Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

You used a meme two posts up. More irony. 

The word you are looking for is hypocrisy.  Not that I agree that either word is warranted but that would be the one to use in this case .

Edited by Satchmo
typo

7 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

10 to 13 maybe, I knew I wanted drive cars when I was 7 but I am glad my parents didn't let me. 

I won't slag you for being a bit late to the party but I will question the driving analogy for being a bit weak.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe, just maybe, the science supporting hormones that lead to infertility and child mutilation should be studied for a LONG time before we just let the children do it. 

Why aren't there more adults looking to take part in all these programs and just so many children? 

There are more and more stories coming out every day of children saying they made a mistake and there will be more and more in the years to come as these children age. 

We make laws to keep children from doing stupid things to themselves, probably a good idea to do it here as well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

A meme to point out the ridiculous strawman statement is bad?

But

A meme to mock the section of the population your camp is obsessed with while fetishizing their genitals is ok?

Pick a lane bud

Memes I like good, memes you like bad. 

Right bud?

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I won't slag you for being a bit late to the party but I will question the driving analogy for being a bit weak.

Again, if your kid came to you and said they thought they were a pirate, you wouldn't cut off their leg (maybe you would) and give them a peg or cut off their hand (seems some here would) and give them a hook hand. 

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Maybe, just maybe, the science supporting hormones that lead to infertility and child mutilation should be studied for a LONG time before we just let the children do it. 

Why aren't there more adults looking to take part in all these programs and just so many children? 

There are more and more stories coming out every day of children saying they made a mistake and there will be more and more in the years to come as these children agee

We make laws to keep children from doing stupid things to themselves, probably a good idea to do it here as well. 

Do you honestly think that all lil Jimmy needs to do to is say "I'm Tranny" and they will get referred to a doctor to have their pee pee chopped off?

Honestly, explain exactly the steps that lil Jimmy would have to do, and when he can do it, because I think you are poorly informed in this area.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

There are more and more stories coming out every day of children saying they made a mistake and there will be more and more in the years to come as these children age. 

You know I share some of your concerns.  Not all, but some that I at least ponder.  What I do not share is the belief that everything is so dire and that what you are railing against is so prevalent.  

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I remain opposed to Proportional Representation: it will not be the best way forward. Giving Parties seats that inner circle old guard party operatives who control the top of the parties already the direct route of assigning people to seats that those insiders control and can re-assign pretty much at will removes any and all accountability for the MP in the seat. a new party golden child rises in the esteem of those running the party and BLAMMO he is assigned to a seat in Ottawa: with zero input from voters. I am incredibly opposed to this. However it may be better than first past the post. The very best is the Ranked Ballot: the winner in any given riding would need to be at least a lower choice if not first choice of the majority of voters in that riding. Then that individual will still be accountable to the people of that riding who can recall at worst or vote out at best as time goes by. Prop Rep really only serves less popular parties and does nothing for independants and barely changes the outcome for the more popular parties. Eventually the PPC will be the balance of power and their old white rage will be the deciding vote on bills in parliament: who wants that? 1.5% of the population does at this point in time. Bad idea, prop rep. 

The best thing about ranked ballot, is that it would see the 65%-75% of progressive/centrist voters able to actually vote for their preferred party first, without worry of splitting the vote and having a candidate with only 25%-35% support, slide up the middle and in to power.

Side benefit of that is it may actually drive the Cons back towards the centre, and away from the wing nuts and regressive social policies, if they hope to ever actually form power again.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Again, if your kid came to you and said they thought they were a pirate, you wouldn't cut off their leg (maybe you would) and give them a peg or cut off their hand (seems some here would) and give them a hook hand. 

I find this pirate, dolphin, corvette stuff so dumb I do not wish to even consider it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Ah yes.  Nothing like " needing more time"

90+ years isn't long enough

How long has gender-affirming treatment been around?

Gender-affirmation surgery has been performed since 1931 and is shown to increase quality of life in transgender patients, with 91 percent of transgender female patients reporting improved quality of life after vaginoplasty.

6 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Memes I like good, memes you like bad. 

Right bud?

Memes you make to shit on an entire section of the population bad

memes posted to point out how stupid statements made to defend that denigration acceptable.

Better?

3 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Correct me if im wrong , but I'm reading this as you equating a kid questioning and/or discovering their sexuality/gender on the same level as another kid thinking they want to play pirates? 

• Cheers 1

284 pages in this canadian politics thread.

And the camp on the right that says they are just trying to protect kids from perverts and weirdos has spent around 90 of them talking about or obsessing over the genitals of minors and or how those genitals work claiming they are only obsessed with them to better protect them while also saying that their obsession of those genitals in minors is their business and the government should butt out of that obsession because they are only trying to save the kids they are obsessing over from being read to by men wearing make up, or from people who are predators.

Just Modern Right Wing Things

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

And the camp on the right that says they are just trying to protect kids from perverts and weirdos has spent around 90 of them talking about or obsessing over the genitals of minors and or how those genitals work claiming they are only obsessed with them to better protect them while also saying that their obsession of those genitals in minors is their business and the government should butt out of that obsession because they are only trying to save the kids they are obsessing over.

My want is to protect all kids the same way we don't let them make rash, live changing decisions. None at all. They are children and need to be protected from themselves until they are old enough to fend for themselves. 

It's not right wing, it's right choices. You can make it sexual or about genitals, but it isn't.

If a bunch of kids started cutting off limbs to be pirates, I would be against that full throated as well. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Correct me if im wrong , but I'm reading this as you equating a kid questioning and/or discovering their sexuality/gender on the same level as another kid thinking they want to play pirates? 

Why wouldn't you believe them if they said they were a pirate? 

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And the camp on the right that says they are just trying to protect kids from perverts and weirdos has spent around 90 of them talking about or obsessing over the genitals of minors and or how those genitals work claiming they are only obsessed with them to better protect them while also saying that their obsession of those genitals in minors is their business and the government should butt out of that obsession because they are only trying to save the kids they are obsessing over from being read to by men wearing make up, or from people who are predators.

I really hate that the MAGA expats are making me considering strat voting for Trudeau for the first time in a decade.

Just now, 5forFighting said:

My want is to protect all kids the same way we don't let them make rash, live changing decisions. None at all. They are children and need to be protected from themselves until they are old enough to fend for themselves. 

It's not right wing, it's right choices. You can make it sexual or about genitals, but it isn't.

If a bunch of kids started cutting off limbs to be pirates, I would be against that full throated as well. 

Why are people more concerned with protecting kids from themselves when there is an entire section of the population that thinks Pierre Poliverre is the champion of the working man that knows the truth of a hard days work or that the PPC is the party fighting for freedom against te tyranny of democracy that need adults to monitor their behaviour

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

While the right-wingers down south are losing their minds over Taylor Swift.  LOL

Just now, Satchmo said:

Yikes! Now you've got me wondering. I have to admit I haven't looked in many years.

Mine are 12 and 15 and I just don't care.  So long as they're happy, healthy and not dicks to people it's their business