Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I thought the other was not translated......

I posted a French version because Satchmo requested it as he knows French and wanted his own translation. 

Satchmo agreed with the translation and even admitted it wasn’t Trudeau’s finest moment. 

59 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Calling non supporters woke , radicalized, lefties , etc etc ... Does it all the time

A democratic leader says their opponent is an idiot and this is there plan to do better 

A dictator wannabe attacks his opponent and the people not supporting him 

The difference is what is dividing us.

I have the right to hate truduea without having to support PP or the NDP

I have supported federal conservatives before Mulruneys time .... Under O'Toole... The NDP under Layton but provincially always NDP.

From Mulroney to scheer , Harper and now PP there is little to nothing left of the work should make your life better politics that Conservatives once strived for 

Yes you have the right to hate Trudeau without supporting PP. I agree with that.  But some are claiming they never voted for Trudeau, don’t really like him but then keep apologizing for him or trying to defend him at every opportunity. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I posted a French version because Satchmo requested it as he knows French and wanted his own translation. 

Satchmo agreed with the translation and even admitted it wasn’t Trudeau’s finest moment. 

I agree that's about what happened but it still somehow sounds like an extremist right wing convoy-loving description of the events to me.   🤣

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Sapper said:

PP hasn't given any ammo to defend him over Trudeau.... And that's a problem. His entire platform is axe the tax and the streets will be paved with gold 

His slogan of common sense has to be backed with the actual details of his plans including what he will cut to pay for it. Remember a big part of Harper's plan to help pay for his cuts was big changes to lifetime veterans disability payments and Changing OAS for the poorest seniors from 65 to age 67..... Details he didn't share when running and helped Trudeau get elected 

I don't see many apologizing for Trudeau rather plugging their noses and saying better the devil you know .....

Federal NDP won't be forming government any time soon federally so there really is only 2 options ... PP or Truduea ..... So Trudeau absolutely is benefiting from voters who may dislike him but can't support going that far right , or voting on slogans that promise alot of tax cutting without any details of what's going to be cut or sold to pay for it 

You nailed it. All PP has done is groom anger. There's no plan. It's also "everything" is Justins fault which most people realize is simplified or misdirection or both.

PP says Justin has raised your mortgage, he said it in the house today. So what's PP going to do, lower interest rates artificially? Yes or no? 

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't know truduea personally assigned the contract to.this person.... Please provide the link to that ....

As for the actual news if this company defrauded Canada I hope they get busted 

• MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

Didn't know truduea personally assigned the contract to.this person.... Please provide the link to that ....

I'd be more angry if he was micromanaging to that degree.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes you have the right to hate Trudeau without supporting PP. I agree with that.  But some are claiming they never voted for Trudeau, don’t really like him but then keep apologizing for him or trying to defend him at every opportunity. 

I prefer him over PP, but will never vote Liberal or Conservative anyway. I just don’t trust anything that comes out of PP’s mouth. Finger pointing without telling the populous what they are going to do differently is my reason.

2 hours ago, Sapper said:

You do know that if the Canucks suck they fire the coach right?  Trudeau is the leader of his party and is ultimately held responsible for their behaviour.  If he is not, then he shouldn't be in power if he has zero responsibilities...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You do know that if the Canucks suck they fire the coach right?  Trudeau is the leader of his party and is ultimately held responsible for their behaviour.  If he is not, then he shouldn't be in power if he has zero responsibilities...

The point is ...it's not Trudeau's contractor .... News media gets a free pass for what CBC would be attacked if they said the same about a conservative leader .... 

Every party leader has dirt that happens either within their party or as a result of someone connected to their party through things like this

At the time everyone was screaming for truduea to do more to speed up getting the boarder open and speeding the process up.  If he didn't do things like the app ....he'd be attacked for not using every available option .... If he did he gets attacked for doing so ..

For the outcome that is different. If evidence exists that truduea was involved in a scam , or if evidence determines that he was aware of Canada being scammed and didn't have to the process begin to investigate ...then that's on him

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Sapper said:

The point is ...it's not Trudeau's contractor .... News media gets a free pass for what CBC would be attacked if they said the same about a conservative leader .... 

Every party leader has dirt that happens either within their party or as a result of someone connected to their party through things like this

At the time everyone was screaming for truduea to do more to speed up getting the boarder open and speeding the process up.  If he didn't do things like the app ....he'd be attacked for not using every available option .... If he did he gets attacked for doing so ..

For the outcome that is different. If evidence exists that truduea was involved in a scam , or if evidence determines that he was aware of Canada being scammed and didn't have to the process begin to investigate ...then that's on him

Umm as far as I know most countries were able to open their borders without funneling money to a scam?

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Umm as far as I know most countries were able to open their borders without funneling money to a scam?

Most countries didn’t have a bunch of freeDUMB fighting, Poo Poo supported morans blocking the border crossings. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Most countries didn’t have a bunch of freeDUMB fighting, Poo Poo supported morans blocking the border crossings. 

Umm what exactly does the blockades even have to do with the arrivescam app? The blockades are not why the app was implemented?

I feel like i am having deja vu...

I thought this app thingy was under criticism from the get-go.

Anyway, do your jorb RCMP.

BTW, them loud folks supporting the RCMP again, or no?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes you have the right to hate Trudeau without supporting PP. I agree with that. 

*both* are turkeys.😉

(as bad as they are, better options than the two seniors south of the border given that neither guy wears "Depends").

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Okay @Ricky Ravioli let's believe PP, it's all Trudeaus fault. He raised your mortgage amount, he's starving your kids with carbon taxes.

So you'll agree then that day 1 if PPPM takes over, we will see a substantial change in peoples finances. 

Tell me, how much of a mortgage drop shall I bank on? What about food? If you can provide a link to those numbers I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I work for BC Corrections so I dont like seeing this news. We're in the same boat...

Feeling for the Fed Prisons here. Thier union is sounding the alarm. I will be listening to whatever political party starts talking more about public safety and support for us frontline folks. 

B.C. prison guards decry increasing violence, drone drops of weapons, drugs

https://www.timescolonist.com/bc-news/bc-prison-guards-decry-increasing-violence-drone-drops-of-weapons-drugs-8616366

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/correctional-officers-abuse-violence-assaults-sask-cbc-news-1.7176950

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

As a rule when questioning gets to intense Trudeau throws his people under the bus. Jane Philpot, Jody Raybould, Morneau, CSIS, upper ranks of the Canadian military, Parliamentary Budget Officer, Ethics Commissioner..... 

• ThereItIs 1