Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The Bcups are now polling third to the perennial nonstarting Conservatives in BC. 

I said way back, for the BC libs to have any chance they needed Diane Watts. 

I know that this is a very pro-ndp site, but not having a functional opposition is not a good thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

no, no, no. Its broken. No going back. Or wait, there is going back if PP is elected? so its not broken? fuck I'm confused. 

yea he's a simp.

Its just such as stupid messaging tack on everything. But I am starting to wonder if maybe Poutine peaked a little early? people might be getting tired of him and not hearing it as much as before. People want to hear good ideas, and he doesn't have any.

Just wait until he gets hit with the attack ads exposing just how evil he is.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

no, no, no. Its broken. No going back. Or wait, there is going back if PP is elected? so its not broken? fuck I'm confused. 

yea he's a simp.

Its just such as stupid messaging tack on everything. But I am starting to wonder if maybe Poutine peaked a little early? people might be getting tired of him and not hearing it as much as before. People want to hear good ideas, and he doesn't have any.

The theory of rational irrationality.

Read Bryan Caplan's 

The Myth of The Rational Voter 

Caplan suggests that bad  policies are selected by voters themselves.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Poo poo is pee pee. Only a friggin’ Moran would vote for a Candidate in his party. 

Yup.  You have to have something seriously wrong with you to look at the hate speech that bigot spews and think he's fit to be treated the same as an actual human, let alone hold public office. 

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-brewery-slammed-with-negative-reviews-abusive-calls-after-hosting-trudeau-1.6764166

Ontario brewery slammed with negative reviews, abusive calls after hosting Trudeau

Tell us again how the Left are the proponents of "cancel culture", PP fans.....

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Meh bunch of pissy little keyboard warriors. People give them too much attention.

Isn't that how our society functions now adays? Wasn't it 60% of highschool grads wanted to be 'inluencers' as a career. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Isn't that how our society functions now adays? Wasn't it 60% of highschool grads wanted to be 'inluencers' as a career. 

I hadn't heard that. Sad if true.

This kind of swarming behavior does appear to be more of an alt right thing. It's pretty bad to go after a small business. Say whatever you want about politicians but leave the venue alone.

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I hadn't heard that. Sad if true.

This kind of swarming behavior does appear to be more of an alt right thing. It's pretty bad to go after a small business. Say whatever you want about politicians but leave the venue alone.

Actually, it happens both ways.  It was in full display in HK during the Anti-ELAB demonstrations in 2019, when pro-democracy ("yellow") stores got attacked online and "gold fingered" (ie. reported to authorities - police and health inspection agencies) by pro-establishment ("blue") keyboard warriors, and pro-establishment stores got blacklisted by pro-democracy websites and attacked on online forums.  It's more the baser side of human nature as opposed to a right/left tool.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Actually, it happens both ways.  It was in full display in HK during the Anti-ELAB demonstrations in 2019, when pro-democracy ("yellow") stores got attacked online and "gold fingered" (ie. reported to authorities - police and health inspection agencies) by pro-establishment ("blue") keyboard warriors, and pro-establishment stores got blacklisted by pro-democracy websites and attacked on online forums.  It's more the baser side of human nature as opposed to a right/left tool.

thats interesting, hadn't heard about that. 

So I can say my government is taking care of me...

The group home i stay in is exactly what we need more of... And we also need more private group home's in this fashion...

1 manager which purchases all the necessary cleaning food and other maintenance products...

It really reduces the cost of upkeep.

Then Just set Daily chores for everyone and One person cooks off the menu for the whole home... its actually chill and easy to get along with people.

The houses are just modified Duplexes where they remove parts of the interior wall making a open concept Kitchen and two living room spaces downstairs... 4 bathrooms 9-10 bedrooms and a few storage/freezer rooms...

Edited by PeteyBOI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also im a little torn apart about the assisted suicide how they put off the help for people that are in dire needs of the help... for 2 more years...

They only had to word the bill better to not scare people with moderate to severe mental Illness...

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Tell us again how the Left are the proponents of "cancel culture", PP fans.....

Was he cancelled and not allowed to speak?  No, he just got shit on after his visit because he sucks and nobody likes him

Another liquor tax incoming, just absolutely crippling the restaurant industry.  Tax tax tax 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Was he cancelled and not allowed to speak?  No, he just got shit on after his visit because he sucks and nobody likes him

Another liquor tax incoming, just absolutely crippling the restaurant industry.  Tax tax tax 

Charlebois predicts the tax will increase the price of a single beer by one cent, while the finance ministry told Global News in a statement that the amount would be three-quarters of a cent. Charlebois said that the price increase would be visible immediately after the tax is scheduled to be implemented on April 1.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9576344/canada-alcohol-tax-increase-explainer/

I can't help but notice that the people complaining about taxes are a lot of the same people bitching about the government not doing enough to help people buy houses, or find affordable rentals....

A bunch of problems for you guys to fix, but don't even think about asking taxpayers to pay for it....:classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Charlebois predicts the tax will increase the price of a single beer by one cent, while the finance ministry told Global News in a statement that the amount would be three-quarters of a cent. Charlebois said that the price increase would be visible immediately after the tax is scheduled to be implemented on April 1.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9576344/canada-alcohol-tax-increase-explainer/

Not to mention the shitting on happened on the business owner and the business, instead of the Rt.Hon. as that poster suggests (really calls into question that poster's reading comprehension capabilities). :classic_rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I know this may come as a shock, but taxes are one way of solving the deficit issue.

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not to mention the shitting on happened on the business owner and the business, instead of the Rt.Hon. as that poster suggests (really calls into question that poster's reading comprehension capabilities). :classic_rolleyes:

yeah I noticed Wiggy forgot that part. 

17 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

And yes this is EXACTLY what happens when someone is being "cancelled". The person being cancelled is still allow to speak but gets shit on because of what was said or done.

So it's basically "cancel culture" if someone you like gets "cancelled" but not "cancel culture" if someone you hate gets "cancelled". That's basically what's happening. Just a bunch of hypocrisy to blame either the left or the right when really both sides are doing it.

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And yes this is EXACTLY what happens when someone is being "cancelled". The person being cancelled is still allow to speak but gets shit on because of what was said or done.

So it's basically "cancel culture" if someone you like gets "cancelled" but not "cancel culture" if someone you hate gets "cancelled". That's basically what's happening. Just a bunch of hypocrisy to blame either the left or the right when really both sides are doing it.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

• Cheers 1