Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

28 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Ah yes, forgot about the requirement for this to be a Trudeau supporter echo chamber

Why conservative supporters feel anything not supporting them is the problem is whats preventing any reasonable public debate and input on the national level.   

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I know lots of people who didn’t take the vaccine. One of my best friends who lives in Chilliwack never took it along with her entire family and even her 80 year old parents. She is the one that always sends me her hate Trudeau Twitter stuff. 

Her entire family may have made a bad decision, but they are definitely not racists or misogynists. I mean my friend is a woman so how can she be a mysogynist?  Does Trudeau even know what the word means?  

What do you think the chances are of knowing a whole family who refused the vaccine and are now a far smaller family?

8 minutes ago, Sapper said:

So conservatives telling anyone not supporting them radicalized and the problem is united us ?

So conservatives telling us that anything not aligning with their beliefs is extremist and is dividing us ?

Guess your following trumps line of "there is good people on both sides" line ?

I don't like Trudeau but saying he is dividing us for calling out the hate being sowed by conservatives IS what is dividing us.  I disagree with most of what PP says but it's his right to say it. What isn't the rights entitled right is for everyone to accept it or somehow they become the problem 

This generations sense of entitlement is what's tearing out country apart. We use to believe In democracy and even if we didn't agree with something for ourselves we didn't work to force others into our beliefs.

Today's entitled feel everyone not sharing their choice is the problem

Yes many felt those not vaccinated are wrong .... They didn't protest and convoy to attempt to force that opinion ... The anti group did and continues to do so even though it's completely voluntary now

So what exactly is racist and misogynistic about not taking a vaccine?  I’m genuinely curious. 

Just now, Satchmo said:

What do you think the chances are of knowing a whole family who refused the vaccine and are now a far smaller family?

Yes divisions amongst family occurred due to the misperception that the vaccine actually did anything outside cause health issues.

I know of a large number of vaccinated and un-vaccinated people, the only ones suffering from any sort of health issues, were the ones to get vaccinated

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

Its actually still a requirement in BC. I have nurse friends who were forced into vaccination to keep a job they have devoted their lives to.

Ah there it is, carry on comrade.

In BC there is a list of manditory vaccines that have always been manditory in health care. I suspect that until covid is near minimal it will still.be included for them.

Much like flu shots where manditory for about 8 years and now are voluntary 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

In BC there is a list of manditory vaccines that have always been manditory in health care. I suspect that until covid is near minimal it will still.be included for them.

Much like flu shots where manditory for about 8 years and now are voluntary 

Except unlike previously, there was no option to simply wear a mask as an alternative. The alternative was, you lose your career.

Edited by Whorvat

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Far smaller family?  Her entire family refused the vaccine. Even her kids. None of them died either. According to CDC all of the anti-vaxxers are supposed to be dead. My friend even got COVID and never went to the hospital. How do you explain that?

Just now, Whorvat said:

Yes divisions amongst family occurred due to the misperception that the vaccine actually did anything outside cause health issues.

I know of a large number of vaccinated and un-vaccinated people, the only ones suffering from any sort of health issues, were the ones to get vaccinated

Told you we were never going to agree.

BTW - studying  a small sample size can lead to incorrect conclusions.

Just now, Whorvat said:

That's a bold statement of declared fact that th vaccine provided no benefit or good a d those believing so have a misconception 

This is the example of my way or you wrong entitlement I'm referring to 

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Except unlike previously, there was no option to simply wear a mask as an alternative. The alternative was, you lose your career.

On hiring if you refused MMR you didn't get hired .... Covid shit is just another of a few manditory for them

In the military recruit Is latin for pin cushion......

I have an  old yellow needle books filled from my time in 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Its actually still a requirement in BC. I have nurse friends who were forced into vaccination to keep a job they have devoted their lives to.

Ah there it is, carry on comrade.

Like, I don't even know what that means.  Who do you think you're gonna vote for, if not PP?  Singh?  PPC?  You are pulling every card out of Poilievre's playback but keep telling people you're not his supporter.  And when people call you on it, is this the only thing you know how to say?  "Carry on comrade"?

3 hours ago, Whorvat said:

Were you asleep during the past 4 years? His entire campaign was predicated on sewing fear and division amongst Canadians

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist....This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people?"

I won't be voting for PP but saying he's not fit while thinking Trudeau is, is pretty funny to me. Also love the moniker you've parroted. Stay strong comrade.

FTR, he wasn't referring to all vaccine hesitant people when he made that statement. He was referring to the small percentage who show up to his campaign events with "Fuck Trudeau" banners and generally try to shut/shout down whatever the event happens to be.

Some might describe the statement as "divisive".....personally, I'd call it "accurate"....

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So what exactly is racist and misogynistic about not taking a vaccine?  I’m genuinely curious. 

I never comment on it as Although I do have an opinion on the anti vaxxers I don't think anyone on that issue alone is racist or misogynistic.

It is my view that many of the ones more in the news with them do have some of those traits but the reasons are related to their other actions and views that lead to that

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm not talking about the family you know.   I'm asking you to consider the families you don't know (just in case there actually are any.)

I have no idea about any other families. My personal entire family got vaccinated. My friend’s entire family in Chilliwack never did. None of us died. Nobody even got really sick. My friend keeps reminding me of this. Can you explain it?  I can’t. 

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Was this recently? Because otherwise I think that was in reference to the 2021-22 anti-vax convoy truckers flying symbols of hatred and racism like the Swaztika and Confederate flags. 

This isn't an endorsement of Trudeau, but the current conservative's willingness to import the American culture wars into their tent is my main concern right now and is against all our values as Canadians. 

January 12, 2022

In a recent television interview in Quebec, conducted en francais, Justin Trudeau said:

We are going to end this pandemic by proceeding with the vaccination…

We all know people who are deciding whether or not they are willing to get vaccinated, and we will do our very best to try to convince them. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it…

They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space.

This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people? Over 80% of the population of Quebec have done their duty by getting the shot. They are obviously not the issue in this situation.

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Was this recently? Because otherwise I think that was in reference to the 2021-22 anti-vax convoy truckers flying symbols of hatred and racism like the Swaztika and Confederate flags. 

This isn't an endorsement of Trudeau, but the current conservative's willingness to import the American culture wars into their tent is my main concern right now considering them as an alternative to Trudeau and what those groups stand for is against all our collective values as Canadians. 

The organizers also were known white supremacists:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8543281/covid-trucker-convoy-organizers-hate/

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

People still pretending to be shocked that there are things that are requirements?

Wanna work with the handicapped- you will have to have certain vaccines.

Work in a hospital- you will have to have xcertain shots.

Wanna be a fire fighter- you will have to be clean shaven.

Wanna work in that factory- you will have to wear steel toed shoes.

But do go on being upset.

Vaccines have been established science since the days people shat in buckets and shot musket balls at each other. This is more for the vaccine thread, I do wonder who profits from pushing the anti-vax narrative.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Like, I don't even know what that means.  Who do you think you're gonna vote for, if not PP?  Singh?  PPC?  You are pulling every card out of Poilievre's playback but keep telling people you're not his supporter.  And when people call you on it, is this the only thing you know how to say?  "Carry on comrade"?

Why does one have to be attached to the Conservatives to have the view that Trudeau is a cancer?

At this point I'd rather vote for none of them

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

He's sewing fear of fellow Canadians, based on whether or not they succumbed to a medical procedure

That's the second time you've used the wrong word. Let me help you out:

Sew                                     Sow

image.png.d3c30045936961307e01a34b4e9ff110.pngimage.png.ec9b3f13c7e6ec336a1a4689e66b98fb.png

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

People still pretending to be shocked that there are things that are requirements?

Wanna work with the handicapped- you will have to have certain vaccines.

Work in a hospital- you will have to have xcertain shots.

Wanna be a fire fighter- you will have to be clean shaven.

Wanna work in that factory- you will have to wear steel toed shoes.

But do go on being upset.

And these things change frequently, and sometimes the change doesn't make sense.  As someone doing a white collar job in blue-collar company, the mandatory safety training that all employees have to take is pretty useless.  That being said, I just take the damn test every year and get on with my job instead of crying about it.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I have no idea about any other families. My personal entire family got vaccinated. My friend’s entire family in Chilliwack never did. None of us died. Nobody even got really sick. My friend keeps reminding me of this. Can you explain it?  I can’t. 

Luck of the virus.   Some people got really sick; others did not.   

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

FTR, he wasn't referring to all vaccine hesitant people when he made that statement. He was referring to the small percentage who show up to his campaign events with "Fuck Trudeau" banners and generally try to shut/shout down whatever the event happens to be.

Some might describe the statement as "divisive".....personally, I'd call it "accurate"....

He explicitly stated 'there is still a part of the population that is fiercely against it, they don't believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist' Not sure where you're picking up he was speaking about Fuck Trudeau banners.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

That's the second time you've used the wrong word. Let me help you out:

Sew                                     Sow

image.png.d3c30045936961307e01a34b4e9ff110.pngimage.png.ec9b3f13c7e6ec336a1a4689e66b98fb.png

The fact you knew what I meant is all that's needed. Thx for the help though