Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Go respond to the other people criticizing you and saying you're wrong about everything.  All you do here is say some brain dead shit about Trudeau and insult me.  That's literally all you've contributed here.  Lies, falsehoods and personal insults.

You've tried to pin every little thing on the federal government and you have literally no clue what you're talking about.

You're a mess. 

17 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

You're a mess. 

There it is.  Just meaningless garbage.  You literally haven't produced a single productive piece of content on this thread.  Just attacking attacking attacking.  When's the last time you've actually posted meaningful content not related to just trying to bash me?

6 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Foreign interference networks ‘deeply embedded’ in Canadian politics, CSIS report says

https://globalnews.ca/news/10266226/foreign-interference-networks-deeply-embedded-in-canadian-politics-csis-report-says/

Follow the social media volumes 

You'll see waves of pages posts and videos coming out against one side or the other.

The way the volume leans is who China wants to lose.

Ie endless posts, pages against the governing party during all this ridiculous BS.  Probably foreign assisted interference to a certain degree.

Easy to follow

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think it's great that Trudeau isn't responsible for anything and that nothing is really his fault.

...said nobody in this thread.

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think it's great that Trudeau isn't responsible for anything and that nothing is really his fault.  I am assuming that when PP takes over the same posters will apply this logic to PP as well.  PP won't be responsible for anything and nothing will be his fault...

Capital continues to leave Canada at + $100 billion a year. Productivity per capita continues to shrink. Lots of reasons why but this is the reality faced by all politicians. The majority are not up to the task. 

• Cheers 1

Government should boost grocery competition at home, not seek outsider: experts

20240201120228-9b5b0635ebeb1f0d9b2a1685f
Experts say instead of enticing a foreign grocer to come to Canada, Ottawa should look at ways to support smaller and regional grocery companies to boost competition. Produce is shown at a Toronto grocery store on Sunday, June 26, 2023. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Graeme Roy

By The Canadian Press

Posted February 2, 2024 1:00 am.

Experts say instead of enticing a foreign grocer to come to Canada, Ottawa should look at ways to support smaller and regional grocery companies to boost competition.

Industry Minister François-Philippe Champagne said this week that he’s been reaching out to foreign grocery companies in the hopes they will come to Canada and help strengthen competition in the industry.

But Peter Chapman, founder of consulting firm SKUFood and a former Loblaw executive, says it’s not easy for a foreign chain to come to Canada.

The country’s relatively small population and spread-out geography make it a challenge for companies to build up a network of stores and distribution centres.

Chapman says there are already lots of smaller and regional grocery companies in Canada that the government could be boosting in the name of competition, instead of reaching out to bigger fish across the border.

Gary Sands from the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers agrees, adding that the grocery code of conduct being developed could help level the playing field for small- and medium-sized grocery companies.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/02/02/government-should-boost-grocery-competition-at-home-not-seek-outsider-experts/

The Cantonese have a saying that describes this kind of scenario that F-P wants to do.  It's called "引清兵入關", or (loosely translated) inviting the Ch'ing soldiers past the checkpoint

Nothing good ever comes of something like this.  I hope the minister will reconsider.

13 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

There it is.  Just meaningless garbage.  You literally haven't produced a single productive piece of content on this thread.  Just attacking attacking attacking.  When's the last time you've actually posted meaningful content not related to just trying to bash me?

The irony. You spent a week or more chasing me about content that wasn't even mine. I am done interacting with you. 

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think it's great that Trudeau isn't responsible for anything and that nothing is really his fault.  I am assuming that when PP takes over the same posters will apply this logic to PP as well.  PP won't be responsible for anything and nothing will be his fault...

Oh Trudeau is inept for sure and he wears responsibility too. You can think that, and also be mindful of the fact that the conservatives are essentially showing worse dereliction in governing when their focus is passing parental rights bills while their provinces are burning from the fires on their watch as well. 

It really makes you re-consider PP as the alternative, as the party as a whole is all too willing to basically mimic the MAGAs south of the border. As someone who hasn't voted for Trudeau since 2015, I'll take ineptness over cynical maliciousness.

If PP is a minority government with all the provinces being Liberal governments that are purposefully playing with their constitutents lives to score a political win, then sure, will apply this same tack with PP.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/02/02/government-should-boost-grocery-competition-at-home-not-seek-outsider-experts/

The Cantonese have a saying that describes this kind of scenario that F-P wants to do.  It's called "引清兵入關", or (loosely translated) inviting the Ch'ing soldiers past the checkpoint

Nothing good ever comes of something like this.  I hope the minister will reconsider.

This feels like the culling of animals from helicopters that the government hired instead of letting the locals do it. 

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Oh Trudeau is inept for sure. You can think that, and also be mindful of the fact that the conservatives are essentially showing worse dereliction in governing when their focus is passing parental rights bills while their provinces are burning from the fires on their watch as well. 

It really makes you re-consider PP as the alternative, as the party as a whole is all too willing to basically mimic the MAGAs south of the border. As someone who hasn't voted for Trudeau since 2015, I'll take ineptness over cynical maliciousness.

You don't believe in parental rights? Would you let your 10 year old smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol? If they came to you and said they were a pirate would you cut off their leg? 

Of course not, parents absolutely have rights. That's why we don't let them vote, drink, drive etc until they are old enough to make those decisions. 

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's not responsible for everything or anything, but his party is in power and it is getting worse day by day, which is why the polling is so bad for them. 

4 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

He's not responsible for everything or anything, but his party is in power and it is getting worse day by day, which is why the polling is so bad for them. 

This is what I don't understand that people can't see. So what if it's not his problems? He's the leader of the party in power right now and for the last 8 years. The polls are the way they are for a reason. People are hurting. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

You don't believe in parental rights? Would you let your 10 year old smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol? If they came to you and said they were a pirate would you cut off their leg? 

Of course not, parents absolutely have rights. That's why we don't let them vote, drink, drive etc until they are old enough to make those decisions. 

Bimbimpak Ojuaedia, come stand at the front of the class and tell us a bit about you: "Hi, my name is very common where I am from but hard for you to pronounce, so you can call me Bob."

""wait just a gosh darn rootin tootin minute Bimbimpak, we are gonna have to call your parents if you keep up this nonesense of having us call you a different name, yes Jimie-jam what is your question?" 

"Why didnt' you call my parents when you started calling me Jimmie Jam instead of James...and why do we call Gertie that when her mom named her Geeertruida back in Sweden?"

Get to the principals office right now you little sh*t.

(my interpretation of why Danny Smith the Premier of Alberta is stupid with this bill on pronouns)

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

This is what I don't understand that people can't see. So what if it's not his problems? He's the leader of the party in power right now and for the last 8 years. The polls are the way they are for a reason. People are butt-hurting. 

FTFY

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

The irony. You spent a week or more chasing me about content that wasn't even mine. I am done interacting with you. 

The irony is that you've failed to come up with anything to pin on Justin Trudeau.  There are many things you can criticize him about and you've somehow completely missed all of that.  All you do is continue to spew out the lies and falsehoods Poilievre feeds to his gullible sheep.

You literally have zero intelligible, articulable thoughts of your own in this thread.  It's embarassing.

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Bimbimpak Ojuaedia, come stand at the front of the class and tell us a bit about you: "Hi, my name is very common where I am from but hard for you to pronounce, so you can call me Bob."

""wait just a gosh darn rootin tootin minute Bimbimpak, we are gonna have to call your parents if you keep up this nonesense of having us call you a different name, yes Jimie-jam what is your question?" 

"Why didnt' you call my parents when you started calling me Jimmie Jam instead of James...and why do we call Gertie that when her mom named her Geeertruida back in Sweden?"

Get to the principals office right now you little sh*t.

(my interpretation of why Danny Smith the Premier of Alberta is stupid with this bill on pronouns)

Teachers hate phone calls with parents. Is that the message?