Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Below is another view on the whole thing.   I'm not condoning this event or how it was handled.  It's bad. How bad seems to depend on who is describing it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/winnipeg-lab-firing-documents-released-china-1.7129815

Edited by Satchmo

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If only P.P was 'security' cleared; then he would know what was going on.

So what is going on that we apparently don’t know about?  Dangerous viruses being sent to China from a Winnipeg lab. Two Chinese scientists fired. Documents redacted to cover up. Wanna share what I’m missing here?

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Below is another view on the whole thing.   I'm not condoning this event or how it was handled.  It's bad. How bad seems to depend on who is describing it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/winnipeg-lab-firing-documents-released-china-1.7129815

So Trudeau is claiming that this is all a conspiracy theory?   🤣

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So Trudeau is claiming that this is all a conspiracy theory?   🤣

Trudeau is rightly claiming that political points are being made via some voiced exaggerations and speculations. 

Again, I do not condone this.   I just think it's being incorrectly described,  just as it was in a post of yours above  that I am just about to reply to.

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So what is going on that we apparently don’t know about?  Dangerous viruses being sent to China from a Winnipeg lab. Two Chinese scientists fired. Documents redacted to cover up. Wanna share what I’m missing here?

I don't know- shame we can't just ask P.P. isn't it?

Can you give examples of dangerous goods sent to China?  I thought it was scientific information that was leaked.

The documents were not redacted as part of a coverup.  The documents were redacted to protect national security.   It seems like there was an effort to hide the redacted docs, but not really as you describe it.

Stephen Ellis grills Mark Holland on the PLA bio weapon agents in the Winnipeg Bio 4 lab.

These viruses and the techniques used to manipulate them can be far more dangerous than a nuclear bomb.

#1 The people the CCP / PLA put in our lab were actively working on PLA bio weapons programs.

#2 Why were CCP / PLA students allowed in the lab and given enhanced security clearance? This went against the agreements we had signed with International security partners.

#3 Since when were Ebola outbreaks in China, an ongoing issue?

Our Government left us wide open to attacks from inside the lab. They left the world in grave danger from attacks using the technical knowledge we provided the CCP / PLA and whatever they managed to steal from us.

Every sane person knew in 2019 the CCP / PLA could not be trusted. Yet our Government allowed them to do all of this anyways, for political support in Canada.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://x.com/bruce_mcgonigal/status/1763349564185010564?s=46&t=73lJcuHzDVbcBrjwOtjAwg

Stephen Ellis grills Mark Holland on the PLA bio weapon agents in the Winnipeg Bio 4 lab.

These viruses and the techniques used to manipulate them can be far more dangerous than a nuclear bomb.

#1 The people the CCP / PLA put in our lab were actively working on PLA bio weapons programs.

#2 Why were CCP / PLA students allowed in the lab and given enhanced security clearance? This went against the agreements we had signed with International security partners.

#3 Since when were Ebola outbreaks in China, an ongoing issue?

Our Government left us wide open to attacks from inside the lab. They left the world in grave danger from attacks using the technical knowledge we provided the CCP / PLA and whatever they managed to steal from us.

Every sane person knew in 2019 the CCP / PLA could not be trusted. Yet our Government allowed them to do all of this anyways, for political support in Canada.

Do you think that there might be just a hint of hyperbole in what you just posted?

Shame the only thing you seem to care about is PP’s security clearance. 

Ya…why doesn’t he have clearance again?

14 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Can you give examples of dangerous goods sent to China?  I thought it was scientific information that was leaked.

The documents were not redacted as part of a coverup.  The documents were redacted to protect national security.   It seems like there was an effort to hide the redacted docs, but not really as you describe it.

Deadly viruses including Ebola were sent to China. As for protecting national security, that’s the Liberal spin on this. If those documents are redacted to protect national security then why are they now supposedly being unredacted?  

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Deadly viruses including Ebola were sent to China. As for protecting national security, that’s the Liberal spin on this. If those documents are redacted to protect national security then why are they now supposedly being unredacted?  

I have seen no mention of deadly viruses going to China.   These types of things, though odd, do occur.   What is not supposed to occur is scientific spying and that is what happened here.

I now see that questionable redacting happened.   That's bad.    

a special committee of MPs was set up to review the redactions. While the committee acknowledged some information should remain blacked-out due to national security concerns, it felt other information was being censored to protect government agencies.

So, once again, I think this issue was handled poorly.   I'm just riled at all the exaggerations being made.   I'm sure you would be just as riled if the shoe was on the other foot.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I have seen no mention of deadly viruses going to China.   These types of things, though odd, do occur.   What is not supposed to occur is scientific spying and that is what happened here.

a special committee of MPs was set up to review the redactions. While the committee acknowledged some information should remain blacked-out due to national security concerns, it felt other information was being censored to protect government agencies.

So, once again, I think this issue was handled poorly.   I'm just riled at all the exaggerations being made.   I'm sure you would be just as riled if the shoe was on the other foot.  

IMG_0722.jpeg

Edited by Elias Pettersson

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Seems like lots of things have been handled poorly by this Liberal government. All of these poorly handled things are starting to add up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seems like lots of things have been handled poorly by this Liberal government. All of these poorly handled things are starting to add up. 

Yup, there have been a few.  Now convince me how a conservative government will do no wrong.

• Like 1