Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

A statement like that could easily be perceived as a threat. It would probably be best if you cleared it up. 

🤣

Yes, PP is going to go looking for Warhippy in Penticton when he gets into power. 

When the Conservatives get into power Warhippy won’t be as cheeky about his schtick that everything is Trudeau’s fault. That’s because he will be spending all his time claiming that everything is PP’s fault. 

Is that better for you Joey?  

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think it needs expanding really. 

Sure it does.

I don't think you'll be so cheeky when Pierre gets in to power.

That's very loaded.  

Be careful what you wish for though 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sure it does.

I don't think you'll be so cheeky when Pierre gets in to power.

That's very loaded.  

Be careful what you wish for though 

I already explained my comment to somebody else. But let me expand further as it seems people are spinning it way out of control. 

You are always making the cheeky comment that everything is Trudeau’s fault. You did it again when you posted about Verizon not entering Canada. We know you are being sarcastic. 

You won’t be as cheeky about that when the Conservatives are in power. That’s because you will be spending your time blaming PP for everything. Does that make sense now?

Be careful what you wish for is also a loaded comment. However I don’t need an explanation on that as it doesn’t really offend me. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I already explained my comment to somebody else. But let me expand further as it seems people are spinning it way out of control. 

I thought it sounded a bit threatening too.   Not that I thought it really was a threat, just that it could easily been taken that way.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

if he is elected he will be held to the same standards trudeau is.  He will be responsible for the same thigns.

The bigger question, is will todays conservatives be ok if leftists march on ottawa and demand his government be overthrown and him removed because they dont like him?  Will they be ok if leftists shut down border crossings because they don't like the election results?  Will they be alright if people roll around with fuck Poiliverre flags everywhere and threaten his safety online and in person?

Asking for a friend

This post got me thinking...

Really good point hip. Due to the agressive and very angry nature of the freedom folks ... I have images of guillotines in public squares

Ok, maybe that is extreme but I just cant believe that they wouldnt act with violence if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I thought it sounded a bit threatening too.   Not that I thought it really was a threat, just that it could easily been taken that way.

I dont know what has happened with that poster these days....all bubble and squeak. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This post got me thinking...

Really good point hip. Due to the agressive and very angry nature of the freedom folks ... I have images of guillotines in public squares

Ok, maybe that is extreme but I just cant believe that they wouldnt act with violence if the shoe was on the other foot.

its a pretty weird basket of folks, from those who don't necessarily agree but sympathize, to people who believe in "pure blood" conspiracy theories. 

Anger is the thread that binds them tho, and PP stokes that all he can. But oh no, its Trudeau doing the fear mongering, because something about not accepting intolerance, or something. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I cant count the amount of times that I have heard things like 'JT should be shot' etc... 

Yet, people defend these types.

So, now I wonder how far these types will go if/when they are 'in power'

https://raventrust.com/5-key-indigenous-led-protests-that-would-be-illegal-under-albertas-draconian-new-bill-1/

vs a good number of them probably supported the "Freedumb Convoy" (Wackos in Albertan government)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I cant count the amount of times that I have heard things like 'JT should be shot' etc... 

Yet, people defend these types.

So, now I wonder how far these types will go if/when they are 'in power'

just look at the asshats bringing guns to the AB border and threatening the RCMP. Look at how PP likes to both play to that crowd and then try to distance himself just enough from it to not seem extreme. But he wants each and every vote from them.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

This is going to cost the people of Ontario, big time.

Huge violation of Employment Law:

almost certainly going to be a lawsuit.

Between that, and the upcoming huge training cost as current employees leave.

2:18 second vid at link

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/exclusive-union-head-speaks-out-after-go-workers-denied-vacation/vi-AA1nkkHx?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=518a7e3006664616a1426b3ae2da2f08&ei=23

"

There are new concerns there may not be enough GO train operators to meet service increases announced by the Ford government earlier this week. Tina Yazdani reports. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No wonder Rogers can offer better deals on their cell phone plans. They just make up the difference on their hot dog sales…

Grasping at straws much?  Losing arguments left and right so must resort to the same type of garbage PP does 🤦‍♂️ can’t make this stuff up

6 minutes ago, Rook said:

Grasping at straws much?  Losing arguments left and right so must resort to the same type of garbage PP does 🤦‍♂️ can’t make this stuff up

I was actually being sarcastic about the hot dogs. Do you take everything that people say literally?  

Also, where have I lost an argument?  I’m still waiting for you to show me all the new telecom companies that have entered the Canadian market since 2019 that apparently caused our cell phone plans to drop by over 50%. Can you give me a list of names so I can check them out?  

Or are you going to use the weak argument that Trudeau really meant “competition” and not “competitors”?  I thought that one was kinda funny. 😄 

• Haha 1

IToday marks what they call the golden weld ... The connecting weld to the last prices of the trans Canada pipeline

As freedumb protests continue for axing the tax the very fact that not one of them are protesting the billions and billions and billions in debt we are all stuck with to pay for the oilsands pipeline .... To make "some people" very Rich ... Makes every single one of those protesters as fake as hell

We are going to pay far more in pipeline debt than carbon tax ...

What about our rights not to be buried in tax debt for Alberta oil companies? I'm not apposed to oil and wish conservatives hadn't killed our refining capabilities .... Yet another thing sold off ...thanks conservatives...

But surely if carbon tax is bad then pipeline debt is as well ...

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was actually being sarcastic about the hot dogs. Do you take everything that people say literally?  

Also, where have I lost an argument?  I’m still waiting for you to show me all the new telecom companies that have entered the Canadian market since 2019 that apparently caused our cell phone plans to drop by over 50%. Can you give me a list of names so I can check them out?  

Or are you going to use the weak argument that Trudeau really meant “competition” and not “competitors”?  I thought that one was kinda funny. 😄 

It's true that under federal liberals we have not added additional providers ... It's also true under Harper and the conservatives we had one of the big players back out ... One that is needed for actual competition 

So your correct that liberals have not added and the conservatives lost the only big provider we could have seen added 

Not a glowing endorsement of conservatives making it any better ... That's for sure

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No wonder Rogers can offer better deals on their cell phone plans. They just make up the difference on their hot dog sales…

**** Toronto in any event.  I cheered for the Americans when they burned down York in the War of 1812.🥸

MLB was dead to me when the Expos left Montreal.😉

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Rook said:

There's a number of new low cost options, yet he goes on about Rogers. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

It's true that under federal liberals we have not added additional providers ... It's also true under Harper and the conservatives we had one of the big players back out ... One that is needed for actual competition 

So your correct that liberals have not added and the conservatives lost the only big provider we could have seen added 

Not a glowing endorsement of conservatives making it any better ... That's for sure

Well thanks for confirming the obvious and at least being honest about it.

I posted a tweet from Trudeau who falsely claimed that we have had “increased competition” since 2019 that has lowered our cell phone plans by 50%, and some people had to immediately defend him once again and even go so far as to try and read his mind by stating he didn’t mean “competitors”, he really meant “competition” within the current ranks. 

There was a real push years ago to get more telecom companies into the market. It failed because the big 3 have all of the infrastructure already in place, so they made it too difficult for the small guys to operate and eventually bought most of them out. Verizon then tried to enter the market as a big player and were rejected. 

And you are correct. Harper never did anything about it either. Verizon failed to get into the market under his watch. And I never claimed otherwise. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

posted a tweet from Trudeau who falsely claimed that we have had “increased competition”

which is true- there is more competition.

But perhaps you can provide a tweet that has J.T saying "There are more competitors" and then you could celebrate a 'gotcha' moment.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Frustration from paying $50 for a car wash.

You are correct. Between $50 car washes and $60 steaks I am at my wits end. Trudeau’s inflation is killing me really. I don’t think I will ever recover. 

At least I’m not a Blue Jays fan and have to pay $30 for a hot dog and $18 for a coke. That would have driven me over the edge really.