Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

25 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I will say that I've stopped coming to this thread because of 5forFighting

At this point I'm not afraid to say he is either a brain dead troll or he is just a complete **** with no regard for human decency or even human rights.  He has shown literally no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Just lies and misinformation.  Absolute nonsense.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

Religion? That's weird. Is no drinking, voting, driving etc until a certain age religious?

No that is common sense and actually protecting society from the children and themselves. Anti gay and anti trans are from religious dogma. 

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

At this point I'm not afraid to say he is either a brain dead troll or he is just a complete **** with no regard for human decency or even human rights.  He has shown literally no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Just lies and misinformation.  Absolute nonsense.

Oh you mean like a religious cult member. 

57 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

As I suspected. From your very article 

Of the 4,071 visits in total involving gender-affirming mastectomies or breast reductions reported since 2018, 602 involved youth 18 and under.

In 5 years in a country of over 38 million, the number is in the hundreds. 

Mount Everest of a mole hill indeed.

And the best you can do is TOP surgery for female to male.

No Lil Jimmy becoming Janey.  

And they were all TEENS.

And, I'd love for you to show thar all they did was say I'm tranny.  That there wasn't various hoops to jump through. 

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

How in the fuck are you still a member here? 

On 1/29/2024 at 5:20 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Gfy

On 1/29/2024 at 7:29 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Gtfooh. Absolute trash 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:45 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

stfu

That's some next level irony seeing you ask this question given how you interact with people.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Common sense use to be common. 

Unfortunately some never come to their senses. Too busy following false gods and false prophets. A sign of the end times if you believe the story. 

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

That's some next level irony seeing you ask this question given how you interact with people.

Why would you focus on that and not the complete indecency, utter dishonesty, disingenuity of the so-called man he is talking to?

Almost everyone here has reached the same bleak conclusion with this clown.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Why would you focus on that and not the complete indecency, utter dishonesty, disingenuity of the so-called man he is talking to?

Dudes just a good example of how messaging can turn people. Tbh I feel a bit sorry for him.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

They talk about helping the kids but they are only trying to help themselves from their fear and homophobia. 

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Why wouldn't I? Those responses weren't even all to the same person, so it's clearly a pattern, and thus just so ironic.

I disagree with that assessment of @5forFighting

I do think some of that applies more accurately to some others though. I see a lot of disingenuous discussion whenever this topic comes up. The nuanced questions are often ignored, or attacked, rather than given thoughtful answers.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

You are looking to get me kicked off a hockey forum after calling me a neo-nazi. How is that better than sicko? 

He didn't call you a neo -nazi

he used neo-nazi to describe your speech/rant.

In alignment with forum rules which  direct us to attack the post, and not the poster.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Why wouldn't I? Those responses weren't even all to the same person, so it's clearly a pattern, and thus just so ironic.

I do think some of that applies more accurately to some others though. I see a lot of disingenuous discussion whenever this topic comes up. The nuanced questions are often ignored, or attacked, rather than given thoughtful answers.

That's kind of what happens when people begin with a disingenuous premise.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Before I look this up, I'm going to assume half of the posts were directed towards Wiggum. 

Indeed.  It was Wiggum.  He and 5 are truly one and the same.  Most of the time they just opine and end up saying some super transphobic stuff - something you'd hear straight out of a deranged Republican senator.  The other half of the time they are sharing articles that are either completely debunked, opinionated/flawed, or they are just grossly misrepresenting the message.  Not once have either guys brought anything productive to the conversation.  Not one.  They are not thoughtful, not funny, not informative, and simply not valuable contributors to the thread.  Most importantly, they are not nice people to talk to either.

Give your own assessment of those two.  What exactly have they provided other than cruelty and lies about the trans community?

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

National Post? Didn’t they take over from the National Inquirer?

No, but they did get taken over by Republican-supported, American hedge fund.  You can tell how unpatriotic and unCanadian some people are by the choice of their news sources.

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Before I look this up, I'm going to assume half of the posts were directed towards Wiggum. 

Indeed.  It was Wiggum.  He and 5 are truly one and the same.  Most of the time they just opine and end up saying some super transphobic stuff - something you'd hear straight out of a deranged Republican senator.  The other half of the time they are sharing articles that are either completely debunked, opinionated/flawed, or they are just grossly misrepresenting the message.  Not once have either guys brought anything productive to the conversation.  Not one.  They are not thoughtful, not funny, not informative, and simply not valuable contributors to the thread.  Most importantly, they are not nice people to talk to either.

Give your own assessment of those two.  What exactly have they provided other than cruelty and lies about the trans community?

That is your opinion of them. You are claiming subjective opinions as fact. I don't think those statements are true.

I'm not here to give my thoughts on posters of your choosing. I pointed out the irony of Joey's question given how he treats others. No need for whataboutism.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

That is your opinion of them. You are claiming subjective opinions as fact. I don't think those statements are true.

I'm not here to give my thoughts on posters of your choosing. I pointed out the irony of Joey's question given how he treats others. No need for whataboutism.

I feel like you are directly engaging in whataboutism here.

They have engaged in conspiracy theories.  They have engaged in disgusting fear mongering tactics.  They have completely abandoned logic and made nonsense arguments.  All their sources are either fake news or misrepresented.  Some of my statements are outright facts.  Others are not mere subjective opinions, but arguments strongly supported by a large body of evidence in this thread.

So I'll ask you for the second post in a row - What part of that do you disagree with?  What statement do you not think is true?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I feel like you are directly engaging in whataboutism here.

They have engaged in conspiracy theories.  They have engaged in disgusting fear mongering tactics.  They have completely abandoned logic and made nonsense arguments.  All their sources are either fake news or misrepresented.  Some of my statements are outright facts.  Others are not mere subjective opinions, but arguments strongly supported by a large body of evidence in this thread.

So I'll ask you for the second post in a row - What part of that do you disagree with?  What statement do you not think is true?

Your first reply to me was textbook whataboutism. I made a comment on one poster, and you replied asking what about the other poster. Come on...

Your second post was subjective opinions. I don't think they are objectively true based on what I've seen.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Your first reply to me was textbook whataboutism. I made a comment on one poster, and you replied asking what about the other poster. Come on...

Your second post was subjective opinions. I don't think they are objectively true based on what I've seen.

He is commenting directly to what I believe to be two of the crummiest posters on this forum.  They continually spread lies and hatred.  And when everyone piles on the evidence about how they're wrong, they just double down and say something stupid, starting the cycle all over.  Joey's opinions are in line with most of the people here.  This is beyond disagreement.  Ask anyone here.  I have tussled with everyone.  I've fought with Worms, EP, Lock, Bob, Hippy... all of them.  I don't think of any of them as shitty or stupid.

But I can tell you see things differently.  What I'm asking you is what part of their message/attitude you specifically agree with.  Do you agree with their arguments?  Their sources?  Their interpretations of those sources?  Their logic?  Their sense of humour, even?