Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

As per my previous post the 2x8 is only mandatory right now in Richmond and Maple Ridge. There may be others but we haven’t seen it yet. The B.C. building code for all other areas including Prince Rupert is still 2x6 as a minimum requirement. Builders are free to use 2x8 if they want to to maximize the energy efficiency. 

Eventually all municipalities will need to change to 2x8 as you will need the extra 2 inches to fit the R24 and R60 insulation which is needed for 100% energy efficiency. 

I agree it s going to be ridiculously expensive. So the extra cost will undoubtedly be passed on to the buyer. My friend has already increased the prices of his homes accordingly. 

Again....I'd love to see the documentation. I looked and wasn't able to find any reference to 2x6's being a requirement for framing.

Not that I doubt your friend's word, but I want to make sure before I do any building around my place.

3 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

There and BC are the easiest. Depends on the GP. 

Tell me more. Do BC and Ontario have different regulations than other provinces for providing gender affirming hormone therapy? Or are you saying that your perception is that physicians are more likely to provide gender affirming hormone therapy because of sociocultural reasons? What do you mean?

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If you think you can catch 'gay' then you might be a bit gay...

And if you think being gay is a choice....why would so many choose to be gay when they have so much anger, bigotry, and persecution towards them?

its all context I suppose. If he actually walks into a leather bar by mistake, can you blame him?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Tell me more. Do BC and Ontario have different regulations than other provinces for providing gender affirming hormone therapy? Or are you saying that your perception is that physicians are more likely to provide gender affirming hormone therapy because of sociocultural reasons? What do you mean?

Feel free to look it up if you like. 

I want to keep the discussion going based on Politics but I have to warn everyone here that you ensure you’re not disparaging people of any genders or those of other gender identities that don’t conform with your particular identity. 

Carry on, but be forewarned. 

• Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I have three, all now adults.....and know what? Raising them to adulthood didn't require an ounce of bigotry on my part....nor did I need to tell their teachers how to do their jobs.

I know....crazy, right?

When did they tell you they were gay or straight? 

Just now, Gurn said:

a friend and I, after a concert at Roger's went for a long, burn off some energy, walk.

Stop into a bar and order a beer a piece, waiter  says " Oh, you are buying him a beer?"

sounded a bit strange, as questions go.

I take a look around, at some of the artwork, then the cliental, and  say to my buddy " I'm reasonably sure we are on Davies street."

Yep. Gay bar.

Ordered another beer,  drank them, then went back to walking.

did like the fact that nobody cared that a couple of 'straights' were in the place, everybody just minding their own business.

world be a better place if more people could just do the same.

Maybe you blended in with the gays

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

When did they tell you they were gay or straight? 

They didn't have to.

My oldest started dating girls in her teens, so we pretty much knew she was gay. The younger two have boyfriends / fiancees, so we know they're straight.

5 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Maybe you blended in with the gays

For someone who agreed with me earlier on the fact that we should be inclusive, you sure seem afraid of certain groups.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They didn't have to.

My oldest started dating girls in her teens, so we pretty much knew she was gay. The younger two have boyfriends / fiancees, so we know they're straight.

What if he's faking, like those that get married and switch 30 years later?

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its all context I suppose. If he actually walks into a leather bar by mistake, can you blame him?

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

a friend and I, after a concert at Roger's went for a long, burn off some energy, walk.

Stop into a bar and order a beer a piece, waiter  says " Oh, you are buying him a beer?"

sounded a bit strange, as questions go.

I take a look around, at some of the artwork, then the cliental, and  say to my buddy " I'm reasonably sure we are on Davies street."

Yep. Gay bar.

Ordered another beer,  drank them, then went back to walking.

did like the fact that nobody cared that a couple of 'straights' were in the place, everybody just minding their own business.

world be a better place if more people could just do the same.

One of my best friends and I were in Portland in 2010 for a Jimmy Buffett concert.  Ended up staying 5 days.  We were doing a pub crawl one afternoon downtown and had the same experience.  No one gave a crap that we were in there and the bartender was great.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1