Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We definitely have a love hate relationship Rupert.  Two days ago, I loved you.  Today I hate you.  Maybe tomorrow I will love you again.  We will see.  Thank God we aren't married, or I would have killed you by now.  Of course, I would never try and plan it ahead of time, that would be premeditation on my part, it would be a random act so I wouldn't get life in prison.  

This is my funny way of saying let's end this little tiff and carry on my friend.  Notice how I called you my 'friend"?  You are not my enemy Rupert, regardless of your political beliefs...  😊  

I don't want to be anyone's enemy. That being said, I like to consider myself the enemy of mis and dis-information. (That's a fight I've been engaged in for almost 20 years here and on CDC)

Occasionally I branch out and include pedantic comments that (inadvertently, or otherwise) defend something I consider indefensible......and if that makes people "hate" me, then so be it. You certainly wouldn't be the first......nor, I'd wager, will you be the last.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Popular points to use when defending a statement:

1) That's not what I said.

2) That may have been what I said but it's not what I meant.

3) I voted for Trudeau once.

Do you think I give a shit if you believe that I voted for Trudeau or not?  Like what would be the reason for me to lie about that?  It's embarrassing enough to admit it.  But okay fine, you're right I didn't vote for him.  Sure

Doesn't matter cause he'll be gone soon and will go down as the worst PM of all time.  Back to teaching drama class which I'm sure he's good at

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Do you think I give a shit if you believe that I voted for Trudeau or not?  Like what would be the reason for me to lie about that?  It's embarrassing enough to admit it.  But okay fine, you're right I didn't vote for him.  Sure

Doesn't matter cause he'll be gone soon and will go down as the worst PM of all time.  Back to teaching drama class which I'm sure he's good at

Explain how you think he's worse than John A MacDonald, a man who committed genocide, started the residential schools system, and executed Louis Riel instead of just freezing his bank account.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Oh, PP will probably outlaw Drama Class....

Too many Trannies whipping it out in front of little girls.....by accident, of course.....

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Explain how you think he's worse than John A MacDonald, a man who committed genocide, started the residential schools system, and executed Louis Riel instead of just freezing his bank account.

You're right.  Let's say worst in the last half century

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Oh, PP will probably outlaw Drama Class....

Too many Trannies whipping it out in front of little girls.....by accident, of course.....

What a life, 60+ years old hanging out all day in an online politics thread waiting for people to pounce on and antagonize.  Time for a hobby, bud 

Edited by Wiggums
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

What a life, 60+ years old hanging out all day in an online politics thread waiting for people to pounce on and antagonize.  Time for a hobby, bud 

Meh. I'm actually working. I only pounce in my spare time....

18 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't want to be anyone's enemy. That being said, I like to consider myself the enemy of mis and dis-information. (That's a fight I've been engaged in for almost 20 years here and on CDC)

Occasionally I branch out and include pedantic comments that (inadvertently, or otherwise) defend something I consider indefensible......and if that makes people "hate" me, then so be it. You certainly wouldn't be the first......nor, I'd wager, will you be the last.

I actually respect you as a poster, which is why I pushed back on this.  Because I wanted to clarify my post.  I hate you today because you tried to lump me with somebody else over a post I made and IMO you tried to indirectly call me transphobic.  After careful thought, I don't believe you actually did that, you simply tried to defend your position and question why I made that post and didn't believe my answer.

So, no worries.  I understand the back and forth now.  And to be honest, this thread is about Candian politics, and it seems to have been sidetracked by other issues for the last 10-15 pages or so.  Which is quite disappointing.  So maybe I'll just take a break from this thread for awhile until things are sorted out and we start talking about politics again.  Cheers...

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I'm all for the elimination of grass

Willie Nelson and Bill Maher both just threw up in their mouths just now.....:classic_cool:

As did virtually every snowboarder on the planet....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Willie Nelson and Bill Maher both just threw up in their mouths just now.....:classic_cool:

As did virtually every snowboarder on the planet....

2) That may have been what I said but it's not what I meant.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I didn’t not never vote for him every time he never ran. Have to admit though that once I entered a voting booth and voted for him but I didn’t enter it to vote for him.

So I got that going for me.

But did you take an unpremeditated dump while you did so?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Polling stations can have that effect on people.....

I remember one time, I walked up this girl seated at the table and whipped out......my voters card....

Just that?

You didn't also whip out...

...your identification document(s)?  :classic_ninja:

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

It's just all so lame....

"I wasn't being transphobic when I talked about a trans person whipping it out in front of a little girl"......and then "I wasn't defending the transphobic comment when I pointed out the difference between planning on whipping it out and just whipping it out on spur of the moment"....:frantic:

And the usual cast of characters are "confused" by my reaction.....:picard:

This is what I mean by the con "who me?" shtick. It's pathetic.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Polling stations can have that effect on people.....

I remember one time, I walked up this girl seated at the table and whipped out......my voters card....

I remember drawing an "X" with my pencil somewhere on a candidate. My votes are very special.