Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Good thing you came along Wiggums. A lot of these guys were nodding off. Good to go for a few more pages.

Guilty.

Luckily, my 8-Track of Lawrence Welk's Greatest Hits changed tracks and the noise snapped me out of it.....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Charlebois predicts the tax will increase the price of a single beer by one cent, while the finance ministry told Global News in a statement that the amount would be three-quarters of a cent. Charlebois said that the price increase would be visible immediately after the tax is scheduled to be implemented on April 1.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9576344/canada-alcohol-tax-increase-explainer/

It might not mean much to most, but this could add up real quickly for Alf...

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Nap time?

If I disliked a hockey player and said they don't belong in a man's league,  would that be considered sexism? 

Last time I checked women's hockey had a different set of rules.  Saying a player would be better suited to that rule set seems more reasonable than harping on a poster for their age, but that's just me.

It's worth noting that this article is from a publication that has little, (if anything) good to say about Justin Trudeau:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/agar-whining-conservatives-need-to-grow-up/ar-BB1ibgDI?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=8507fe840270471a81f265b335e5882f&ei=32

If you want to criticize Justin Trudeau, you’ll have to get behind me in line.

But some of you conservatives need to grow up.

CTV News reports, “An Ontario brewery that hosted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says it’s been inundated with hundreds of hateful messages since then.”

Trudeau visited the Brewer’s Pantry in Bowmanville, Ont. to show support for Robert Rock, the Liberal Party candidate for the Durham federal by-election.

Brewer’s Pantry posted on social media Friday: “I am not political. I am not a politician. I do not have thick skin. These are comments about my business that I am passionate about, and very proud of. Your comments and abusive phone calls hurt me.”

One user wrote on Facebook: “Small business owners in Bowmanville will not forget your stance. You are not one of us.”

To that person, I would say you don’t represent the entire business community. Don’t think so highly of yourself that you assume your hateful nature is that of everyone else.

Some of your fellow businesspeople are Liberals. Get over it.

You don’t have to like Trudeau – I certainly don’t – but if you are actually a business person I am surprised to learn you can survive if you will only do business with those with whom you agree.

And a note especially to those people who post such messages anonymously.

Man up. Don’t be a coward.

I like to think that one of the differences, as a generalization, between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives prefer to operate with the facts and liberals are overly emotional.

Too many liberal policies come from an emotional reaction, in my view.

But in this case, when conservatives start acting like spoiled four-year-olds, it is embarrassing to the team.

....and there you have it....a STFU from one of your own.....

39 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Nap time?

If I disliked a hockey player and said they don't belong in a man's league,  would that be considered sexism? 

Not likely, though some might question the choice of words and their implication.   But today's posts have been related to what you said; not what you didn't.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Satchmo said:

Not likely, though some might question the choice of words and their implication.   But today's posts have been related to what you said; not what you didn't.

So saying someone 60+ should be mature is wrong, saying two players are gutless cowards that belong in a woman's league instead of a men's league is okay.

Got it

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Last time I checked women's hockey had a different set of rules.  Saying a player would be better suited to that rule set seems more reasonable than harping on a poster for their age, but that's just me.

Funny thing is, the league I play in now has a similar set of rules to what the women use....

But with a few of those boys, if you said to what Wiggy said to their faces, you'd be eating through a straw for the next several weeks....

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

You've been whining about the same things in these threads for a decade 😆

Another insult/attack from the 60+ year old though.  Very mature of you, sir 

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

So saying someone 60+ should be mature is wrong, saying two players are gutless cowards that belong in a woman's league instead of a men's league is okay.

Got it

Clutching at straws Wiggs.

I note that yes, you did use the word 'mature'.     What was said just before that?

Just now, Satchmo said:

Clutching at straws Wiggs.

I note that yes, you did use the word 'mature'.     What was said just before that?

Huh?  Pointing out that someone their age should be more mature and not throw Insults?  I'm a bit confused here satchy 

32 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Funny thing is, the league I play in now has a similar set of rules to what the women use....

But with a few of those boys, if you said to what Wiggy said to their faces, you'd be eating through a straw for the next several weeks....

What did I say? 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tory-mp-still-in-hot-water-for-suggesting-first-nations-burned-down-treatment-plants/ar-BB1iaBNm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bf4f08d8a3654f17ba0ee032568ee3e2&ei=19

"

OTTAWA — A Cree community in Saskatchewan is demanding an apology from a Conservative MP after he said First Nations are burning down water treatment plants because they're frustrated with the Liberals.

Piapot First Nation Chief Mark Fox and his council say they reject Saskatchewan MP Kevin Waugh's statements as "grossly disrespectful," and are calling for a formal apology and retraction of his "baseless claims."

Waugh made the comments during debate on a First Nations water bill last week, leading to swift pushback from First Nations and the minister of Indigenous services.

"In my home province of Saskatchewan, I have seen reserves burn down water treatment plants because the Liberal government has done little or nothing," Waugh said, directing his comments toward Indigenous Services Minister Patty Hajdu.

He added there needs to be "education provided for people on reserve to operate these water treatment plants," and blamed the Liberals for not doing more.

A water plant in Carry the Kettle Nakoda Nation was damaged by a fire in 2019, and another in Piapot First Nation burned down in 2018.

Fox said investigations into the Piapot fire determined a propane leak as the cause. The 2019 blaze remains a mystery. 

Waugh's office walked back his remarks a few days later, conceding he was not familiar with any specific circumstances, but stopped short of an apology. 

----------------------------------------------More at link

• Thanks 1

^

"In my home province of Saskatchewan, I have seen reserves burn down water treatment plants because the Liberal government has done little or nothing," '

someone should check and see if he filed a report, or talked to the police- as he apparently saw it happen.

And not only did he see it happen, he apparently knows why it happened.

There you go RCMP- a witness, that can also provide motive.

Should be a slam dunk case.

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Yeah, wouldn't wanna get caught saying that to anyone who could kick my ass..😬

Correct. Knowing these guys as I do, I'd say that' s the best course of action....

The problem is, when you're on the ice, it's sometimes hard to tell who that might be. In my 50+ years of playing I've seen plenty of guys who don't look all that imposing, but could really chuck the knuckles.

My advice would be not to say something like that to anyone. That way, you won't get beat up and you won't be thought of as an asshole....

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

^

"In my home province of Saskatchewan, I have seen reserves burn down water treatment plants because the Liberal government has done little or nothing," '

someone should check and see if he filed a report, or talked to the police- as he apparently saw it happen.

And not only did he see it happen, he apparently knows why it happened.

There you go RCMP- a witness, that can also provide motive.

Should be a slam dunk case.

Saw that story earlier today....

Nothing like a little Monday morning racism to go with your coffee.....:classic_dry:

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Saw that story earlier today....

Nothing like a little Monday morning racism to go with your coffee.....:classic_dry:

its Saskatchewan. you might be surprised at how many people wouldn't have a problem with what he said. 

8 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Nooo, cancelled is not being allowed to speak at all, or something being taken away permanently.  Getting shit on is just getting shit on.  

Can uh....can you give me an example of something that has been canceled or someone who has been canceled on your side of things and what they said or did to be cancelled and why?

Just curious

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Is somebody shutting down the brewery?  Is somebody not letting Trudeau speak at any more breweries? 

You really don't understand the concept of "being cancelled"?

You uh....you understand it then bud?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/cancel-culture

cancel culture

a way of behaving in a society or group, especially on social media, in which it is common to completely reject and stop supporting someone because they have said or done something that offends you:

5 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Huh?  Pointing out that someone their age should be more mature and not throw Insults?  I'm a bit confused here satchy 

You are absolutely right, Trump (not to mention PP) should start acting his very advanced age. 

The Auditor General, in her own words...

The Auditor General did not mince words in her report on #ArriveCAN. On top of the fact that this app which should have only costed $80K ended up costing taxpayers at least $60M, here's what else she found: "Glaring disregard for basic management and contracting practices"; "Disappointing failures and omissions everywhere we looked"; "Accountability void"; and "Conflict of interest/bias around procurement decisions."