Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

CPI has Russia ranked as more corrupt than Ukraine.

Ukraine is ranked at 116 and Russia at 137 out of 180 countries.

It's straight off a Ukrainian website.  Russia is the most corrupt followed by Ukraine.

Like I said, A buttload of the weapons we are giving to the Ukraine are showing up all over the world after being sold on the black market.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Yes Alf, I do.  I haven't written one letter or email to any of my representatives in Congress.  However if the corrupt military leaders in Ukraine keep flooding the black market with what we're giving to them in order to enrich themselves, I'm going to become a pest and start bugging all 3 of my congressional representatives.

Any proof of this?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

A housing correction, inflation and rising interest rates after a near 3 year halt to the global economy beyond any government's control was avoidable.. Ok lol

I clearly explained this in great detail. You think with your heart. All liberals do and that’s why I don’t personally attack people that have good intentions. I’ve explained everything but I don’t speak in your language. 

7 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

No, not at all. Tell me you belong to a nazi party or a fascist party and you will not get equal treatment, in fact I'll get violent to fight those views.

There's a fascist party in Canada? News to me, i've never seen any one rocking a swastica. I think  antifers are just as bad.

4 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Any proof of this?

Here's one that popped up among the first on a Google search.

It's a CNN article claiming that all of the weapons were recovered (not true because there is video circulating the internet showing AT4 rocket launchers with Mexican cartels). 

They're also saying it wasn't dishonest people from the military which I also find dubious because all militaries have scumbags in them.  Unfortunately Ukraine is just one of the more corrupt.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/politics/pentagon-watchdog-report-ukraine-weaponry/index.html

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It's a CNN article claiming that all of the weapons were recovered (not true because there is video circulating the internet showing AT4 rocket launchers with Mexican cartels). 

They're also saying it wasn't dishonest people from the military which I also find dubious because all militaries have scumbags in them.  Unfortunately Ukraine is just one of the more corrupt.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/politics/pentagon-watchdog-report-ukraine-weaponry/index.html

CNN is brain rot. They went advocacy journalism a log time ago and its not the people they advocate for.

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I clearly explained this in great detail. You think with your heart. All liberals do and that’s why I don’t personally attack people that have good intentions. I’ve explained everything but I don’t speak in your language. 

This has nothing to do with "heart". You're attempting to deflect. Conservative governments historically run larger deficits, with short term economic gains/long term losses, all at the at the expense of short changing infrastructure and social programs. All of which overwhelmingly helps the wealthy and hurts the poor and middle class. Race to the bottom.

By all means, I see why that helps YOU (at least financially), but it does not help the vast majority of Canadians, or the long term economics of the country. Nor does your myopic focus on oil (or your fellow conservatives insistence decades ago that Canada not be as prosperous from it as we could have been). That ship sailed long ago. You guys F'd that up with your short sighted selfishness.

And again, that is not suggesting the Liberals have all the answers. But the conservatives DEFINITELY do not.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

CNN is brain rot. They went advocacy journalism a log time ago and its not the people they advocate for.

No doubt.  They're also "toeing the party line".  I found a very similar UK article from last year saying nearly the same things CNN said a year later.  Found that kinda funny.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This hardly means it's widespread or as you put it "Flooding the black market".

Here is an article talking about this...

Ukrainian Soldiers Risk Their Lives to Keep Weapons From the Black Market

They can’t track every shell, but at a time of heightened scrutiny in Washington they know they can ill afford slips with the big ticket items.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/world/europe/ukraine-weapons-tracking-corruption.html

“We’ve literally had people die because stuff was left behind, and they came back to get it, and were killed,” she said of Ukrainian troops’ efforts to make sure weapons were not stolen or lost.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

This hardly means it's widespread or as you put it "Flooding the black market".

Here is an article talking about this...

Ukrainian Soldiers Risk Their Lives to Keep Weapons From the Black Market

They can’t track every shell, but at a time of heightened scrutiny in Washington they know they can ill afford slips with the big ticket items.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/world/europe/ukraine-weapons-tracking-corruption.html

NY Times 🤣