Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

51 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Imagine the potential leader of a nation claiming and pushing the narrative that if you don't vote for them you're woke, stupid and trying to destroy Canadian history and culture and you support child mutilation and questionable behaviour around kids.

So....

PP isn’t the leader of the country. There is still time for Trudeau to resign and let someone else run for Prime Minister. 

Health minister pitches dental-care changes to get dentists onside

https://www.timescolonist.com/national-news/health-minister-pitches-dental-care-changes-to-get-dentists-onside-8615512

OTTAWA — Health Minister Mark Holland is announcing tweaks to Ottawa's new dental-care plan in a bid to get more dentists, hygienists and oral-health care providers to participate.

Dental and hygienists associations say their members have been slow to sign up to provide care under the new federal program, even though 1.7 million low- and middle-income seniors have already enrolled. 

They cite concerns about how much the government plans to reimburse them for services and the administrative burden the program will put on their staff. 

The Liberals say 5,000 dental-care providers — including dentists, hygienists and denturists — have enrolled so far. 

Holland says after further consultation, the government will now allow providers to direct bill for services on a claim-by-claim basis without signing on to the program. 

Holland says he thinks the changes will vastly expand the number of dentists who will provide care to patients enrolled in the program. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We have lots of lithium in the ground currently.  Using some of that carbon tax revenue to incentivize mining it would help create jobs, especially if it was coupled with similar funding aimed at getting batteries manufactured here.

There's also the added benefit that all that lithium would be for the bipolar crowd who hate Trudeau, Taxes and Vaxes, but "aren't voting" for PP....

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Someone made a comment that Trudeau was referring to the freedom convoy when he made that statement. Which is not true. His comments were made months before the freedom convoy even started. 

Saying a small group of anti-vaxxers are racists and misogynists is divisive.  He also referred to them as “these people”. Remember what happened to Don Cherry when he effectively said the same thing? 

Also, 6 million people isn’t a small group. That’s 15% of the population over the age of 5 that decided not to get vaccinated.  Are all of those 6 million people racists and misogynists? 

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/#:~:text=National vaccination coverage Access the,with at least 1 dose.

I am trying to track down his words as spoked French.   It's been a while but I spoke it fairly well when I was a kid.   It may be that some things were lost in translation. (Of course it may not be.)

I've already said I don't think this was JT's finest quote.   He never said ALL were racists and misogynists though.

BTW - and related to another post - out of curiosity I Googled "whole family dies from covid".   Sure got a lot of hits.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I am trying to track down his words as spoked French.   It's been a while but I spoke it fairly well when I was a kid.   It may be that some things were lost in translation. (Of course it may not be.)

I've already said I don't think this was JT's finest quote.   He never said ALL were racists and misogynists though.

BTW - and related to another post - out of curiosity I Googled "whole family dies from covid".   Sure got a lot of hits.

Here is the interview in French. Please translate for us. Was there anything lost in translation?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PP isn’t the leader of the country. There is still time for Trudeau to resign and let someone else run for Prime Minister. 

It's still proof positive with the all or.nothing demand of the conservative movement that is tearing apart the country 

Trudeau which I don't care for is telling voters why he thinks you should vote for him. PP feels a devine right to govern and is telling people that If you don't vote for him your the problem.

Make it smaller scale .... If your married and you told your partners they must feed you only the food you like or they are a bad partner .... You would start a nasty argument or your partner would obey ..... That's what is happening in Canada right now. PP is demanding obedience and is starting fights with anyone who won't. There is zero middle ground with him

Thats closer to the style of North Korea , china and Mr Putin then a democratic country 

Edited by Sapper

3 minutes ago, Sapper said:

It's still proof positive with the all or.nothing demand of the conservative movement that is tearing apart the country 

Trudeau which I don't care for is telling voters why he thinks you should vote for him. PP feels a devine right to govern and is telling people that If you don't vote for him your the problem.

Make it smaller scale .... If your married and you told your partners they must feed you only the food you like or they are a bad partner .... You would start a nasty argument or your partner would obey ..... That's what is happening in Canada right now. PP is demanding obedience and is starting fights with anyone who won't. There is zero middle ground with him

Thats closer to the style of North Korea , china and Mr Putin then a democratic country 

Can you provide the quote where PP says if you don’t vote for him you are the problem?  I’ve never heard him say that but could have missed it. 

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Wanna be a fire fighter- you will have to be clean shaven

Same with us working the big house. 

I miss my facial hair. I'm a bit too handsome without it. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Here is the interview in French. Please translate for us. Was anything lost in translation?

Somehow French seems faster than it was 50 years ago....

Yeah it's about what he said while simultaneously letting the Quebec know how pleased he was with how they were behaving.  

Please stop me if you've heard this one before:  I don't think this was JT's finest quote.   He never said ALL were racists and misogynists though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can you provide the quote where PP says if you don’t vote for him you are the problem?  I’ve never heard him say that but could have missed it. 

Calling non supporters woke , radicalized, lefties , etc etc ... Does it all the time

A democratic leader says their opponent is an idiot and this is there plan to do better 

A dictator wannabe attacks his opponent and the people not supporting him 

The difference is what is dividing us.

I have the right to hate truduea without having to support PP or the NDP

I have supported federal conservatives before Mulruneys time .... Under O'Toole... The NDP under Layton but provincially always NDP.

From Mulroney to scheer , Harper and now PP there is little to nothing left of the work should make your life better politics that Conservatives once strived for 

Edited by Sapper

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Here is the interview in French. Please translate for us. Was there anything lost in translation?

The Western Standard is a Canadian conservative social commentary media website operated by Western Standard New Media Corp. Co Founded by Erza Levant ( possible one of the worst humans ever. )

The only other thing I could find on the story is from True North. 

The True North Centre for Public Policy is a far-right media outlet that simultaneously describes itself as a "media company", an "advocacy organization" and as a "registered charity with the government of Canada." It operates a digital media arm known simply as True North.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Wiener 1

18 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The Western Standard is a Canadian conservative social commentary media website operated by Western Standard New Media Corp. Co Founded by Erza Levant ( possible one of the worst humans ever. )

The only other thing I could find on the story is from True North. 

The True North Centre for Public Policy is a far-right media outlet that simultaneously describes itself as a "media company", an "advocacy organization" and as a "registered charity with the government of Canada." It operates a digital media arm known simply as True North.

So this video of Trudeau speaking in French is fake?  

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Same with us working the big house. 

I miss my facial hair. I'm a bit too handsome without it. 

Cheech "I'm going to have to finally do it."
Chong "Do what, man?"
Cheech "Put scars all over my face, man. I'm getting too handsome, man. This guy thinks I'm Burt Reynolds. I got to give the other actors a chance." - Still Smoking

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

A 10 month old Reddit article. I'm convinced 

I suspect you wouldn't trust Wikipedia ether:

In 2023, True North's website published a video featuring presenter Harrison Faulkner, in which Faulkner claimed that the Canadian government was hiding the true cause of the 2023 Canadian wildfires. Faulkner's claim that arson arrests showed arson was the real cause of the fires was debunked, mainly because he pointed to news articles that were published years before the 2023 fires started.

57 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Health minister pitches dental-care changes to get dentists onside

https://www.timescolonist.com/national-news/health-minister-pitches-dental-care-changes-to-get-dentists-onside-8615512

OTTAWA — Health Minister Mark Holland is announcing tweaks to Ottawa's new dental-care plan in a bid to get more dentists, hygienists and oral-health care providers to participate.

Dental and hygienists associations say their members have been slow to sign up to provide care under the new federal program, even though 1.7 million low- and middle-income seniors have already enrolled. 

They cite concerns about how much the government plans to reimburse them for services and the administrative burden the program will put on their staff. 

The Liberals say 5,000 dental-care providers — including dentists, hygienists and denturists — have enrolled so far. 

Holland says after further consultation, the government will now allow providers to direct bill for services on a claim-by-claim basis without signing on to the program. 

Holland says he thinks the changes will vastly expand the number of dentists who will provide care to patients enrolled in the program. 

figured this kind of compromise would be coming. good to see. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

god this is such a weak argument. 

It's almost as if that guy was not really listening to what was said and just jumped on a few select words.   That would never happen here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

It's almost as if that guy was not really listening to what was said and just jumped on a few select words.   That would never happen here.

its just funny. Oh you can't call anyone out for being morons, otherwise you're calling everyone a moron. CPC should rebrand to the Spartacus Party. 

Everyone saw the small, yet belligerent and sometimes downright abusive anti-vaxxers. To pretend that those folks didn't exist, yet at the same time blaming Trudeau for calling it out, is truly funny stuff. 

My only question is, who do the PP supporters think they are fooling? 

• Cheers 1