Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Wtf are you talking about? 
I didn’t say anything close to that whatsoever. 

No? :classic_huh:

This you?

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Thats fine with you?  1 in 3 Canadians are struggling because of insane prices.  

53 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I disagree.  
If you lined up everybody that participates in this thread, 80% would have Trudy on their breath 

This one hits a little strange to me. Earlier you said that you find the folks who side with the libs insufferable then you call 80% of us knoblickers.

Kind of sounds like a definition of insufferable, no?

• Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

BTW, as @Satchmo pointed out, we've yet to hear how the Cons are going to fix the poverty issue. I've also asked for that information on several occasions, but gotten nothing in response, other than rehashed criticisms of Trudeau.

My experience is that Conservative governments generally cut taxes and social programs. I'm curious to know how that would help lower income folks in Canada.....

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say PP is fixing anything.  

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, as @Satchmo pointed out, we've yet to hear how the Cons are going to fix the poverty issue. I've also asked for that information on several occasions, but gotten nothing in response, other than rehashed criticisms of Trudeau.

My experience is that Conservative governments generally cut taxes and social programs. I'm curious to know how that would help lower income folks in Canada.....

That's the thing...They don't.

25 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Thats fine with you?  1 in 3 Canadians are struggling because of insane prices.  

My question to you is this: what is the plan, the actual plan, that your favourite party has that will solve this problem. I want to hear the solution to the problem, not just the problem itself.

Otherwise, a statistic is just a statistic. Playing the blame games means jack shit.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Which is fair but my response is to a post with immense entitlement completely ignoring facts

The original comment that started this line of discussion was a response to a suggestion that people hadn't gone out for enough beers with the boys.  If one is going out for beers with the boys frequently and then complaining they're having trouble making ends meet and blaming the government, they're barking up the wrong tree.  

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, RupertKBD said:

No? :classic_huh:

This you?

Where did I say anything about PP of Trudy?    
I asked if he is ok with the fact that 1-3 are struggling.  
It wasn’t a loaded question.  

It’s nice to see you are just out for an argument. 
What else are you gonna add to what I didn’t say?

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Ok, what are they doing to help themselves instead of blaming the government? 

There's such a thing as people with disabilities. And I think it's pretty well proven that the cost of living has gone up at a faster rate than wages for most positions.

It's reasonable to expect the government does something. Not everyone struggling is a personal failure or even necessarily able to improve their lot without assistance. What people are doing to help themselves is use food banks and take out pay day loans.

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

My question to you is this: what is the plan, the actual plan, that your favourite party has that will solve this problem. I want to hear the solution to the problem, not just the problem itself.

Otherwise, a statistic is just a statistic. Playing the blame games means jack shit.

I don’t have a favourite party as my previous fav has turned to shit.  
I’m also not a politician or claiming to have a plan to fix the problem.  

Do you fucking guys even know what you are arguing anymore?

hahahaha

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well, I've sure seen a lot of cheerleading for a guy who isn't going to fix anything.....:classic_unsure:

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The original comment that started this line of discussion was a response to a suggestion that people hadn't gone out for enough beers with the boys.  If one is going out for beers with the boys frequently and then complaining they're having trouble making ends meet and blaming the government, they're barking up the wrong tree.  

Hahaha wow.  Wtf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Where did I say anything about PP of Trudy?    
I asked if he is ok with the fact that 1-3 are struggling.  
It wasn’t a loaded question.  

It’s nice to see you are just out for an argument. 
What else are you gonna add to what I didn’t say?

Well then I have to wonder what you're doing here....:classic_unsure:

If you don't think the Conservatives will be an improvement, are you just here to complain about the current state of things? That's fine if you are, but most of the people doing so are hoping for a change in government.....and there really only is one alternative to the current one.

Advocates worry federal disability benefit program won't be fully funded in upcoming budget

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/concerns-federal-government-fully-fund-disability-benefit-in-budget-1.7111031

This is a shame because this benefit has the potential to do a lot of good in raising people out of poverty.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I don’t have a favourite party as my previous fav has turned to shit.  
I’m also not a politician or claiming to have a plan to fix the problem.  

Do you fucking guys even know what you are arguing anymore?

hahahaha

I don't have a favourite party either. I saw your attack with a statistic and wanted to know if you had a party with a stance on it. You seemed adamant on attacking with that statistic so I thought you might have an idea more than just an attack.

Sorry for giving you more credit than you deserved I guess. You seem more wrapped up in a "me against them" battle rather than an actual smart debate. lol

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If you don't think the Conservatives will be an improvement, are you just here to complain about the current state of things? That's fine if you are, but most of the people doing so are hoping for a change in government.....and there really only is one alternative to the current one.

It's called a discussion.

You wouldn't know that though because this entire thread is a circle jerk shitting on anything that isn't liberal 

• Cheers 1

I’m here because you clearly have a problem with me being here. 

1 minute ago, 112 said:

There's such a thing as people with disabilities. And I think it's pretty well proven that the cost of living has gone up at a faster rate than wages for most positions.

It's reasonable to expect the government does something. Not everyone struggling is a personal failure or even necessarily able to improve their lot without assistance. What people are doing to help themselves is use food banks and take out pay day loans.

And I'm all for helping those people more.  It's important to differentiate between people who can't help themselves and people who won't help themselves though, and the 1/3 statistic doesn't take that into account.  I just don't want people who genuinely can cut expenses and make more money to cry wolf and make it harder to help those who genuinely need assistance.

I dunno.....seems like a bit of gaslighting going on ITT.....A lot of, "This country is broken" and "people are living in poverty"......:frantic:

.....yet, from some o those same people.... "How dare you suggest I like the other guys!" :classic_angry:

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

It's called a discussion.

You wouldn't know that though because this entire thread is a circle jerk shitting on anything that isn't liberal 

Is that what it's called? :classic_huh:

Looks like a lot of whingeing, with a dash of playing the victim to me....