Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Good thing their parents didn't cut their genitals off or give them hormone blockers if they had said something earlier. 

We were talking about gay people coming out later in life.   Rather than comment on that you seem to be just jumping off to something else.  Why is that?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

I think you're confused.

my mom thought a rainbow crosswalk would make highschoolers gay. Like here is your typical horny teenager walking along and thinking about boobs as I would be in highschool....and then WHOA! a rainbow crosswalk..suddenly i just need all the dicks in my mouth, what a weird feeling overcoming me....

lol. She saw the absurdity in it when i said it like that, but she was still stuck in her ways at 83. She passed away about two months later, still homophobic. Her cohort lean homophobic but her cohort are also passing out of life on earth, so it will solve itself, imo.

I actually think that is the crux of the Trucker Cowboys issue: right wing politics, Bigoted misogynists who are anti gay is a culture that is shrinking as fast as the baby boomers are dying off, leaving their offspring who cling to those beliefs feeling pressured and fearful of a changing culture. If the former fringe elements are now normal, that must mean former normal are now ...not? Somehow equality of all people means less for the strait white folks? 

I don't really get it, but it feels to be like that to me. Shrug. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

my mom thought a rainbow crosswalk would make highschoolers gay. Like here is your typical horny teenager walking along and thinking about boobs as I would be in highschool....and then WHOA! a rainbow crosswalk..suddenly i just need all the dicks in my mouth, what a weird feeling overcoming me....

lol. She saw the absurdity in it when i said it like that, but she was still stuck in her ways at 83. She passed away about two months later, still homophobic. Her cohort lean homophobic but her cohort are also passing out of life on earth, so it will solve itself, imo.

Great story about how different generations look at things. My parents were pretty old when they had me, so even though I'm quite young at 27, I definitely get the "stuck in their ways" thing, especially with my mother. (All things considered, my parents are quite progressive, though.)

Sorry to hear your mother passed away. And yes, even with the "culture way" ongoing and very firey, I think we're looking at a brighter future for LGBT persons and other minorities.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

Great story about how different generations look at things. My parents were pretty old when they had me, so even though I'm quite young at 27, I definitely get the "stuck in their ways" thing, especially with my mother. (All things considered, my parents are quite progressive, though.)

Sorry to hear your mother passed away. And yes, even with the "culture way" ongoing and very firey, I think we're looking at a brighter future for LGBT persons and other minorities.

Thanks, she passed in 2022, and is absolutely loved and missed, but i have never been one to gild the lily. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

38 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Man and woman married for 30 years, one decides to switch teams. Explain.

I have two brother in-laws. Both were married and had 2 children. Both came out in their mid thirties and are now a couple. I have yet another brother in law who was engaged to be married in his late teens, skipped town and moved across the country and later married a man. Talking to them they all knew they were gay at a young age but tried to conform to society norms. Even one of them asked me why would anyone choose to be gay?  So is that an assumption also?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I'd love to see the documentation on that.

There are several houses going up where I live and none of them are using 2x8 framing. It sounds ridiculously expensive to me....

As per my previous post the 2x8 is only mandatory right now in Richmond and Maple Ridge. There may be others but we haven’t seen it yet. The B.C. building code for all other areas including Prince Rupert is still 2x6 as a minimum requirement. Builders are free to use 2x8 if they want to to maximize the energy efficiency. 

Eventually all municipalities will need to change to 2x8 as you will need the extra 2 inches to fit the R24 and R60 insulation which is needed for 100% energy efficiency. 

I agree it s going to be ridiculously expensive. So the extra cost will undoubtedly be passed on to the buyer. My friend has already increased the prices of his homes accordingly. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

21 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Your opinion.

Please explain how you use so many homophobic/ transphobic talking point and it's just an "opinion" that you're homophobic; but the idea that some people can choose to be gay is "fact"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1