Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

53 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hear ya.

That said there was a batch of ugly flags there.

Nazi, infowars, confederate, dont tred on me, upsidedown Canadian flag...there was even some white power heavy metal dudes flying their colours. 

But the majority seemed to be just pissed off anti-vax types that were being disruptive and didn't have any real leader. So the group got lumped together in many people's eyes.

If they had a unified voice, and as some are asking PP to do, they could have said .."yeah, those types dont rep us as a whole"

I know many people that supported the convoy but drew a line at them trying to close our borders as another example of the confusion. 

it was a  big mess really.

The only thing I can agree with you there is that they definitely needed a more focused and direct voice leading, so that the message wasn't getting confused.

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Sure every protest has a few bad apples. Just bad juju that he is drawn like a fly to bad apples.

-just happened to be photographed with Jeremy Mackenzie, the founder of Diagalon  who PP had never heard of

-called the RCMP after Mackenzie later threatened on a podcast to rape his wife Anaida

-asked his chauffeur to pull over to meet the group of protestors, just happened to meet with Tommy Everett the lead organizer of the protest at the NB/NS border since 2021. Just coincidence that Everett is one of the “few” bad apples and happens to have a small list of gripes beyond the carbon tax including masks, vaccines, lockdowns, digital ids, carbon tax, agenda 2030,  15 minute cities, bug meat, chemtrails, weather modification…

-again just bad luck that PP is photographed getting out of Everett’s camper with a Diagalon flag next to him on the door (which he surely has heard of by now)

https://pressprogress.ca/pierre-poilievre-meets-with-far-right-extremist-group-at-nova-scotia-new-brunswick-border/

Good line from the comments -

Nothing says “l’m an everyday guy just like you” like asking your chauffeur to pull over so you can talk to the encampment. “Pardon me sirs, would you have any Grey Poupon?”

That's right @Ricky Ravioli, PP is just really unlucky that he attracts so many douches 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Sure every protest has a few bad apples. Just bad juju that he is drawn like a fly to bad apples.

-just happened to be photographed with Jeremy Mackenzie, the founder of Diagalon  who PP had never heard of

-called the RCMP after Mackenzie later threatened on a podcast to rape his wife Anaida

-asked his chauffeur to pull over to meet the group of protestors, just happened to meet with Tommy Everett the lead organizer of the protest at the NB/NS border since 2021. Just coincidence that Everett is one of the “few” bad apples and happens to have a small list of gripes beyond the carbon tax including masks, vaccines, lockdowns, digital ids, carbon tax, agenda 2030,  15 minute cities, bug meat, chemtrails, weather modification…

-again just bad luck that PP is photographed getting out of Everett’s camper with a Diagalon flag next to him on the door (which he surely has heard of by now)

https://pressprogress.ca/pierre-poilievre-meets-with-far-right-extremist-group-at-nova-scotia-new-brunswick-border/

Nothing says “l’m an everyday guy just like you” like asking your chauffeur to pull over so you can talk to the encampment. “Pardon me sirs, would you have any Grey Poupon?”

Ahhh yes, I forgot. Justin Trudeau definitely doesn't have his own ever growing list of scandal's. 

And then yes of course the ever popular buzzword "far right" Literally from the article  - "Dean later asks Poilievre if he will pose for a photo next to his car draped in “f*ck Trudeau’ flags, but Poilievre suggests they “stand in front of something else.”" 

Just like how Mr Trudeau gets chauffeured around like the every day peoples man that he is? 

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s glaringly obvious PP is Poo Poo. Guy is scum. Our version of Trump. Serious POS. Sadly we have morans up here too who vote for scum like this. 

What I find hilarious is the "who me?" routine that the CPC guys do now. They pander to these extremists and then deny it. It's a little cowardly. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Linking PP to Alex Jones is the liberal government's way of making all conservative voters look like conspiracy theorists and wack jobs.  It's just a political stunt to associate PP with only the fringe movement who will be voting for him.  43% of Canadian voters are certainly not extremists and conspiracy theorists and most will see through the bullshit and not even pay attention to it...

Another hilarious post.  Why isn’t everytime something truthful, and against PP toucher comes out, do you whine in about liberal government?  He’s been shown to support far right politics and the world of infowars.  You should get a job as a bot to spin these false narratives, you are really good at it

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Ahhh yes, I forgot. Justin Trudeau definitely doesn't have his own ever growing list of scandal's. 

And then yes of course the ever popular buzzword "far right" Literally from the article  - "Dean later asks Poilievre if he will pose for a photo next to his car draped in “f*ck Trudeau’ flags, but Poilievre suggests they “stand in front of something else.”" 

Just like how Mr Trudeau gets chauffeured around like the every day peoples man that he is? 

Our pm shouldn’t have a chauffeur? 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What I find hilarious is the "who me?" routine that the CPC guys do now. They pander to these extremists and then deny it. It's a little cowardly. 

The Olympic level gymnastics people on the left will go to defend their party and cause is no better than what you are suggesting here

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Y’all PP supports sure do make a lot of excuses for him hanging around with degenerate losers.  The ironing is delicious

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

The Olympic level gymnastics people on the left will go to defend their party and cause is no better than what you are suggesting here

Did we make up Skippy stopping in to visit extremists this week?

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Not you specifically but see below. Seems like generalizing to me 🤷

There were inly moronic protesters at the Flu Clux Clan Rally  No generalization, those are just the facts.  

Edited by Rook
  • Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Did we make up Skippy stopping in to visit extremists this week?

When the word extremists is thrown around with such ease, it loses all value and people stop caring hence his current polling numbers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rook said:

There were inly moronic protesters at the Flu Clux Clan.  No generalization, those are just the facts.  

There are equally moronic pro Palestine protesters saying stupid shit as well. No generalization, those are just the facts.

50 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My good friend's son lived downtown then.  He could not go to work or sleep well.  The protesters  were ignorant and abusive'  Luckily he was able to work from home.

That’s why I can’t respect anyone who was there, or anyone who supported the Clownvoy.  Nasty ppl!  Selfish and self centred.  Just like white supremacy groups recruit the weak minded and disenfranchised, this group followed the same tactics

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

There are equally moronic pro Palestine protesters saying stupid shit as well. No generalization, those are just the facts.

We can agree there.  But I don’t see them holding a city hostage, or blockading borders

Edited by Rook

29 minutes ago, Rook said:

Another hilarious post.  Why isn’t everytime something truthful, and against PP toucher comes out, do you whine in about liberal government?  He’s been shown to support far right politics and the world of infowars.  You should get a job as a bot to spin these false narratives, you are really good at it

Trudeau literally said PP supports Alex Jones conspiracy theories.  He spent over a minute talking about it.  So how exactly is it a false narrative?

Why don't you post the information that connects PP with Alex Jones and Infowars?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Rook said:

We can agree there.  But I don’t see them holding a city hostage, or blockading borders

https://vancouversun.com/business/local-business/pro-palestinian-protesters-block-access-container-port-delta

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/arrests-pro-palestinian-protest-rail-lines-1.7175878

"According to the group, the plan was to shut down freight services from Canada to the U.S. to show solidarity with Palestinians starving in Gaza."

Excuse me? They aren't blocking anything?

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trudeau literally said PP supports Alex Jones conspiracy theories.  He spent over a minute talking about it.  So how exactly is it a false narrative?

Why don't you post the information that connects PP with Alex Jones and Infowars?

Meeting with people that support Mr Potato head links him directly to that.  You are who you associate with

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Did Trudeau make a special visit to them and tell them how great they are doing? 

• ThereItIs 1