Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

I don't know,  i tend to believe the parents know the child better than the teacher with 30 students. 

The parents should parent and teachers should teach curriculum only. Not their place to entice them to a political view, thats for each person to decide when they become old enough.

I do not support the right, there isn't one politician in Canada i trust and that includes all parties.

I guarantee you I know many kids better than their parents do........ definitely not all, but a pretty significant number.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Have you actually known a Canadian politician on a personal level? That’s a rather broad stroke to not trust any. 

I know several, and generally have no reason not to trust them. 

Oddly enough the only one I really know is a liar is Peter Mackay. He signed a pledge on the convention floor to never merge with Reform in order to win the leadeership of the federal PC's: next thing he did was merge with Reform. What a total jackanapes. 

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have always wondered, if one is anti-antifascists, is one not just a fascist?

Not looking for an argument, I have just been confused since I heard it on the news...Anti-Antifa? sounds fascii to me. 

from my understanding you cannot call them a fascist, because its described as a right wing authortian and nationalist group... where someone that comes from the left does not have a word but i believe its just antifa now... and the way to describe violent mobs of antifa would be a left wing authortian and nationalist group

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

from my understanding you cannot call them a fascist, because its described as a right wing authortian and nationalist group... where someone that comes from the left does not have a word but i believe its just antifa now... and the way to describe violent mobs of antifa would be a left wing authortian and nationalist group

I mean the people who apparently hate the people you just described, those AGAINST Antifa, if you are anti -anti fascist, that makes you a fascist, doesn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

I think, generally, on the left it would be referred to as totalitarianism 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

i think anyone coming to a group to disrupt someone with violence and hate speech no matter your intentions is just plain old goof... just like the loud and violent right the loud and violent left is not doing any side any favors

I think the difference is that the left is shouting for equal human rights and a more equitable existence.  The right, generally, tries to take rights away based on a certain moral imperative.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I mean the people who apparently hate the people you just described, those AGAINST Antifa, if you are anti -anti fascist, that makes you a fascist, doesn't it?

no it doesnt, because i am not a authoritarian, i can dislike these groups silently and without violence and hate

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I know several, and generally have no reason not to trust them. 

Oddly enough the only one I really know is a liar is Peter Mackay. He signed a pledge on the convention floor to never merge with Reform in order to win the leadeership of the federal PC's: next thing he did was merge with Reform. What a total jackanapes. 

Yeah..... He's the only politician to ever tel a lie Canada history.......That was sarcasm.

Don't who he is, don't care but when people do what aboutism, it's an admission of guilt. 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think the difference is that the left is shouting for equal human rights and a more equitable existence.  The right, generally, tries to take rights away based on a certain moral imperative.

doesnt matter what they are fighting for, both idiots in my book

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

i think anyone coming to a group to disrupt someone with violence and hate speech no matter your intentions is just plain old goof... just like the loud and violent right the loud and violent left is not doing any side any favors

agreed. Violence and Violent rhetoric that inflames people to violence have no place in a Democratic society. Not seeing any better alternatives to Democracy, we really should lean into protecting ours. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Guys that wasn't a deep fake. It happened.

You obviously can read, though your comprehension ability is obviously seriously lacking, but if you open the video and read the about bellow it you will see that it's a fake. I even posted it earlier.

In this episode, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau present one of his favorite books, How The Prime Minister Stole Freedom by Derek Smith. **Use of the images and text from the book displayed in this clip have been authorized by the author** Buy the book now! https://amzn.to/3KUoRBs ----------------------- Warning Yes, this is a Deepfake, or rather... a Fullfake (since I also recreated the voice) The voices are fake. The faces are fake. This clip has only a humorous purpose and it would be unthinkable that it be taken seriously. ----------------------- Like & Subscribe! Thanks! AlexWoodsZ alexwoodsz@proton.me

it would be unthinkable that it be taken seriously

Seriously!

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

agreed. Violence and Violent rhetoric that inflames people to violence have no place in a Democratic society. Not seeing any better alternatives to Democracy, we really should lean into protecting ours. 

For all the rhetoric by these two posters, there aren't a whole lot of "left wing" authoritarian movements in history.  A few who dress up as "communist", but just use that as the excuse.

There is a far easier, clearer path to authoritarianism on the right than on the left

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Not me, i know people that committed suicide. All of them had a hard life and were dirt poor growing up.

I also have no problem with anyones sexual or personal preference as long as no one is being abused. There's a trans that lives on this street, no problem at all. She doesn't go around shouting at people like a lunatic though.

Almost every video you posted was about people protesting AGAINST trans individuals or the LGBTQ community.

But sure, you don't have a problem.  You have a trans on your street

look at my african american over here GIF by Hate Thy Neighbor

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

For all the rhetoric by these two posters, there aren't a whole lot of "left wing" authoritarian movements in history.  A few who dress up as "communist", but just use that as the excuse.

There is a far easier, clearer path to authoritarianism on the right than on the left

i dont know how true that is, why does it happen like that? the easier path? i think in the last 3 years the whole society has been help divide the groups into the extremes, the more protests the more division. and the banning of voices didn't work either... what happened after all the twiiter and youtube bans? these individuals flooded another platform, and took ownership of it were they could speak whatever they like without any prejudice, im not sure thats better, could likely be much worse... this is just like the 90's were bush and clinton fought the war on crime... instead of investing dollars into schools and after school activities and boosting the long term economic outlook they just created a mass divide in wealth and class and people growing up without both parents. except in this situation its the people that are creating the mass divide and encouraging violence and hate.