Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am pretty sure I had some of those bottles near the end of last summer. I will watch out for it, thanks!

Off topic: I never care about the AllStar game stuff, but this year WITH SIX CANUCKS...I poured a Southern Comfort and Cola about 20 mins ago and I am relaxing in the war room now with this forum on one 27 inch monitor and the all star skills comp stuff on the second computer screen. Hhehehehe...i should have bought some wine. 

FWIW, this is also good and also on sale (cheaper than the Black Sage actually). @Bob Long

208942.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Do you just make shit up?  Or are you just trolling?  I know many people who worked in Chemainus  sawmill including my brother in law who was in management.  Please go on with your bullshit.

Get as angry as you want. They were leasing space from me for lumber in multiple places in the fraser valley. If I had more land, I could have leased all of it. Tolko and many more. Sure, some mills shut down (like all businesses did except for necessary) but there was never a shortage of lumber and they were back up and running quickly. Your brother in-law being out of work does not indicate a shortage in lumber. Who were their contracts with? Maybe they were specialty shakes etc.  

5 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

There was lots of lumber before, during and after covid. 

Yes, you keep spouting these single sentences, like nobody has called them out for the bullshit that they are and haven't posted articles that show it to be bullshit....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

so just curious, would you support your kid if they came out as trans?

Transitioning to what? Like they thought they were Asian or disabled? Maybe they thought they were a dog or a cat?

I love my kids. I have no concern that my kids will ever come out as trans anything. 

5 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

There was lots of lumber before, during and after covid. 

One more…

A supply chain in disarray

It's no secret lumber's supply chain has been in disarray, with shortages mounting across the nation.

According to estimates from the Fastmarkets RISI experts, that was caused, in part, by miscalculations from lumber suppliers.

Wholesale inventories of lumber at the start of 2021 likely ranged from 25-30 days of supply, according to the experts, a far cry from the usual 45-60 days of supply ahead of spring's building season.

"With no field inventories to fall back on, buyers have had no negotiating power as demand continues to surge, resulting in the out-of-control bidding we have seen for lumber and panels in recent months," Jalbert and Coskren wrote.

Positive cases of COVID-19 at sawmills also made it difficult for companies to build supply during 2020.

Labor shortages have been a problem at mills and trucking and distribution centers as well, according to the Fastmarkets experts. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yes, you keep spouting these single sentences, like nobody has called them out for the bullshit that they are and haven't posted articles that show it to be bullshit....:classic_rolleyes:

Believe what you want. They were sending lumber to the states in record numbers. They were stockpiling up here because the US was overpaying and they wanted their lumber being sent down south and they did not want to flood the US market to push prices down and they did not want to sell to Canadian suppliers so they wouldn't be short when the US companies called.

You can believe whatever you want, it makes zero difference to me, I was in the throws. You were not.  

8 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Get as angry as you want. They were leasing space from me for lumber in multiple places in the fraser valley. If I had more land, I could have leased all of it. Tolko and many more. Sure, some mills shut down (like all businesses did except for necessary) but there was never a shortage of lumber and they were back up and running quickly. Your brother in-law being out of work does not indicate a shortage in lumber. Who were their contracts with? Maybe they were specialty shakes etc.  

I am not angry.  Just asking lol.  I would love to see your sources.  And no he isn't out of work because he is in management.  I am sure you know much more though.

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

FWIW, this is also good and also on sale (cheaper than the Black Sage actually). @Bob Long

208942.jpg

I do enjoy that one from time to time also, hehe. I am a wine efficionado of sorts...that is misspelled but it is pronounced Whin-Oh.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

One more…

A supply chain in disarray

It's no secret lumber's supply chain has been in disarray, with shortages mounting across the nation.

According to estimates from the Fastmarkets RISI experts, that was caused, in part, by miscalculations from lumber suppliers.

Wholesale inventories of lumber at the start of 2021 likely ranged from 25-30 days of supply, according to the experts, a far cry from the usual 45-60 days of supply ahead of spring's building season.

"With no field inventories to fall back on, buyers have had no negotiating power as demand continues to surge, resulting in the out-of-control bidding we have seen for lumber and panels in recent months," Jalbert and Coskren wrote.

Positive cases of COVID-19 at sawmills also made it difficult for companies to build supply during 2020.

Labor shortages have been a problem at mills and trucking and distribution centers as well, according to the Fastmarkets experts. 

Never had an issue with trucks pulling loads out of our yards, not once. In fact, it was the opposite. 

Maybe they didn't want to upset the Canadian consumer that there was LOTS of lumber but they couldn't have any because Americans were paying way more.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I am not angry.  Just asking lol.  I would love to see your sources.  And no he isn't out of work because he is in management.  I am sure you know much more though.

Let's see your sources. Citing a CBC article is hardly a source. You want to see the lease agreements that I signed with multiple companies to use our yards to store their lumber? 

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Believe what you want. They were sending lumber to the states in record numbers. They were stockpiling up here because the US was overpaying and they wanted their lumber being sent down south and they did not want to flood the US market to push prices down and they did not want to sell to Canadian suppliers so they wouldn't be short when the US companies called.

You can believe whatever you want, it makes zero difference to me, I was in the throws. You were not.  

You can bet I'm not going to believe the guy who just constantly spews bullshit with nothing but his own personal stories to back it up, over the multiple articles from multiple sources that say otherwise.

Carry on with your BS.....and be secure in the knowledge that virtually everyone here thinks you're full of shit.

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Let's see your sources. Citing a CBC article is hardly a source. You want to see the lease agreements that I signed with multiple companies to use our yards to store their lumber? 

I am more curious what you think PP would do about it that Justin didn't or couldn't? THe original bit about this was artificially high lumber prices right? Not if you leased your grounds or not. Just trying to bring this boil down to a simmer.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

You can bet I'm not going to believe the guy who just constantly spews bullshit with nothing but his own personal stories to back it up, over the multiple articles from multiple sources that say otherwise.

Carry on with your BS.....and be secure in the knowledge that virtually everyone here thinks you're full of shit.

Great, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks here. This is just an opinion soundboard. I assure you, if you went out to these large lumber providers and asked them about the years since 2020 and any potential shortage of lumber, they would tell you it didn't exist. 

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Great, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks here. This is just an opinion soundboard. I assure you, if you went out to these large lumber providers and asked them about the years since 2020 and any potential shortage of lumber, they would tell you it didn't exist. 

image.gif.4af9f1b344013a2edf0b093da5122128.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

At this point I am convinced whoever it is is a troll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am more curious what you think PP would do about it that Justin didn't or couldn't? THe original bit about this was artificially high lumber prices right? Not if you leased your grounds or not. Just trying to bring this boil down to a simmer.

The prices were artificially high. But they were actually higher in the US and thats where are record amount of our lumber went. 

Pierre vs Justin, I don't know what they would do different, I guess we will find out when it's election/campaign season and platforms are revealed. 

I would have capped exports on shorted (although artificially) products. 

46 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I would liken it to when coaches get fired in the NHL. Is it always solely their fault or even their fault at all sometimes? No, but change's need to be made and the coach is always the quickest and easiest thing to replace and then work from there.

Eh, we are still a ways away from knowing anything for sure yet. I do like his chances though 

Firing a coach?  What the heck are you talking about?  That is an utterly ridiculous analogy.  There is nothing to work with here.  Pierre Poilievre is a snake and an attack dog.  He has become the politician he is now because of American politics infecting the country.  He and his party's anti-trans agenda, his racial rhetoric, his use of misinformation and utter disdain for media... he has completely sold out to the American brand, literally and figuratively.  

Keeping Justin Trudeau in power is going to have real-life consequences.  Kicking him out and voting in Pierre Poilievre is also going to have real-life consequences.  Triggering a change just for its own sake is absolutely ridiculous.  The Conservative government has zero interest in making your life better.  ZERO.  You're so broke you can't even afford a house - he is not going to work in your best interests.  He just wants your votes.

Do you honestly believe the United States "firing" Joe Biden and bringing back their old coach (Trump) is going to be an easy and quick fix?

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

At this point I am convinced whoever it is is a troll.

At this point I'm convinced the idiot is a bot.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Firing a coach?  What the heck are you talking about?  That is an utterly ridiculous analogy.  There is nothing to work with here.  Pierre Poilievre is a snake and an attack dog.  He has become the politician he is now because of American politics infecting the country.  He and his party's anti-trans agenda, his racial rhetoric, his use of misinformation and utter disdain for media... he has completely sold out to the American brand, literally and figuratively.  

Keeping Justin Trudeau in power is going to have real-life consequences.  Kicking him out and voting in Pierre Poilievre is also going to have real-life consequences.  Triggering a change just for its own sake is absolutely ridiculous.  The Conservative government has zero interest in making your life better.  ZERO.  You're so broke you can't even afford a house - he is not going to work in your best interests.  He just wants your votes.

Do you honestly believe the United States "firing" Joe Biden and bringing back their old coach (Trump) is going to be an easy and quick fix?

At this point I'm convinced the idiot is a bot.

You don't have to like it. Doesn't bother me. You seriously think he is the first politician to make attack ads? The rest is just your opinion

Again how would you know? That's just your opinion. You got sources for all these claims you are making?

He could. He also may not. Who knows? Not you that's for sure.

You have anger issues. Calling me an idiot because you don't like my opinions is pathetic. Go touch grass or something and stop acting like a bloody child

• Cheers 1