Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

35 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

What do you mean how were things worsened?  We shut down..stores closed, people were laid off/fired, supply chain issues, prices went up, there were less places to live, people became homeless, lack of healthcare, lack of mental rehabilitation resources.   

Campbell River used to be clean and safe with no homeless but is has become a tent city.  13 year olds are overdosing, businesses are being burglarized or being shit and spat on by people hopped up on drugs that our government supplies them.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

Covid is politicized so none of this will matter to anybody here.  People who made themselves unhealthy were hogging hospital space but someone skeptical of a vaccine that was rushed into the forefront to battle a virus that came from some weird lab in China are to blame?  We can only blame right wing anti vaxxers for not sticking their thumbs up their bums every time the government tells them to like the left does.  

No not only people in their 80-90's but the majority.  Meanwhile, supply chain issues and soaring prices has caused millions of children in poor countries to become malnourished and/or dead.  

Well that's one way to describe things I suppose.   I've had enough of this pointless conversation for now and will start focusing on tonight's game.

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Why are people so mad that a bunch of able bodied truckers didn't want to be forced to take a Vax for a virus that kills people in their 80's and 90's? 

Imagine destroying an entire economy for years to come, letting people go from their jobs, causing extreme poverty, drug use and homeless issues and causing mass divisiveness over a virus that kills people at the average age of 82....life expectancy age on the dot

Most people taking up hospital beds were obese.  Am I allowed to be mad at people who knowingly destroyed their bodies over the years and then took up resources when a pandemic came along?  

Because it was very selfish. It's literally the least one can do.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

What do you mean how were things worsened?  We shut down..stores closed, people were laid off/fired, supply chain issues, prices went up, there were less places to live, people became homeless, lack of healthcare, lack of mental rehabilitation resources.   

Campbell River used to be clean and safe with no homeless but is has become a tent city.  13 year olds are overdosing, businesses are being burglarized or being shit and spat on by people hopped up on drugs that our government supplies them.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

Covid is politicized so none of this will matter to anybody here.  People who made themselves unhealthy were hogging hospital space but someone skeptical of a vaccine that was rushed into the forefront to battle a virus that came from some weird lab in China are to blame?  We can only blame right wing anti vaxxers for not sticking their thumbs up their bums every time the government tells them to like the left does.  

No not only people in their 80-90's but the majority.  Meanwhile, supply chain issues and soaring prices has caused millions of children in poor countries to become malnourished and/or dead.  

And you blame the Government .....or is it the governments worldwide?

My life didn't change at all during Covid except I could not go to a pub.

You really are detached from reality.

Tent city's were happening long before Covid.

Lack of mental rehabilitation resources?  You can blame BC's right wing Government for that.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Why are people so mad that a bunch of able bodied truckers didn't want to be forced to take a Vax for a virus that kills people in their 80's and 90's? 

Imagine destroying an entire economy for years to come, letting people go from their jobs, causing extreme poverty, drug use and homeless issues and causing mass divisiveness over a virus that kills people at the average age of 82....life expectancy age on the dot

Most people taking up hospital beds were obese.  Am I allowed to be mad at people who knowingly destroyed their bodies over the years and then took up resources when a pandemic came along?  

It's literally the reason for, and how, and why we have a "society". A society that includes 80 and 90 year olds (and other at risk groups) by the way. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Here is the breakdown for deaths from COVID in Canada up until February 10, 2024:

Total deaths:  37,601

Age breakdown:

0-11 = 59

12-19 = 22

20-29 = 136

30-39 = 339

40-49 = 712

50-59 = 1860

60-69 = 4416

70-79 = 8308

80+ = 21,749

So, roughly 80% of all deaths were people over the age of 70 and roughly 97% of all deaths were people over the age of 50...

COVID-19 epidemiology update: Current situation — Canada.ca

So....too bad, so sad for the 3000 or so others?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder if he'd be willing to trade his relatives for someone on that list?

This sort of thing pisses me off. These right wing assholes are so callous that they honestly feel their "right" to do whatever the fuck they want supersedes the lives of others because they happen to be elderly and might be not in the best of health.

How much of a heartless prick do you have to be to have a worldview like that?

• Vintage 4

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

some people look at that number and think it isn't so bad--- but they seem to forget it would have been a fuck of a lot worse, if restrictions had not been in place.

In fact these low numbers show just how good a job was done in fighting a potentially fatal disease.

tldr- the low numbers mean the governments strategy worked.

It's one of the most repulsive things the anti vaxxers use to "prove" their pov.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

This sort of thing pisses me off. These right wing assholes are so callous that they honestly feel their "right" to do whatever the fuck they want supersedes the lives of others because they happen to be elderly and might be not in the best of health.

How much of a heartless prick do you have to be to have a worldview like that?

Ask poilievre and wiggy.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, every death is terrible…

Really? Because your earlier post made it seem like the death of old people is not as terrible as it is forcing some dickwad to wear a mask, or get vaccinated....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

And you blame the Government .....or is it the governments worldwide?

My life didn't change at all during Covid except I could not go to a pub.

You really are detached from reality.

Tent city's were happening long before Covid.

Lack of mental rehabilitation resources?  You can blame BC's right wing Government for that.

Your life didn't change?  It did though, you pay a lot more for everything now.  Literally everything

I'm detached from reality?  Tent cities in large places like Vancouver, yes, there were no tents in C.R prior to covid.  Like what are you trying to say?  Homelessness isn't spiking?   How am I the one detached? https://bc.ctvnews.ca/more-homeless-people-in-b-c-are-dying-than-ever-coroner-s-report-says-1.6688944

https://globalnews.ca/news/9357528/canada-homeless-encampments-housing-first-approach/

B.C left wing government decriminalized drugs and the crisis is now worse than ever.  They are trying to copy the failed Portland/Cali blueprint.  The left has destroyed these places.  They are tent city overpriced shitholes now

People weren't walking around in Campbell River homeless shooting up with needles and smoking crack pipes in front of stores before covid.  I've lived here my whole life and I work right downtown.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Your life didn't change?  It did though, you pay a lot more for everything now.  Literally everything

I'm detached from reality?  Tent cities in large places like Vancouver, yes, there were no tents in C.R prior to covid.  Like what are you trying to say?  Homelessness isn't spiking?   How am I the one detached? https://bc.ctvnews.ca/more-homeless-people-in-b-c-are-dying-than-ever-coroner-s-report-says-1.6688944

https://globalnews.ca/news/9357528/canada-homeless-encampments-housing-first-approach/

B.C left wing government decriminalized drugs and the crisis is now worse than ever.  They are trying to copy the failed Portland/Cali blueprint.  The left has destroyed these places.  They are tent city overpriced shitholes now

People weren't walking around in Campbell River homeless shooting up with needles and smoking crack pipes in front of stores before covid.  I've lived here my whole life and I work right downtown.

You are simplifying things to a ridiculous level.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Really? Because your earlier post made it seem like the death of old people is not as terrible as it is forcing some dickwad to wear a mask, or get vaccinated....

Odd that you derived that sentiment from a post that simply showed stats from Canada.ca and then a breakdown of the deaths as related to the question asked.  Also, not sure what wearing a mask or getting vaccinated had to do with my post.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not even sticking up for the guy it's just weird how dramatic and completely off base some here are.

Literally all he did was post some stats lol, he didn't say or do anything remotely close to what you are accusing him of.  

Edited by Wiggums
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Oh fuck you...like you weren't posting those numbers to back up wiggy's claim....:classic_dry:

FTR...my mom survived Covid even though she was in her 80's despite the bitching and whining from assholes like you and @Wiggums

Again with their "who me?" routine. It's cowardly.

• Thanks 2

I don't even GAF anymore....

I lasted almost 20 years between CDC and CFF, despite dealing with some of the biggest pricks the internet had to offer.....

But you two scumbags and your callous disregard of the lives of my mom and millions more like her, have pushed me over the edge. @Ribs or @Sharpshooter can go ahead and ban me. I can't sit by and see this sort of shit go unchallenged....:classic_angry:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I lasted almost 20 years between CDC and CFF, despite dealing with some of the biggest pricks the internet had to offer.....

But you two scumbags and your callous disregard of the lives of my mom and millions more like her, have pushed me over the edge. @Ribs or @Sharpshooter can go ahead and ban me. I can't sit by and see this sort of shit go unchallenged....:classic_angry:

Fwiw, I fully support you on this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Fuck it.  You are 100% right about them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1