Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I always found it funny that the Minister for science and innovation when Harper was PM was a creationist.

Well Harper was a follower of some weird Christian sect so wasn't surprising. Honestly, he should have been jailed for this long ago...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A court of law has already determined that Trudeau broke the rules and that Trudeau violated people's constitutional rights...

Ottawa's use of Emergencies Act against convoy protests was unreasonable, violated Charter, court rules | CBC News

A federal judge says the Liberal government's use of the Emergencies Act in early 2022 to clear convoy protesters was unreasonable and infringed on protesters' Charter rights.

A court has also ruled that Donald Trump engaged in Insurrection and should be barred from running for the presidency in 2024....

Just curious as to whether you agree that the case is done and dusted and that Trump is guilty?

Edited by RupertKBD

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A court of law has already determined that Trudeau broke the rules and that Trudeau violated people's constitutional rights...

Ottawa's use of Emergencies Act against convoy protests was unreasonable, violated Charter, court rules | CBC News

A federal judge says the Liberal government's use of the Emergencies Act in early 2022 to clear convoy protesters was unreasonable and infringed on protesters' Charter rights.

Tell us again which people this was. 

I can provide a ton of lefty protests whose rights were violated in a similar way.

And if JT is at fault, then why are you not also including Ford as he agreed with JT?

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The CPC simply don't have anything better to offer. 

this is a subjective statement.

You prefer the carbon tax, higher gas and heating prices, others don't. 

You prefer liberal social ideologues, others don't 

You prefer a government who is willing to go against the charter and hold people financially hostage, others don't.

Etc

Edited by Wiggums

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

this is a subjective statement.

You prefer the carbon tax, higher gas and heating prices, others don't. 

You prefer liberal social ideologues, others don't 

You prefer a government who is willing to go against the charter and hold people financially hostage, others don't.

Etc

I'll ask you what I asked EP.  WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?????  HOW MANY?????   

Seriously, the people involved are not some average Jane or Joe who was minding their business, not doing anything even remotely illegal.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You prefer to choose morons and evangelicals to lead you, others don't.

Do you have something against Christians? 

Is Trudeau a genius?

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I'll ask you what I asked EP.  WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?????  HOW MANY?????   

Seriously, the people involved are not some average Jane or Joe who was minding their business, not doing anything even remotely illegal.

You want me to name all 200 of them?

Edited by Wiggums

16 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Yes I do have a problem with the ones trying to turn their so-called beliefs into law.

Is Trudeau a genius?

Compared to Skippy? Yes.

You want me to name all 200 of them?

Sure.

39 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Tell us again which people this was. 

I can provide a ton of lefty protests whose rights were violated in a similar way.

And if JT is at fault, then why are you not also including Ford as he agreed with JT?

I don't really like Ford either, so you can certainly lump him in together with Trudeau.  They should both resign in disgrace...

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You prefer to choose morons and evangelicals to lead you, others don't.

28 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

He said evangelical; not Christian.   Please don't pretend the two are the same despite some obvious similarities.

• Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

A court has also ruled that Donald Trump engaged in Insurrection and should be barred from running for the presidency in 2024....

Just curious as to whether you agree that the case is done and dusted and that Trump is guilty?

Sorry, which case are you referring to?  There are like 5 or 6 trials going on at the same time.  Are you asking me if Bone Spurs should be allowed to run in the next election?  Of course not, but it seems that is the likely scenario as the trials get delayed and postponed.  Which is why I keep saying that the Democrats shouldn't be hanging their hats on the old man with dementia.  They will most likely do the switcheroo at some point before the Democratic national convention...

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sorry, which case are you referring to?  There are like 5 or 6 trials going on at the same time.  Are you asking me if Bone Spurs should be allowed to run in the next election?  Of course not, but it seems that is the likely scenario as the trials get delayed and postponed.  Which is why I keep saying that the Democrats shouldn't be hanging their hats on the old man with dementia.  They will most likely do the switcheroo at some point before the Democratic national convention...

I'm asking if you believe that the Colorado court decision means the case is decided, or if there is more to come? AFAIK, there is only one case seeking to keep him off the ballot.

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm asking if you believe that the Colorado court decision means the case is decided, or if there is more to come? AFAIK, there is only one case seeking to keep him off the ballot.

Isn't that case in front of the Supreme Court?  If so, I guess there is still more to come is there not?

And if your question is in relation to Trudeau's appeal to the Court of Appeals, I was simply responding that a "court" did rule he violated people's charter rights.  Obviously if the Candian Supreme Court rules differently than Trudeau will be vindicated, will he not?

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't that case in front of the Supreme Court?  If so, I guess there is still more to come is there not?

And if your question is in relation to Trudeau's appeal to the Court of Appeals, I was simply responding that a "court" did rule he violated people's charter rights.  Obviously if the Candian Supreme Court rules differently than Trudeau will be vindicated, will he not?

Right. But that's what @Satchmo was saying and you knew that, so I have to wonder what was the point of even posting it.

This is what the right wing has done to Canada

Ontario brewery flooded with hateful emails, reviews, after Trudeau visit

https://canoe.com/news/local-news/bowmanville-brewery-flooded-with-hateful-emails-reviews-after-trudeau-visit/wcm/4a0522c0-364a-4b90-81e6-b5542a065597

Last night we had the honour of hosting the prime minister of Canada at the Brewer’s Pantry. He came to Bowmanville to support the Robert Rock campaign. Our venue was asked to host as we are welcoming to all, and supportive of our community. Our support of small batch Ontario beer and craft beverages was highlighted many times leading up to and during the event. Our pride was overflowing and we posted a picture last night to share with our Pantry family.

Since this post, we have received an incredible amount of hatred from our so called ‘community’. People that have never supported or visited us before, of course. We have received 100’s of hate comments on our social media. Dozens of negative google reviews. Countless offensive emails. Phone calls, at all hours of night.

I am not political. I am not a politician. I do not have thick skin. These are comments about my business that I am passionate about, and very proud of. Your comments and abusive phone calls hurt me. Your attempts to bring down my google reviews hurt my reputation.

We welcome everyone at the pantry and if you’ve actually visited us, you would feel our love, friendship, and pure pleasure that you chose to spend your time with us. We love everyone that comes through our door and wishes us well. If you want to have a party here we would be glad to host you.

To have the leader of our country visit our store and love the beer, our staff and the concept of our business is something that I’m proud of. I had a great conversation with him about our selection and why we choose to support only small batch brew. He applauded what we do.

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

OnOntariotario brewery flooded with hateful emails, reviews, after Trudeau visit

https://canoe.com/news/local-news/bowmanville-brewery-flooded-with-hateful-emails-reviews-after-trudeau-visit/wcm/4a0522c0-364a-4b90-81e6-b5542a065597

Last night we had the honour of hosting the prime minister of Canada at the Brewer’s Pantry. He came to Bowmanville to support the Robert Rock campaign. Our venue was asked to host as we are welcoming to all, and supportive of our community. Our support of small batch Ontario beer and craft beverages was highlighted many times leading up to and during the event. Our pride was overflowing and we posted a picture last night to share with our Pantry family.

Since this post, we have received an incredible amount of hatred from our so called ‘community’. People that have never supported or visited us before, of course. We have received 100’s of hate comments on our social media. Dozens of negative google reviews. Countless offensive emails. Phone calls, at all hours of night.

I am not political. I am not a politician. I do not have thick skin. These are comments about my business that I am passionate about, and very proud of. Your comments and abusive phone calls hurt me. Your attempts to bring down my google reviews hurt my reputation.

We welcome everyone at the pantry and if you’ve actually visited us, you would feel our love, friendship, and pure pleasure that you chose to spend your time with us. We love everyone that comes through our door and wishes us well. If you want to have a party here we would be glad to host you.

To have the leader of our country visit our store and love the beer, our staff and the concept of our business is something that I’m proud of. I had a great conversation with him about our selection and why we choose to support only small batch brew. He applauded what we do.

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Or maybe it's what Trudeau has done to Canada

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Or maybe it's what Trudeau has done to Canada

T.A.W. was commenting on the response.  Dislike for sitting politicians has always been around and always will.   But the response was straight out of the MAGA handbook.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Right. But that's what @Satchmo was saying and you knew that, so I have to wonder what was the point of even posting it.

No, he didn't mention the Supreme Court, he said the "court".  A court has already ruled, so he was technically incorrect.

Also, for someone who doesn't vote Liberal you seem to do alot of "defending" of Trudeau.  Even moreso that his ex-wife...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, he didn't mention the Supreme Court, he said the "court".  A court has already ruled, so he was technically incorrect.

Also, for someone who doesn't vote Liberal you seem to do alot of "defending" of Trudeau.  Even moreso that his ex-wife...

Will you ever forgive me for my terrible mistake?

• Haha 1