live for many reasons.

this stuff can get fixed. Housing e.g. has solutions. Whats changed is all 3 levels of government are finally sufficiently motivated to do something. Provinces like BC were not about to kill the cash cow of property taxes until things got really bad. 

• Cheers 1

It was tongue in cheek. But he does look like him lol. Obviously he's not...

Thanks man.

This site gets ripped for having a lot of left support but trust me, many of us want to hear from all sides and perspectives. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

some things worth exploring here, for sure. Problem, is the current CPC can't do that without also giving us the social con crapperola. I know you don't care about that, but I do and a lot of others who have people in their lives affected by their hateful crap.

Now this might be a good alternative: https://www.centreicecanadians.ca

I actually ran into that a little while back. Lol. The most Canadian thing ever. 

We wouldn’t have the money or the buying power to continue with our social programs if the housing market collapses. Whatever we are doing now is what got us here and we urgently need change.