Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

No, your opinion is that he encourages extremists. His current polling would suggest people think otherwise 

Why do you think his popularity refutes the claim that he panders to misinformation and extremism?  Why is he getting fact-checked on just about everything he says during his speeches?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Why do you think his popularity refutes the claim that he panders to misinformation and extremism?  Why is he getting fact-checked on just about everything he says during his speeches?

The guy openly promoted domestic terrorism but apparently those aren't extremists to those stupid enough to vote for Poilivre.

9 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Because at the end of the day your definition of "extremist" clearly doesn't line up with most of the voting population currently. 

I think @Ricky Ravioli seems to think he lives in a world where whoever is the most popular leader is always right.  Pierre Poilievre is popular... so he must automatically be right about everything.  Trudeau is unpopular so he must be wrong about everything.

So it doesn't matter how many times Poilievre gets called out for blatantly lying.  It doesn't matter who associates with him, extremists or otherwise.  Because he's more popular, nothing else matters to RR.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

I think @Ricky Ravioli seems to think he lives in a world where whoever is the most popular leader is always right.  Pierre Poilievre is popular... so he must automatically be right about everything.  Trudeau is unpopular so he must be wrong about everything.

So it doesn't matter how many times Poilievre gets called out for blatantly lying.  It doesn't matter who associates with him, extremists or otherwise.  Because he's more popular, nothing else matters to RR.  

Trudeau is unpopular for many a reason. He and his party did that all on their own.

It clearly doesn't seem to matter to most of the voting age population either, so why single me out? Why not get out there and talk to some people in the real world instead of this echo chamber of a thread and you might get the answers you are seeking 🤷

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Trudeau is unpopular for many a reason. He and his party did that all on their own.

It clearly doesn't seem to matter to most of the voting age population either, so why single me out? Why not get out there and talk to some people in the real world instead of this echo chamber of a thread and you might get the answers you are seeking 🤷

10 years in power will do that. It doesn't make PP a good choice. That shit head spends time at weirdo camps instead of coming up with good ideas. 

21 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Again, you seem to think this is nothing more than a popularity contest.  That's your comeback all day long.  "Polls say otherwise"  "Polls say otherwise"  "Polls say otherwise"

Is that all you can say about the man?  Can you not assess him as his own man instead of always trying to compare him to Trudeau?  Trust me, the real world is very different from the way you think, where PP is PM material... because he's polling well.

27 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Nickelback is a popular band.  They must be good then.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Again, you seem to think this is nothing more than a popularity contest.  That's your comeback all day long.  "Polls say otherwise"  "Polls say otherwise"  "Polls say otherwise"

Is that all you can say about the man?  Can you not assess him as his own man instead of always trying to compare him to Trudeau?  Trust me, the real world is very different from the way you think, where PP is PM material... because he's polling well.

Do you think political leaders are more concerned about your opinion or their polling?

I've already done all that. I don't need to do that on this board for you. My issues with him clearly are no where near as large as yours 🤷

15 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Do you think political leaders are more concerned about your opinion or their polling?

Aren't polls a bunch of individuals opinions?

• Cheers 1

pretty interesting discussion here on At Issue, and something the lefties on this board have been saying for a while, people like the liberal policies for the most part, but people have tuned out Trudeau. 

With 18 months to go, I personally hope Trudeau considers moving on and letting someone like Carney take over. Its time, we need a better manager as leader, and it has the benefit of derailing 99% of Skippy's messaging. 

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/1.7185700

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Question 

Is Pierre popular? Or is Trudeau unpopular?

In a nutshell.... Both statements are true IMO.

Trudeau's shelf life expired some time ago and Poilievre's offering has so far failed to make the shelf.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Can you not assess him as his own man instead of always trying to compare him to Trudeau? 

Maybe he has?  Maybe he's already determined that the Rt. Hon. is mountable, while the rage-farming pretender isn't?  :hurhur:

Mind you, I wouldn't expect much original thought or ability to analyze from a parrot. :parrot:

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe he has?  Maybe he's already determined that the Rt. Hon. is mountable, while the rage-farming pretender isn't?  :hurhur:

Mind you, I wouldn't expect much original thought or ability to analyze from a parrot. :parrot:

Why Is it the ever soooo tolerant left leaning always have to resort to these petty little digs. Pretty embarrassing imo

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Why Is it the ever soooo tolerant left leaning always have to resort to these petty little digs. Pretty embarrassing imo

Because your guy PP can't stay out of peoples personal lives. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Because your guy PP can't stay out of peoples personal lives. 

My guy? You think I personally know him or something?

Also that's a pathetic attempt to excuse that lame stuff. It's no wonder this entire thread is a giant echo chamber 

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Also that's a pathetic attempt to excuse that lame stuff. It's no wonder this entire thread is a giant echo chamber 

why is it lame? Skippy loves being abrasive towards others. Its his thing. Why is it OK for Skippy and not for us?

7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Yet your posts over the last couple of days seem to be just echoing the same thought over and over.   43% of Canadians can't all be extremists I hear.