Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

So supporting the Conservative Party is twisted lol?

Wanting lower cost of living and affordable housing is twisted ?? 

Lol

A lot of us want that. 

What do you think about the idea of removing authority from municipalities for housing development?

• Upvote 1

This government (provincial and federal, ndp and libs are cut from the same cloth) are bullish and lack common sense.

Have any of you heard about the water regulations on farmers in the southern interior? Telling farmers who run off aquifer wells to shut off their water and kill their crops in the name of climate change and river levels/drought conditions.

Where underground aquifers don't Have anything to do with river levels or salmon habitat.

I encourage the left mob in here to watch these videos on YouTube.

"Stolen water" and " stolen water 2"

Soon there will be a stolen water 3, this story is near my heart as I used to live in this region and my wife's family is in the video.

This is an example of government over reach that would not happen in a conservative led country or province.

I know it's easy to keep your head in the sand when you live in the city and shop at the grocery store but believe it or not food does not magically appear at the grocery store.

Stolen water 1 and 2, watch it and ask yourself how you can support the totalitarian regime that is this liberal/ndp coalition government or the bc ndp.

And no coverage from the mainstream media either... of course.

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Trudeau supports left-wing protests?  Where?  Certainly not pipeline protests.  Pride shouldn't be one.  Every Child Matters shouldn't be one.  BLM is definitely a left-wing protest, but also should not have been one.

Your literal first post here was talking about how you don't care what anyone else thinks.  You went and made some outlandish statements (worst ever!) and then you kept saying crazy shit every time you made another post.  You were never interested in backing your views or even taking us seriously, so of course we aren't going to waste much brainpower arguing with you.

I was generalizing the broad spectrum. You don’t see a normal person with a normal job standing outside a school protesting something new every other month. The normal Canadians have their lives to occupy them. Most of these wingnuts on either side have nothing better to do with their time. Both sides worried about what isn’t or is taught at school when in reality kids don’t give a sh!t lol. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Remember when gas was cheap lol wonder who was in charge across the border 

Remember when oil was $142.00 a barrel and we had the same providers with less overall supply and production, but gas was only $1.45 a litre?

Remember when it wasn't so obvious that corporate pricing was screwing people over ?

Funny how things change 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Remember when oil was $142.00 a barrel and we had the same providers with less overall supply and production, but gas was only $1.45 a litre?

Remember when it wasn't so obvious that corporate pricing was screwing people over ?

Funny how things change 

Nah trump called it though. If Biden got in they’d be paying 7 or more a gallon. Cause if you phase out fossil fuels that’s what happens 

4 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

This government (provincial and federal, ndp and libs are cut from the same cloth) are bullish and lack common sense.

Have any of you heard about the water regulations on farmers in the southern interior? Telling farmers who run off aquifer wells to shut off their water and kill their crops in the name of climate change and river levels/drought conditions.

Where underground aquifers don't Have anything to do with river levels or salmon habitat.

Soon there will be a stolen water 3, this story is near my heart as I used to live in this region and my wife's family is in the video.

This is an example of government over reach that would not happen in a conservative led country or province.

I know it's easy to keep your head in the sand when you live in the city and shop at the grocery store but believe it or not food does not magically appear at the grocery store.

Stolen water 1 and 2, watch it and ask yourself how you can support the totalitarian regime that is this liberal/ndp coalition government or the bc ndp.

Why do you keep referring to Liberal minded thoughts as “left mob”? Where are you getting that term from? 

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Lol....oh gods...hahahaha

Ok cupcake.  Nobody on aquifers with that water classification on Agri land has been told to do anything more than monitor their usage and have seasonal soundings of aquifer depth.

I work hand in hand with numerous farms and wineries in the southern interior and grew up on a pear/plum orchard in keremeos.  Your story doesn't wash.

Much if the issues of stolen water are created by and largely by the former BC liberal/socred/alliance party selling massive amounts of usage to companies like Nestle for decades.

Farmers lost access to draw in aquifers due to contracts signed with bad intentions.  The ALR is one of the few things protecting our food security.  The moment we stop protecting what available farmland we have is the moment we give up.  We'd be trucking almost all of our produce in from California and Mexico 3 out of 4 seasons.

Totalitarian?  I dare you to define it because you're out in a field right now 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

If you ever actually read their platform, (I doubt you have)

Where is it?

I've looked.

All I find are pamphlets and sound bites full of platitudes.

And your whole " Things will just get better" is intriguing, but you provide no proof other that either 'trust me" or "that's what I think"

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Nah trump called it though. If Biden got in they’d be paying 7 or more a gallon. Cause if you phase out fossil fuels that’s what happens 

Nah, Trump called it?

Huh?

Have you seen what US production levels are right now compared to 3 years ago?

Using Trump as a barometer here is highly suspect to your knowledge of the subject 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A lot of us want that. 

What do you think about the idea of removing authority from municipalities for housing development?

It’s too complex. Saskatchewan towns and Vancouver area for example could never follow the same rules. 

The only solution is to drive down inflation so the bank of Canada can lower interest rates. This needs to happen within 3 years or we will see an economic meltdown of biblical proportions. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

So supporting the Conservative Party is twisted lol?

Wanting lower cost of living and affordable housing is twisted ?? 

Lol

Not standing up for your beliefs is weak.  It's very weak.

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Canada's federal carbon pricing system has two components: a charge added to carbon-based fossil fuels like gasoline and home heating oil, and a separate system for industries, based on emissions output.

*grumbles*

"Provinces and territories can implement their own system for either fuel or industrial emissions output, for both or for neither. The federal government’s standards apply when a province or territory chooses not to implement their own plans."

"British Columbia, New Brunswick, the Northwest Territories and Quebec have their own independent plans for both parts."

https://cupe.ca/federal-carbon-price-going-what-does-mean-you

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I was generalizing the broad spectrum. You don’t see a normal person with a normal job standing outside a school protesting something new every other month. The normal Canadians have their lives to occupy them. Most of these wingnuts on either side have nothing better to do with their time. Both sides worried about what isn’t or is taught at school when in reality kids don’t give a sh!t lol. 

I can tell you firsthand that this week's protests and the policies of some provinces (especially Higgs in NB) have profoundly affected some of these kids.

My rule is to never generalize.  If I ever have to, I'll preface it with a disclaimer.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol....oh gods...hahahaha

Ok cupcake.  Nobody on aquifers with that water classification on Agri land has been told to do anything more than monitor their usage and have seasonal soundings of aquifer depth.

I work hand in hand with numerous farms and wineries in the southern interior and grew up on a pear/plum orchard in keremeos.  Your story doesn't wash.

Much if the issues of stolen water are created by and largely by the former BC liberal/socred/alliance party selling massive amounts of usage to companies like Nestle for decades.

Farmers lost access to draw in aquifers due to contracts signed with bad intentions.  The ALR is one of the few things protecting our food security.  The moment we stop protecting what available farmland we have is the moment we give up.  We'd be trucking almost all of our produce in from California and Mexico 3 out of 4 seasons.

Totalitarian?  I dare you to define it because you're out in a field right now 

Watch the 3 documentaries in the  link I posted .

I don't believe a word of that cause I've seen and experienced it first hand

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Increase production 

So aside from the US slow downs and reduction of production through covid when there was nowhere to store supply from may 2020 through mid 2021 this is what the year over year production levels of the US look like 

Kinda looks like outside of the covid years Biden is producing more than Trump.  

It's interesting how facts never seem good bedfellows with opinions 

Screenshot_20230924-104826.png

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Not standing up for your beliefs is weak.  It's very weak.

*grumbles*

"Provinces and territories can implement their own system for either fuel or industrial emissions output, for both or for neither. The federal government’s standards apply when a province or territory chooses not to implement their own plans."

"British Columbia, New Brunswick, the Northwest Territories and Quebec have their own independent plans for both parts."

https://cupe.ca/federal-carbon-price-going-what-does-mean-you

I can tell you firsthand that this week's protests and the policies of some provinces (especially Higgs in NB) have profoundly affected some of these kids.

My rule is to never generalize.  If I ever have to, I'll preface it with a disclaimer.

Lmao what is weak? Because I have other things to do that post research over things that are in our every day lives.

So it's OK to call me weak? 

🤣 

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Watch the 3 documentaries in the  link I posted .

I don't believe a word of that cause I've seen and experienced it first hand

This is my literal background.

Your anecdotal statements and links to YouTube videos with only half the story and claims of the NDP or the feds being totalitarian are hilarious though.

I adore when people open their mouths about stuff they only have 10% of the story about like they're an absolute authority 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

This is my literal background.

Your anecdotal statements and links to YouTube videos with only half the story and claims of the NDP or the feds being totalitarian are hilarious though.

I adore when people open their mouths about stuff they only have 10% of the story about like they're an absolute authority 

Just watch the videos smart guy

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Lmao what is weak? Because I have other things to do that post research over things that are in our every day lives.

So it's OK to call me weak? 

🤣 

You walked in here with earplugs and then cried victim when everyone called you out.  Nobody's taking you seriously because you had no intention of actually defending yourself.