Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

If I'm going to spend that much on a steak, I'll spend a little more and go somewhere like Elisa and get something of higher quality.  Difference is that I won't bitch about the price on here.

I've had the steak at Elisa.  Even Gotham.  The steak at the Keg is actually better with more of a selection...

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If I'm going to spend that much on a steak, I'll spend a little more and go somewhere like Elisa and get something of higher quality.  Difference is that I won't bitch about the price on here.

Or blame Trudeau for your inflated steak prices.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Rook said:

Or blame Trudeau for your inflated steak prices.  

when I was really into it, we would buy a full beef tenderloin from Costco and make awesome steaks from that. Was really affordable, I think they ran about $120 but you can feed 12 people off that thing easily. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

when I was really into it, we would buy a full beef tenderloin from Costco and make awesome steaks from that. Was really affordable, I think they ran about $120 but you can feed 12 people off that thing easily. 

Thats the way to do it!! Same with their pork loins!  Huge savings! And then you can cut it to the thickness you prefer as well!  Nothing worse than a bunch of random thicknesses when buying it precut 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rook said:

Thats the way to do it!! Same with their pork loins!  Huge savings! And then you can cut it to the thickness you prefer as well!  Nothing worse than a bunch of random thicknesses when buying it precut 

yep. With the right set up at home, you really can't beat it. A great steak is actually one of the easiest things you can make if you have some basic gear. 

2 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

I’m in Honolulu at this moment. Prices are a lot higher here than in Vancouver. Bananas are as high as $1.59 USD per pound for example. We found a store that sells them for $1.00US. However, we are costing our home cooked meals at around $3.00 each, and we’re not scrimping on anything. Costco, and Sam’s Club for quantity, and a Chinese market for quality, fresh produce and fruit.
We treated ourselves to brunch at the Kahala Mandarin Resort yesterday, and for the price, $57USD per person, it wasn’t as good as we’ve had in past years. But, the place was packed. The Lido on our last cruise was much better than that brunch.

The Keg is overrated. I like to see what I’m eating, and that prime rib isn’t anything close to what we can prepare at home.

Prices in Hawaii should be a lot higher than Vancouver, its an island in the middle of the ocean. Its 4000kms from LA for reference.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Don’t they grow their own?

That’s bananas. 

Yeah but it is also a big export for them as they thrive in the tropical climate. Price of land is also skyrocketing over there, as the wealthy look to secure large properties for vacation spots. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah but it is also a big export for them as they thrive in the tropical climate. Price of land is also skyrocketing over there, as the wealthy look to secure large properties for vacation spots. 

I wish posters would differentiate between my serious posts and my facetious ones. 

Speaking of ‘bananas’

image.gif.6095a7c0faf3525705763c4a591afe66.gif

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I've had the steak at Elisa.  Even Gotham.  The steak at the Keg is actually better with more of a selection...

I don't know which Keg you've been to, but the one in Richmond which I frequent has really gone downhill with the Steak and Prime Rib quality.

Steak is a luxury nowadays though, so I'll probably go twice a year if 2023 is of any indication.

17 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I don't know which Keg you've been to, but the one in Richmond which I frequent has really gone downhill with the Steak and Prime Rib quality.

Steak is a luxury nowadays though, so I'll probably go twice a year if 2023 is of any indication.

The ‘Keg’ is for The Plebs. 

Sorry. 

Just being honest.