Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Grossly offensive?  I don’t even have a clue what the fuck you are talking about. Warhippy made his usual cheeky comment that everything is Trudeau’s fault. I said you won’t be saying that when PP is in power. What exactly is grossly offensive about that?  🤣

As for the dinner party response, that schtick is getting old. You really need to find some new material. 

You were then asked to explain what you meant by not saying that with PP in power (which honestly was framed in a way too make it sound like Trump's Revenge Tour), and you provided a non-answer. I'm looking to clarify your non-answer.

You're right about the dinner party schtick though. It got old probably about about the 10th time you used it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are correct. Between $50 car washes and $60 steaks I am at my wits end. Trudeau’s inflation is killing me really. I don’t think I will ever recover. 

At least I’m not a Blue Jays fan and have to pay $30 for a hot dog and $18 for a coke. That would have driven me over the edge really. 

And yet there's numerous places that offer cheaper car washes and steaks.  Greed from the business owners is what is actually hurting you.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And yet there's numerous places that offer cheaper car washes and steaks.  Greed from the business owners is what is actually hurting you.

No no no. He already explained that the expensive car washes was because the workers make way too much at minimum wage....

20 minutes ago, Gurn said:

which is true- there is more competition.

But perhaps you can provide a tweet that has J.T saying "There are more competitors" and then you could celebrate a 'gotcha' moment.

There is no gotcha moment. You are the one claiming that Trudeau really meant competition within the ranks. Nobody else claimed that. 

Also, what exactly did Trudeau do to increase competition between Rogers and Telus to lower our costs by 50%?  Can you provide me a specific example? Calling the loyalty department at Telus to get a cheaper cell phone plan doesn’t really have anything to do with the federal government. But perhaps you can prove me wrong and post evidence to the contrary?  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

The vast majority of People living in big cities with transit don’t need cars. Should be an enormous tax on those car owners. Tax to the friggin’ max those car owners and spend that dough on more transit. If car owners don’t like it, too bad. Move. 

• Wiener 1

Just now, Alflives said:

The vast majority of People living in big cities with transit don’t need cars. Should be an enormous tax on those car owners. Tax to the friggin’ max those car owners and spend that dough on more transit. If car owners don’t like it, too bad. Move. 

Says the guy who has his butler/manservant drive him around.

Ok, Alflives gets around using a handydart.😀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I wouldn’t want my local car wash business to go bankrupt and shut down so I support them fully. And they do a great job. I also don’t want the Keg to go bankrupt either. So I fully support them as well. 

There is no greed from the local car wash. They are just trying to make a living like everyone else. Are you not supportive of local businesses?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wouldn’t want my local car wash business to go bankrupt and shut down so I support them fully. And they do a great job. I also don’t want the Keg to go bankrupt either. So I fully support them as well. 

There is no greed from the local car wash. They are just trying to make a living like everyone else. Are you not supportive of local businesses?

I support my foreign corporate overlord Costco by showing my Costco gift card with $10 balance (don't  buy anything) & getting my dinner/lunch by consuming all the free samples in the store.  😇

• Haha 2

I'm told the high prices of groceries in Canada is due to corporate greed and lack of competition. Ok then please tell me what the difference between these 2 photos is if there is soooo much competition in the telecommunications market 🤔

image.png.bd0356edebaedfd4d425769206f1c09d.png

image.thumb.png.c3d7fd267323d42eff2470ecf1bfd67b.png

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wash my own car.   Most people can't afford to shop local unfortunately.   They have to go where the prices are lowest.

18 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm told the high prices of groceries in Canada is due to corporate greed and lack of competition. Ok then please tell me what the difference between these 2 photos is if there is soooo much competition in the telecommunications market 🤔

image.png.bd0356edebaedfd4d425769206f1c09d.png

image.thumb.png.c3d7fd267323d42eff2470ecf1bfd67b.png

It's mind boggling how the same people who yell at us that the reason food is so expensive is because there is a monopoly of only 3 main players in that market, and then in the same sentence in order to apologize for Trudeau's tweet they also claim that there is increased competition in the telecommunications market when there is literally only 3 main players in that market as well.  It's literally the exact same thing of corporate greed.  Too funny...

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

It's mind boggling how the same people who yell at us that the reason food is so expensive is because there is a monopoly of only 3 main players in that market, and then in the same sentence in order to apologize for Trudeau's tweet they also claim that there is increased competition in the telecommunications market when there is literally only 3 main players in that market as well.  It's literally the exact same thing of corporate greed.  Too funny...

The difference is the CRTC actually had to force the telcom companies to cut out the most egregious price gouging.    The obvious solution is to do the same to the grocery chains.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The difference is the CRTC actually had to force the telcom companies to cut out the most egregious price gouging.    The obvious solution is to do the same to the grocery chains.

I agree.  The federal government, no matter who is in charge, needs to find a solution to price gouging in the food industry.  There needs to be more regulation and oversight in that area.  Whoever can come up with a solution to this I will gladly vote for them.  

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  The federal government, no matter who is in charge, needs to find a solution to price gouging in the food industry.  There needs to be more regulation and oversight in that area.  Whoever can come up with a solution to this I will gladly vote for them.  

And yet you're promoting a party that historically deregulates every single industry.  I don't think you understand just how much harm Poilivre wants to do to ordinary Candians.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont know what has happened with that poster these days....all bubble and squeak. 

Nothing has happened to me.  I am totally fine.  But thanks for asking.  As to why I don't reply to you any longer other than this one time, maybe you can re-read your posts to me or about me over the last month or so and perhaps you can figure it out on your own.  I didn't appreciate all of the negative tone, cheap shots and personal attacks you distributed in my direction.  Maybe one day if the personal attacks and cheap shots are halted we can have a normal conversation again.  All bubble and squeak.  I don't even know what that means, so another weird post about me on your part...

• Like 1

And yet you're promoting a party that historically deregulates every single industry.  I don't think you understand just how much harm Poilivre wants to do to ordinary Candians.

I'm not promoting any party.  I have voted Liberal most of my adult life.  I even voted for Trudeau in 2015.  The same can't be said for some posters on here who defend all of his actions yet apparently never ever voted for him, unlike me.  

You can go ahead and dig up my previous posts.  But I will say it one more time so everything is clear.  If Trudeau were to resign tomorrow and if the Liberals were to pick a new leader who is not currently in Trudeau's cabinet and closely resembles Jean Chretien or Paul Martin, I will be more than happy to vote Liberal once again...

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well thanks for confirming the obvious and at least being honest about it.

I posted a tweet from Trudeau who falsely claimed that we have had “increased competition” since 2019 that has lowered our cell phone plans by 50%, and some people had to immediately defend him once again and even go so far as to try and read his mind by stating he didn’t mean “competitors”, he really meant “competition” within the current ranks. 

There was a real push years ago to get more telecom companies into the market. It failed because the big 3 have all of the infrastructure already in place, so they made it too difficult for the small guys to operate and eventually bought most of them out. Verizon then tried to enter the market as a big player and were rejected. 

And you are correct. Harper never did anything about it either. Verizon failed to get into the market under his watch. And I never claimed otherwise. 

I'd agree Trudeau misspoke. What actually happened is more competition in part because of rogers flexing their new mega merged power with merged providers and it's started a bit of a price war.  However it's not sustainable and once rogers feels they have peaked in attracting competitors customers to move .... We will see prices rise again

Now the the realities. Federal libs and cons are almost the same other than a few differences

Libs tend to add to social programs and run deficits to pay for them and cons tend to cut social programs to fund their tax cuts but after the bills come due with less taxes also run deficits

Both parties are 100,% owned by big business and anyone believing otherwise is ignoring a long history that proves they are 

For cell service the only way we will see prices drop significantly is to bust the monopolies the current big 3 have. Neither party has the balls to even attempt that as both parties are in debt to income the same big 3

The big 3 put demands of limited access and big big buy in for accessing our airways..... Neither Harper or Truduea or PP would dare put customers over big business .... Ever. Grocery prices.are victim to the same mantra of protect the owners over customers at all costs ( by both parties )

The point is .... It's a moot point for either the cons or Libs to use cell costs against the other parties. BOTH had the chance to change the process and force.compition and both dat in their hands and both used it against each other when they could score cheap shot points politically

That's why if both PP and Truduea dropped out ... Canada might actually get ahead rather than than continuing with this back cat / white cat trade off we keep doing 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm not promoting any party.  I have voted Liberal most of my adult life.  I even voted for Trudeau in 2015.  The same can't be said for some posters on here who defend all of his actions yet apparently never ever voted for him, unlike me.  

You can go ahead and dig up my previous posts.  But I will say it one more time so everything is clear.  If Trudeau were to resign tomorrow and if the Liberals were to pick a new leader who is not currently in Trudeau's cabinet and closely resembles Jean Chretien or Paul Martin, I will be more than happy to vote Liberal once again...

Again, you're still willing to vote for a party that makes no secret in their desire to make corporate racketeering easier at the expense of Canadians.  Trudeau may not be perfect, but he's still less harmful to the country than vermin like Poilivre.  If you want to actually have a solution to the corporate greed, Nazification of the country will only move that solution further away.

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

I'd agree Trudeau misspoke. What actually happened is more competition in part because of rogers flexing their new mega merged power with merged providers and it's started a bit of a price war.  However it's not sustainable and once rogers feels they have peaked in attracting competitors customers to move .... We will see prices rise again

Now the the realities. Federal libs and cons are almost the same other than a few differences

Libs tend to add to social programs and run deficits to pay for them and cons tend to cut social programs to fund their tax cuts but after the bills come due with less taxes also run deficits

Both parties are 100,% owned by big business and anyone believing otherwise is ignoring a long history that proves they are 

For cell service the only way we will see prices drop significantly is to bust the monopolies the current big 3 have. Neither party has the balls to even attempt that as both parties are in debt to income the same big 3

The big 3 put demands of limited access and big big buy in for accessing our airways..... Neither Harper or Truduea or PP would dare put customers over big business .... Ever. Grocery prices.are victim to the same mantra of protect the owners over customers at all costs ( by both parties )

The point is .... It's a moot point for either the cons or Libs to use cell costs against the other parties. BOTH had the chance to change the process and force.compition and both dat in their hands and both used it against each other when they could score cheap shot points politically

That's why if both PP and Truduea dropped out ... Canada might actually get ahead rather than than continuing with this back cat / white cat trade off we keep doing 

Well said.  I agree 100%.  Both the Liberals and the Conservatives benefit under these monopolies.  If they didn't, we wouldn't have monopolies.  You can say the same thing about the financial services industry.  RBC just purchased HSBC, so now they took a big player out of the market.  I have a friend who works at RBC and she told me they are rebranding everything and all of the HSBC clients are now going to be doing business the same way as the RBC clients.  Why haven't the federal governments done anything to the financial services industry to increase competition and bring in some new big players?  

Again, you're still willing to vote for a party that makes no secret in their desire to make corporate racketeering easier at the expense of Canadians.  Trudeau may not be perfect, but he's still less harmful to the country than vermin like Poilivre.  If you want to actually have a solution to the corporate greed, Nazification of the country will only move that solution further away.

Unfortunately I will never vote for Trudeau again.  Many liberal voters feel the same way.  That's why the Conservatives are expected to gain a majority government in the next election...