Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

80/20 i’d wager unless there are a lot of closet cons that stay in the hockey sections which is quite possible

Well, we all know how reluctant cons are to come out of the closet....

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why limit your son? 

I'm going to be 100% honest when I say this is a scary sentiment and a little creepy... If you don't understand why a 5 year old shouldn't be learning about switching genders then I'm not sure there's anything else to say..

I'm going to step away from this thread.. I feel like I'm in the dark web..

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I'm going to be 100% honest when I say this is a scary sentiment and a little creepy... If you don't understand why a 5 year old shouldn't be learning about switching genders then I'm not sure there's anything else to say..

image.gif.54f5df1eaa41e36ae9872da7162e09ad.gif

44 minutes ago, AriGold said:

It's a tough line to cross for sure. I have a 5 year old who starts kindergarten in September and instead of him learning the alphabet and how to tie his shoes I have to wonder if he's learning about his body and changing his gender. Very scary thought because he's so impressionable and all you need is 1 kid to say "I'm a girl now" and then it's the cool thing to do... 

This happened in my kid's class. Several girls, all friends, starting identifying as boys.

Kids can be encouraged into something by their peers, yet there's a denial around that for this topic, it's odd.

I saw you're gonna step away from this thread, and given how unproductive these conversations typically are, I don't blame you.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

This happened in my kid's class. Several girls, all friends, starting identifying as boys.

Kids can be encouraged into something by their peers, yet there's a denial around that for this topic, it's odd.

I saw you're gonna step away from this thread, and given how unproductive these conversations typically are, I don't blame you.

So did the authorities take those girls and did sex reassignment surgery the next day?

Did they get taken aside and get puberty blockers?

Was this all done without parental consent?

You realize why I'm asking those questions right??   Right?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AriGold said:

That's fair and fair enough mate.  

One parent to another.  Just listen to your boy and if you ever feel like something is bothering them, go for a drive and grab some ice cream.  Everyone opens up after a scoop or two.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Stepped away before a conversation even started so being productive was never a possibility.

8 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

So did the authorities take those girls and did sex reassignment surgery the next day?

If you have a point to make, just make it. I don't like my time being wasted with silly questions.

• ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Why are you so angry?  Why not have a normal debate with Mastermind void of all of the emotion and anger?  It might be more productive. But sadly it won’t be. 

11 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

For all we know, they did so collectively so their friend didn't feel alone, similar to this:

i-am-spartacus-its-me.gif

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If you have a point to make, just make it. I don't like my time being wasted with silly questions.

The point is that these kids saying they're trans doesn't make them trans.   And no one in a position of authority is taking them in a back room giving them drugs or signing them up for a sex change.

The point is that the fear mongering folks going on and on about parents rights have no idea what is actually happening.  And yes, those questions do make a point to the folks posting about parents rights. 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The point is that these kids saying they're trans doesn't make them trans.   And no one in a position of authority is taking them in a back room giving them drugs or signing them up for a sex change.

The point is that the fear mongering folks going on and on about parents rights have no idea what is actually happening.  And yes, those questions do make a point to the folks posting about parents rights. 

We agree on the first part. Although many people would disagree, and would also disagree that there can be a social element to it. That's what I was addressing.

42 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Were you perhaps being obtuse to “several girls” making a statement or being counter-culture? Or maybe just Billie Eilish copycats?  I’m being somewhat facetious. 

Do you really think/believe an individual can be talked into deep-seeded biological attraction because ‘friends’? And then continue that throughout their lives because of their teenage ‘friends’. 

Give your head a shake. I know I’m shaking mine at your illogic. 

Would you be less of a loving dad or the best dad you could be if your daughter wasn’t the one that marries the highschool quarterback, has 2.3 kids, a white picket fence in the suburbs, while being a strong independent, small business owner, and a high powered executive who drinks scotch with the fellas but rides side saddle? 

Come on MM. Your thought process is so yesteryear, like 1950’s. I would say “grow up”, but you actually need to ‘catch up’. The world is passing you and your mentality by. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Were you perhaps being obtuse to “several girls” making a statement or being counter-culture? Or maybe just Billie Eilish copycats?  I’m being somewhat facetious. 

Do you really think/believe an individual can be talked into deep-seeded biological attraction because ‘friends’? And then continue that throughout their lives because of their teenage ‘friends’. 

Give your head a shake. I know I’m shaking mine at your illogic. 

Would you be less of a loving dad or the best dad you could be of your daughter wasn’t the one that marries the highschool quarterback, has 2.3 kids, a white picket fence in the suburbs, while being a strong independent, small business owner, and a high powered executive who drinks scotch with the fellas but rides side saddle? 

Come on MM. Your thought process is so yesteryear, like 1950’s. I would say “grow up”, but you actually need to ‘catch up’. The world is passing you and your mentality by. 

You jumped to several conclusions here for someone who has had no communication with the people I'm referencing.

Brutal take SS.

Just now, Master Mind said:

You jumped to several conclusions here for someone who has had no communication with the people I'm referencing.

Brutal take SS.

I may have gotten the gender of your child wrong, Mea Culpa. 

However, what other jumps, based with regard to your story, did I make? 

Let's phrase this a different way for the "parental rights" crew: If you had a son who turned out to be transgender, would you prefer to have a relationship similar to Dwayne Wade with his daughter, or one similar to Elon Musk with his estranged child?