Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

Were you asleep during the past 4 years? His entire campaign was predicated on sewing fear and division amongst Canadians

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist....This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people?"

I won't be voting for PP but saying he's not fit while thinking Trudeau is, is pretty funny to me. Also love the moniker you've parroted. Stay strong comrade.

Imagine the leader of the country calling Canadians misogynistic and racist and some people think that isn't spewing hate and dividing the country.  Too funny.

Also, what exactly is "racist" about not taking a vaccine?  Were these protestors wearing blackface like Trudeau?

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine the leader of the country calling Canadians misogynistic and racist and some people think that isn't spewing hate and dividing the country.  Too funny.

Also, what exactly is "racist" about not taking a vaccine?  Were these protestors wearing blackface like Trudeau?

I think by now it should be blatantly clear how cancerous Trudeau is for this country, but judging by many of the replies here, I wonder what he would have to do for some of these people to feel the same way.

But they'll continue to rail on about PP, with their cool monikers and holier than thou attitude

• Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Calling out the bigots in the country isn't dividing it, it's just being honest.  This could be avoided if PP and his supporters decided to start acting like people.  They have no one but themselves to blame for the civilized population being sick of their BS.  Electing an openly racist and transphobic Poilivre is only going to make the country more divided.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Calling the bigots in the country isn't dividing it, it's just being honest.  This could be avoided if PP and his supporters decided to start acting like people.  They have no one but themselves to blame for the civilized population being sick of their BS.

The fact you're still spewing this divisive rhetoric, even after all the evidence to the contrary has stared you in the face the past couple years, tells me there is no getting through to someone like you.

Carry on

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

He's sewing fear of fellow Canadians, based on whether or not they succumbed to a medical procedure

I was asked for an example, and provided an example

Should seniors or people with compromised immune systems not be afraid of catching a viral infection capable of killing them? Not to mention, there are a lot of otherwise healthy people who have or are experiencing long-lasting effects from COVID, even after no longer carrying the virus.

In one breath he also attacked racists and misogynists, who unfortunately do have a 'place' in society (can't just scoop them up and remove them) but whose ideologies are harmful and offensive to common sense and decency. I don't think what he said is sowing fear about them, but I'm happy he's willing to attack them for what they are. One can't tolerate intolerance, and I can't see why anyone would defend such nationalistic garbage we're seeing within the far-right.

I think extremist nutjobs--not unlike the type Poilievre is catering to--are, as a group, much more divisive than Trudeau or his government. I see people with such lame opinions--often tantamount to things like 'round them up and kill them' when speaking about racial, religious, ethnic or sexual minorities--on Facebook and other social media, and it's such a weird blast against a PM to say he's sowing discord and division when he goes out and tries to make, for example, laws against such speech. Again: one can't tolerate intolerance.

e: When it's commonplace to see people on the right accusing the LGBT community of 'grooming' young people and being pedophiles, and when Poilievre has spoken out against trans women having rights as women, I'm wondering who or which side is actually being divisive and mongering fear.

Edited by 112
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Calling out the bigots in the country isn't dividing it, it's just being honest.  This could be avoided if PP and his supporters decided to start acting like people.  They have no one but themselves to blame for the civilized population being sick of their BS.  Electing an openly racist and transphobic Poilivre is only going to make the country more divided.

He called anti-vaxxers racists. What exactly is racist about not taking a vaccine?  It may have been a stupid decision but stupidity does not equal racism. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He called anti-vaxxers racists. What exactly is racist about not taking a vaccine?  It may have been a stupid decision but stupidity does not equal racism. 

Correlation instead of causation.  The vast majority of the Klown Kar Konvoy were racists; they tolerated Nazi and Confederate flags in there ranks, and had white supremacists as leadership.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, 112 said:

Should seniors or people with compromised immune systems not be afraid of catching a viral infection capable of killing them? Not to mention, there are a lot of otherwise healthy people who have or are experiencing long-lasting effects from COVID, even after no longer carrying the virus.

In one breathe he also attacked racists and misogynists, who unfortunately do have a 'place' in society (can't just scoop them up and remove them) but whose ideologies are harmful and offensive to common sense and decency. I don't think what he said is sowing fear about them, but I'm happy he's willing to attack them for what they are. One can't tolerate intolerance, and I can't see why anyone would defend such nationalistic garbage we're seeing within the far-right.

I think extremist nutjobs--not unlike the type Poilievre is catering to--are, as a group, much more divisive than Trudeau or his government. I see people with such lame opinions--often tantamount to things like 'round them up and kill them' when speaking about racial, religious, ethnic or sexual minorities--on Facebook and other social media, and it's such a weird blast against a PM to say he's sowing discord and division when he goes out and tries to make, for example, laws against such speech. Again: one can't tolerate intolerance.

e: When it's commonplace to see people on the right accusing the LGBT community of 'grooming' young people and being pedophiles, and when Poilievre has spoken out against trans women having rights as women, I'm wondering who or which side is actually being divisive and mongering fear.

There are too many fallacies with what you just typed, and I'm not here to re-hash covid debates. Instead of wasting both of our time any further I'll just wish you good luck with your day

Go Canucks Go

• chaos 1

4 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

There are too many fallacies with what you just typed, and I'm not here to re-hash covid debates. Instead of wasting both of our time any further I'll just wish you good luck with your day

Go Canucks Go

All right- agree to disagree- good luck with your day as well.

I don't think there are any fallacies with what I said, though. 😉

GCG

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Correlation instead of causation.  The vast majority of the Klown Kar Konvoy were racists; they tolerated Nazi and Confederate flags in there ranks, and had white supremacists as leadership.

I know lots of people who didn’t take the vaccine. One of my best friends who lives in Chilliwack never took it along with her entire family and even her 80 year old parents. She is the one that always sends me her hate Trudeau Twitter stuff. 

Her entire family may have made a bad decision, but they are definitely not racists or misogynists. I mean my friend is a woman so how can she be a mysogynist?  Does Trudeau even know what the word means?  

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I know lots of people who didn’t take the vaccine. One of my best friends who lives in Chilliwack never took it along with her entire family and even her 80 year old parents. She is the one that always sends me her hate Trudeau Twitter stuff. 

Her entire family may have made a bad decision, but they are definitely not racists or misogynists. I mean my friend is a woman so how can she be a mysogynist?  Does Trudeau even know what the word means?  

Do progressives label the +/- 40% of Canadians who support PP as simply misguided or worst racist? Is there reason for why the CPC support has grown the way it has? Whatever Trudeau is doing is not working for a huge number of Canadians. The cost of debt alone is undermining the very social programs his government is promoting. There is no growth in the economy so how is the spending to be funded? There could easily be a real estate collapse the likes of which the Americans experienced in 2008. Canada has no where near the balance sheet the USA does. If such a real estate collapse happened here it would take decades to correct. 

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

image.png.f82736e287d7c09b7f3c107df111aaff.png

I know exactly what the word means.   

I think where we will fail to agree is the appropriateness of the word in the case of vaccines.   I guess I should have just said that up front and not wasted your time 

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I know exactly what the word means.   

I think where we will fail to agree is the appropriateness of the word in the case of vaccines.   I guess I should have just said that up front and not wasted your time 

So you're saying there was no pressure (get the vax or lose your job), or other negative forces (the Prime Minister of the country placing vax vs un vax against one another)?

Interesting indeed.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Whorvat said:

So you're saying there was no pressure (get the vax or lose your job), or other negative forces (the Prime Minister of the country placing vax vs un vax against one another)?

Interesting indeed.

Ok, there was some pressure.  There is pressure to pay taxes too.  Pressure to quit smoking.  Pressure to drive sober.

I guess what we are really never going to agree on is whether it was a good idea or not.   Or that the main focus was to divide Canadians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Ok, there was some pressure.  There is pressure to pay taxes too.  Pressure to quit smoking.  Pressure to drive sober.

I guess what we are really never going to agree on is whether it was a good idea or not.   Or that the main focus was to divide Canadians.

Pressure to pay taxes = jail if you owe and don't

Pressure to quit smoking = to stop doing something is not the same as a pressured medical procedure

Pressure to drive sober = jail if you don't and get caught

You're not providing anything of substance after admitting to the exact thing you said did not transpire.

Good luck with your day, Go Canucks Go

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I'm not a conservative but here's a bunch of bullshit conservative talking points that say otherwise. Anyone else getting deja-vu? 

Ah yes, forgot about the requirement for this to be a Trudeau supporter echo chamber

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Pressure to pay taxes = jail if you owe and don't

Pressure to quit smoking = to stop doing something is not the same as a pressured medical procedure

Pressure to drive sober = jail if you don't and get caught

You're not providing anything of substance after admitting to the exact thing you said did not transpire.

Good luck with your day, Go Canucks Go

I'm just so bloody disinterested in revisiting this can of worms that I just can't bring myself to fully get into a debate on it all.

That's why I just keep saying we are not likely to ever agree.  Neither of us is likely to convince the other of anything.

54 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It was a good example of Trudeau's subpar critical thinking skills. A moment that proved himself to be a poor leader to many.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So conservatives telling anyone not supporting them radicalized and the problem is united us ?

So conservatives telling us that anything not aligning with their beliefs is extremist and is dividing us ?

Guess your following trumps line of "there is good people on both sides" line ?

I don't like Trudeau but saying he is dividing us for calling out the hate being sowed by conservatives IS what is dividing us.  I disagree with most of what PP says but it's his right to say it. What isn't the rights entitled right is for everyone to accept it or somehow they become the problem 

This generations sense of entitlement is what's tearing out country apart. We use to believe In democracy and even if we didn't agree with something for ourselves we didn't work to force others into our beliefs.

Today's entitled feel everyone not sharing their choice is the problem

Yes many felt those not vaccinated are wrong .... They didn't protest and convoy to attempt to force that opinion ... The anti group did and continues to do so even though it's completely voluntary now

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It was a good example of Trudeau's subpar critical thinking skills. A moment that proved himself to be a poor leader to many.

Not his finest quote. An own goal perhaps and certainly a moment that caused his haters to hate more (if that's even possible).  

However, I hope people can see the distinction between saying certain members of a group are 'very often racist and misogynistic' and saying the whole group is.

23 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Ah yes, forgot about the requirement for this to be a Trudeau supporter echo chamber

Nah but you sound like a Poilievre supporter.  Probably look and smell like one too.  You just keep denying you are one, though.

Why the vaccine is even being protested and attacked other than those who must still have it ( some health and maybe military ) .... Is ridiculous..... For everyone else it's completely voluntary and if you don't want it ... Don't take it ... No one is checking who has it or at this point even cares 

5 minutes ago, Sapper said:

So conservatives telling anyone not supporting them radicalized and the problem is united us ?

So conservatives telling us that anything not aligning with their beliefs is extremist and is dividing us ?

Guess your following trumps line of "there is good people on both sides" line ?

I don't like Trudeau but saying he is dividing us for calling out the hate being sowed by conservatives IS what is dividing us.  I disagree with most of what PP says but it's his right to say it. What isn't the rights entitled right is for everyone to accept it or somehow they become the problem 

This generations sense of entitlement is what's tearing out country apart. We use to believe In democracy and even if we didn't agree with something for ourselves we didn't work to force others into our beliefs.

Today's entitled feel everyone not sharing their choice is the problem

Yes many felt those not vaccinated are wrong .... They didn't protest and convoy to attempt to force that opinion ... The anti group did and continues to do so even though it's completely voluntary now

Its actually still a requirement in BC. I have nurse friends who were forced into vaccination to keep a job they have devoted their lives to.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Nah but you sound like a Poilievre supporter.  Probably look and smell like one too.  You just keep denying you are one, though.

Ah there it is, carry on comrade.