Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

These Canadian Protesters Became Very Violent But It Wasn't the Truckers (townhall.com)

'Threat was very serious': RCMP provide update on Coutts arrests after blockade ends | CBC News many of  the anti vaccers might be uninformed but dont deserve to be threatened with their life from the "Anti-Hate" group

Now , just because i gave examples does not mean i agree with or disagree with the message of any of these protests, the point was to show that yes the left can become violent

Those are the types of explosives they threw at the five year olds. I think they were so daft they mistook a family picnic for a patriot prayer because it said prayer meeting or something. Just daft to core and wasted on meth.

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

anyways still waiting for someone that would consider themselves antifa to answer if we should be violent and hateful at conservative political rallies? or just at extremist rallies?

Once more .........it's not happening, so that's not a serious question.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Once more .........it's not happening, so that's not a serious question.  

well i gave three examples... so well yeah it happened... and its serious, because we are an extension of the USA... what happens there tends to make its way here if not stopped. there is many examples of this in the united states...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

well i gave three examples... so well yeah it happened... and its serious, because we are an extension of the USA... what happens there tends to make its way here if not stopped. there is many examples of this in the united states...

Three examples, in the US.  I'd say that works against you a lot more than it does for you.

Once again, this is the Canadian politics thread.  I'm waiting for your Canadian examples

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

anyways still waiting for someone that would consider themselves antifa to answer if we should be violent and hateful at conservative political rallies? or just at extremist rallies?

I don't know what you mean by extremist rallies, but if there were fascist rallies, I'd throw down. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Three examples, in the US.  I'd say that works against you a lot more than it does for you.

Once again, this is the Canadian politics thread.  I'm waiting for your Canadian examples

Billboard Chris got assaulted by that blond, almost messed up his top 40 board.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

they were all in canada, i guess it proves you are dogmatic and dismissive if you didn't even bother to read what you asked me to post... interesting

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

they were all in canada, i guess it proves you are dogmatic and dismissive if you didn't even bother to read what you asked me to post... interesting

How is attacking a pipeline worksite akin to attacking conservative rallies etc?

And you cite courts as well?  Those were far right hate groups.

You are the worst researcher evah

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

On 9/19/2023 at 11:00 PM, King Heffy said:

Bottom line is that if the cons want to get consideration from civilized people, they need to concentrate on the economy and completely eliminate any of their barbaric social policies.  Poilivre and his march towards facsism does not solve this issue.  The country simply cannot survive the damage that will be caused by a man as evil as PP.

I'm curious, you say "march to fascism". Can you give examples? I do know Trudeau froze bank accounts of protesters and even those who funded them on funding sites - this is an anti democratic / fascist move.

And before you suggest some excuse or slander me, you should be aware the Canadian Civil Liberties association agrees with me (google it). Are you aware that fascism requires a strong central govt? Something Conservatives by nature do not want? They want power closer to the people, and less government intervention. This is the antithesis of fascism.

I think (and perhaps this doesn't apply to you), but many people today don't even understand what fascism is, they don't understand the tenets and behaviours that are fascist but like to use it as a slur. Many govts today, including Biden's have been exhibiting much more 'fascist" actions that those who are accused of being so. I would be happy to provide you with examples if you disagree.

I would love to hear your examples, as I just don't see it.

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

This is left wing violence? You think these were Antifa?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/coutts-protest-blockade-arrests-rcmp-tuesday-1.6352128

2 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

I'm curious, you say "march to fascism". Can you give examples? I do know Trudeau froze bank accounts of protesters and even those who funded them on funding sites. And before you suggest some excuse or slander me, you should be aware the Canadian Civil Liberties association agrees with me (google it). Are you aware that fascism requires a strong central govt? Something Conservatives by nature do not want? They want power closer to the people, and less government intervention. This is the antithesis of fascism.

I think (and perhaps this doesn't apply to you), but many people today don't even understand what fascism is, they don't understand the tenets and behaviours that are fascist but like to use it as a slur. Many govts today, including Biden's have been exhibiting much more 'fascist" actions that those who are accused of being so. I would be happy to provide you with examples if you disagree.

I would love to hear your examples, as I just don't see it.

Are you going to sit here and defend a three week occupation of Ottawa?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Billboard Chris got assaulted by that blond, almost messed up his top 40 board.

.this is a Authoritarian view he is representing, that is very controversial, but i would not consider it facist or extremist by definition. This group however shown in this clip was very hateful and violent. I have no proof this was performed by anti facist agenda, this may be groups that are LGTBQIA+ and the video didn't articulate entirely what happened. im not sure but it sounds like this billboard chris protests often? idk, there may be more to the story

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

How is attacking a pipeline worksite akin to attacking conservative rallies etc?

listen you are being very disengenous with your arguments, i did what you asked but you keep moving the goal post whenever i do my part... congrats on silencing me from speaking from the center... good job!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Not addressing your specific point here but...

I think many need to research the BLM / Antifa riots regarding George Floyd and recently Atlanta. Antifa is not "anti fascist". They use violence and property damage to intimidate. During the prior riots, they did over 2bn in property damage, over 600 police were hurt, and numerous deaths.

I think we all have to find a way to agree, that violence, which ever side perpetrates it, is wrong. This idea of well your side is bad and my side is good is, regardless of actions, is what's actually wrong with society imho.

We have to start agreeing on Law, VALUES and MORALS, and hold those accountable for breaking those social contracts, regardless of 'side'

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-protests-portland-residents-waning-patience-antifa/story?id=77511470

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

The funny thing about the right to protest in a democracy, is its not about 'the right to protest only things you agree with'. Rule of law matters in a democracy. Go debate the Canadian Civil liberties Association. You have every right to not like it, and disagree with it, it does not rationalize or enable a govt to act in a fascist manner. This seems to be where many get lost. Our liberties are there for a reason.

https://ccla.org/major-cases-and-reports/emergencies-act/

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

what are you making up now? about these courts? here since you still cant seem to understand let me explain it for you, what was reported...

one article stated groups protesting at the the alberta border with a group called the Anti_hate group bringing guns to the border after making 13 death threats online, the protest was shut down just in time, as 4 people were arrested at the border with weapons and one even crashing through a police barcade...

the second was a group protesting against the pipeline where Upon police attendance at the 41 km mark, the roadway had been blocked with downed trees, tar covered stumps, wire, boards with spikes in them, and fires had been lit throughout the debris. As police worked their way through the debris and traps, several people threw smoke bombs and fire lit sticks at the police, injuring one officer

the third was A demonstration took place in 2019  in the city of Montreal. The May Day demonstration occurs every year at this time to protest against the capitalist. An anti-fascist and communist group was present. Nearly a hundred people participated in the event. Protesters made various grafts and violent gestures before the demonstration was declared illegal. Tear gas was used by the police to disperse the protesters. According to the SPVM, five arrests were made.

5 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

The funny thing about the right to protest in a democracy, is its not about 'the right to protest only things you agree with'. Rule of law matters in a democracy. Go debate the Canadian Civil liberties Association. You have every right to not like it, and disagree with it, it does not rationalize or enable a govt to act in a fascist manner. This seems to be where many get lost. Our liberties are there for a reason.

https://ccla.org/major-cases-and-reports/emergencies-act/

That does not mean domestic terrorism is acceptable.  These pieces of trash were also open flying Nazi flags, and PP supported them.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are you going to defend Trudeau saying it was ok to protest anything in Canada except the government and then freezing bank accounts? That raised eye brows all over the world except liberals here i suppose.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1