Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

The left's number one play is to cancel and silence differing views.  The left contains the more fragile, sensitive types

Nah.....that's our number 5 or 6 play.....

Our number one play is talking about how Justin Trudeau is the greatest PM since Pierre Trudeau, while ordering Soy Latte's from the comfort of our Prius....

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

You guys?   
Please tell me what side I’m on

Judging from our post history and one to one discussions it would seem you and I have often been on opposite sides.  What side am I on?

EDIT:  besides that - don't be smug and arrogant.  You know what I meant.

Edited by Satchmo

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Nah.....that's our number 5 or 6 play.....

Our number one play is talking about how Justin Trudeau is the greatest PM since Pierre Trudeau, while ordering Soy Latte's from the comfort of our Prius....

It's been awhile since some of you have been out for a beer with the boys, if ever.  I could tell you that for free

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

It's been awhile since some of you have been out for a beer with the boys, if ever.  I could tell you that for free

Too many beers with the boys might be causing the affordability problems that PP and his supporters are whining about.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Judging from our post history and one to one discussions it would seem you and I have often been on opposite sides.  What side am I on?

EDIT:  besides that - don't be smug and arrogant.  You know what I meant.

I don’t give a fuck what side you are on.  Hahaha

Ibe never made the assumption you are on either, unlike yourself.  

I’ve voted Liberal my whole life until the last election which I just couldn’t bring myself to vote for any of them. 
I side with the liberal for most things, except fiscally. 
Having said that, I do find the folks that side with the libs to be absolutely insufferable.  
Not all obviously, but more than the cons, which usually come off as very……non informed 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Yesterday after work for me. Can't speak for anyone else.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Too many beers with the boys might be causing the affordability problems that PP and his supporters are whining about.

You think BC is affordable for the average family?

It’s only PP and his supporters that feel that way?   

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I don’t give a fuck what side you are on.  Hahaha

Ibe never made the assumption you are on either, unlike yourself.  

I’ve voted Liberal my whole life until the last election which I just couldn’t bring myself to vote for any of them. 
I side with the liberal for most things, except fiscally. 
Having said that, I do find the folks that side with the libs to be absolutely insufferable.  
Not all obviously, but more than the cons, which usually come off as very……non informed 

As I said, you are outnumbered. 🙂

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sometimes hard choices have to be made, King....

Luckily for all of us, PP will probably kill any new taxes on booze. I'll save a nickel on my $8 pint of craft IPA and Wiggy will save a quarter on his case of Lucky....

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I disagree.  
If you lined up everybody that participates in this thread, 80% would have Trudy on their breath 

I disagree.

Very recently, only two, maybe three,  people voiced their like for JT after hearing a bunch of libs saying it was time for him to go.   More than 80% have voiced their hatred/distrust for PP though.

13 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

You think BC is affordable for the average family?

It’s only PP and his supporters that feel that way?   

I do pretty ok and I'm far from a high tax bracket.  I just don't waste money on crap I don't need.  Personal responsibility instead of blaming the government for everything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I do pretty ok and I'm far from a high tax bracket.  I just don't waste money on crap I don't need.  Personal responsibility instead of blaming the government for everything.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10071127/canadian-households-financial-difficulties/

1 in 3 Canadians are living in households with financial difficulties: StatCan

Soo 1 in every 3 people is not personally responsible according to you?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I do great, but it takes a real asshole to say 8$ for a head of lettuce is just fine and affordable for all.  
lol.  
This province/country is out of control.  

I bought a townhouse in Langley for 499k in 2019.  
I will easily get 900k for it now.  
Is that affordable for anyone?   

900k for a townhouse is stupid.  
Not to mention my mortgage went up 800$ a month when we renewed.  
That kind of jump would ruin a lot of families.  

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10071127/canadian-households-financial-difficulties/

1 in 3 Canadians are living in households with financial difficulties: StatCan

Soo 1 in every 3 people is not personally responsible according to you?

Things are bad without question.   Some might even say broken.  What I have yet to hear are any believable answers as to how we will improve things.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Things are bad without question.   Some might even say broken.  What I have yet to hear are any believable answers as to how we will improve things.

Which is fair but my response is to a post with immense entitlement completely ignoring facts

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Which is fair but my response is to a post with immense entitlement completely ignoring facts

True.  I should have noticed you were responding to my much liked but seldom agreed with pal Mr. Heffy.

23 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Thats fine with you?  1 in 3 Canadians are struggling because of insane prices.  

So, preferring JT over PP means we're "fine" with people living in poverty?

What was all that about making assumptions?

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So, preferring JT over PP means we're "fine" with people living in poverty?

What was all that about making assumptions?

Wtf are you talking about? 
I didn’t say anything close to that whatsoever. 

Edited by D.B Cooper

BTW, as @Satchmo pointed out, we've yet to hear how the Cons are going to fix the poverty issue. I've also asked for that information on several occasions, but gotten nothing in response, other than rehashed criticisms of Trudeau.

My experience is that Conservative governments generally cut taxes and social programs. I'm curious to know how that would help lower income folks in Canada.....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1